Which states don't switch back to standard time?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Tareeq

Which states don't switch back to standard time?

Post by Tareeq »

And is our server located in one of them?

I've already changed my profile. Just something I noticed.
Rip

Re: Which states don't switch back to standard time?

Post by Rip »

Tareeq wrote:And is our server located in one of them?

I've already changed my profile. Just something I noticed.
The server is in Louisiana and our time rolls back.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I think Arizona and most of Indiana are the only areas that don't change.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

I can confirm, as a native Phoenician, that Arizona does not participate in the this silly ritual. :)
Raven_13

Post by Raven_13 »

Gromit wrote:I can confirm, as a native Phoenician, that Arizona does not participate in the this silly ritual. :)
Except for the Navajo territories, oddly enough. :ninja:
"Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand." - Anonymous
geezer

Post by geezer »

Not to split hairs, but isn't it more accurate to ask which states don't move the clocks forward in the spring? As I recall, AZ and Indiana are *always* on natural (i.e. "correct") time and it the REST of us that move forward and back.

Sorry.. carry on...
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

geezer wrote:Not to split hairs, but isn't it more accurate to ask which states don't move the clocks forward in the spring? As I recall, AZ and Indiana are *always* on natural (i.e. "correct") time and it the REST of us that move forward and back.

Sorry.. carry on...
Exactly--here in Indiana, we're always on standard time.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Except, of course, for NW Indiana, which does Daylight Savings Time (I think it's because they're in the Chicago media market, and it prevents too much confusion in Gary over TV schedules).
disarm

Post by disarm »

ImLawBoy wrote:Except, of course, for NW Indiana, which does Daylight Savings Time (I think it's because they're in the Chicago media market, and it prevents too much confusion in Gary over TV schedules).
there are also a few counties in southern indiana that change to stay with the Eastern time zone...the ones that are right next to louisville and cincinnati (5 counties) adjust to help keep in time with the larger cities in the area. then there are 6 surrounding chicago and 5 near evansville (SW indiana) that change to stay with the Central time zone. what does all that mean? indiana actually has 3 different areas that behave differently during the time change because it borders a number of large cities in different time zones...pretty confusing...

personally, i'm glad that i now live in indianapolis...where the time never changes 8)
Rip

Post by Rip »

disarm wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote:Except, of course, for NW Indiana, which does Daylight Savings Time (I think it's because they're in the Chicago media market, and it prevents too much confusion in Gary over TV schedules).
there are also a few counties in southern indiana that change to stay with the Eastern time zone...the ones that are right next to louisville and cincinnati (5 counties) adjust to help keep in time with the larger cities in the area. then there are 6 surrounding chicago and 5 near evansville (SW indiana) that change to stay with the Central time zone. what does all that mean? indiana actually has 3 different areas that behave differently during the time change because it borders a number of large cities in different time zones...pretty confusing...

personally, i'm glad that i now live in indianapolis...where the time never changes 8)
Come on now, you're making me homesick :roll:
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

ImLawBoy wrote:I think Arizona and most of Indiana are the only areas that don't change.
Parts of Indiana, I think.
CSL

Post by CSL »

Sasketchewan also does not conform to the ridiculous Day Light Savings TIme crap. Of course we in Manitoba call it "The Gap" for some reason, no idea why though. Maybe because they appear to be a gap with lights when they don't conform to our time?
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Hawaii doesn't change either.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest