What's going on at GoGamer?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Yojimbo

What's going on at GoGamer?

Post by Yojimbo »

I have ordered quite a bit from GoGamer and I have always been pleased. However, my last two orders have gone bad.

Two weeks ago Tuesday, I ordered five games for a LAN Party (2nd day) and they never shipped - so Friday I cancled the order and picked them up locally.

Wednsday of this week I ordered Knights of Honor overnight (it was only $4 more) and my order is "Not Started" per the GoGamer website.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it time to find a online game shop? Who do you guys order from(US)?

-Yo
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I just got some games from them last week and had no problems. Maybe you should send them an email?
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

I have a webmail into them already, thanks. I was just wondering if others are seeing what I'm seening with these guys?

If everyone else is getting treated the same because they recently put the bosses lackwit son in charge of shipping (or some other reason) I'm fine with that. If I'm the only one getting treated like a leper then I'm irked.

-Yo
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Update: my item is out of stock. I guess it's just a run of bad GoGamer luck on my part.

-Yo
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

No good news today. My email from gg said said it would ship Monday - but my GoGamer account page still shows order not started. What's worse is that the Knights of Honor product page says "Usually ships within 24 hours". I am not feeling the love that I used to feel.

Tomorrow it will be a week. I could have had this shipped in from GB in six days.

-Yo
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

Wow, I'm sorry to here this :(
I have ordered 2 games in the last two weeks from them and they both shipped on time.
They took forever to be delivered because I got the cheap shipping, but I knew it wasn't going to be speedy :)
I still haven't had any problems with getting items on time. I hope your luck changes!
Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
Misguided

Post by Misguided »

Ordered Richard Burns and Xpand rally a few weeks ago. It came before I even knew it had shipped. Turned out the email got hung up with my comcast account somehow (but they did send it).
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

I've used their CHEAP 1.99 shipping twice now. First shipment took 10 days and the second took 11 days. It's not worth saving 4 bucks to wait all that time.
"Whoaaaaaa man. You're totally covered in glass salad." .....Smooth B's stoned neighbor
slambie

Post by slambie »

I ordered from GoGamer twice in the past 2 weeks and haven't had any problems. Plus I got a cool slinky and a pen!
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

slambie wrote:I ordered from GoGamer twice in the past 2 weeks and haven't had any problems. Plus I got a cool slinky and a pen!
How was your delivery time -- did you use the 1.99 shipping? Greggy_D's note above is a bit worrisome.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Misguided

Post by Misguided »

Their 2-day shipping on up to three games is a flate rate of what...5.99? Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

The 1.99 shipping option is actually good old USPS Media Mail......in other words..."you'll get your package when we damn well feel like giving it to you".
"Whoaaaaaa man. You're totally covered in glass salad." .....Smooth B's stoned neighbor
slambie

Post by slambie »

Freezer-TPF- wrote:
slambie wrote:I ordered from GoGamer twice in the past 2 weeks and haven't had any problems. Plus I got a cool slinky and a pen!
How was your delivery time -- did you use the 1.99 shipping? Greggy_D's note above is a bit worrisome.
I went with the 2-day delivery option and the boxes arrived on my doorstep in exactly 2 days.
Koz

Post by Koz »

Greggy_D wrote:The 1.99 shipping option is actually good old USPS Media Mail......in other words..."you'll get your package when we damn well feel like giving it to you".
Yeah, sadly that's probably USPS's fault and not GoGamer's. I guess you get what you pay for.
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

Yup, don't do the cheap shipping unless you really don't care when you get your package. I'm glad its there but I only use it when I see a game on sale that I've been waiting to drop in price and I could care less when it actually arrives.
Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

slambie wrote:
Freezer-TPF- wrote:
I went with the 2-day delivery option and the boxes arrived on my doorstep in exactly 2 days.
I've always used the 2-day option with them with no problems.

gogamer been very very good to me.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

I finally got my Knights of Honor about 1.5 weeks after ordering. I guess the moral is to always call it in to be sure the game is in stock first.

-Yo
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

Is it just me, or has it been a while since there's been a new 48 hour madness?
Odin

Post by Odin »

ChrisGwinn wrote:Is it just me, or has it been a while since there's been a new 48 hour madness?
Seems like I got one earlier this week, but I may be thinking of last week's. I usually glance at them then delete them immediately unless I see something really interesting. I don't think there's any set schedule for them, so just like I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 in one week, I also wouldn't think it unusual to get 0-1 for a week either. The average seems to be 1-2.

Sith
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

My first disturbing order:

I've probably ordered from Gogamer 40 or 50 times with no problem. On Friday, I ordered Pacific Fighters at around 2pm EDT (11am at Gogamer). The game didn't ship out until yesterday (Tuesday).
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

Just placed another order from them. Absolutely no problems, except the game I ordered went on the 48 hour madness special the day after I received it.
xenocide

Post by xenocide »

I have ordered quite a bit from GoGamer and I have always been pleased. However, my last two orders have gone bad.
Screw you and your gogamer problems. I was perfectly happy not visiting their site for weeks, I already have all the games installed on my computer that I need. But lo and behold, I read this thread and go to check what is going on in 48 hour madness. Guess what, I see X2, which I have been thinking about for a while, for $13 and end up getting it. I think you should send me a check for about $7-8 to make up for your part is this.
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

ChrisGwinn wrote:Is it just me, or has it been a while since there's been a new 48 hour madness?
I don't remember if it was a madness sale but they had HL2 for $35 the end of last week. First time I've ordered from them in quite awhile. I picked media mail, because I don't have the time to game right now and the gaming rigs case is being modded right now anyway. It did ship right away according to an email.
gorham09

Post by gorham09 »

I am about a week in from shipment of an order I placed using the cheapest shipping option. According to their site (2-9 day delivery) I should have it in the next day or two. I have decided that it's probably not worth it in the future. I've had too many things "lost" when using media mail.
gorham09

Post by gorham09 »

I'm at 11 days and still waiting. I'm not in a hurry to receive it; I just hope I do receive it. I guess I learned the hard way that saving the extra $4 on shipping is not worth the anxiety.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

gorham09 wrote:I'm at 11 days and still waiting. I'm not in a hurry to receive it; I just hope I do receive it. I guess I learned the hard way that saving the extra $4 on shipping is not worth the anxiety.
You're only counting business days, right? And not Thanksgiving? Their cut-rate shipping is USPS I think and nothing really moves on holidays or Sundays.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

gorham....it's normal. 3 times now I've used it and it's always taken closer to 2 weeks. Pacific Fighters just showed up today, exactly 14 days after I ordered.

The 1.99 option is nice if you're not in a hurry, but if you don't want to wait this long spend the extra 4 bucks for 2 day.
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

Two orders in the last week with no problems.
RookieCAF

Post by RookieCAF »

Anal Retentive Me, I'd rather spend the 4 Bucks and have Tracking Info and Delivery Confirmation.
~Rookie
My BF2 Stats
gorham09

Post by gorham09 »

I did receive the game. I am a bit paranoid because I have lost about 4-5 packages with media mail (out of about 15). I believe they're being stolen, because several have come from bestbuy using media mail, but Bestbuy has some sort of internal tracking information that has allowed me to track them. Packages always make it to some sort of Baltimore Hub, but then never to their Baltimore destination. Each missing pacakge (at least the ones that I could track, made it to this same HUB, but never any further). The funny thing is, this only happens with media mail- not priority mail or 3rd party carrier shipping services

I am currently waiting on several DeepdiscountDVD's that have been in the mail since the 23rd. I have my fingers crossed. Anyway, I guess I've learned my lesson- just don't want the stress of wondering whether the package will arrive or not. No more media mail.

[Edit- apparently, I should post in this thread more often. I received 2 of my 3 outstanding DVD's today]

Post by Default »

gorham09 wrote:I did receive the game. I am a bit paranoid because I have lost about 4-5 packages with media mail (out of about 15). I believe they're being stolen, because several have come from bestbuy using media mail, but Bestbuy has some sort of internal tracking information that has allowed me to track them. Packages always make it to some sort of Baltimore Hub, but then never to their Baltimore destination. Each missing pacakge (at least the ones that I could track, made it to this same HUB, but never any further). The funny thing is, this only happens with media mail- not priority mail or 3rd party carrier shipping services

I am currently waiting on several DeepdiscountDVD's that have been in the mail since the 23rd. I have my fingers crossed. Anyway, I guess I've learned my lesson- just don't want the stress of wondering whether the package will arrive or not. No more media mail.

[Edit- apparently, I should post in this thread more often. I received 2 of my 3 outstanding DVD's today]
If you're losing stuff, contact the postal inspectors, believe it or not, they tend to catch the persons responsible.
Odin

Post by Odin »

I ordered something that supposedly shipped on the 20th, via their 2-day fedex, that didn't show up until the 23rd. No huge deal, but what bugged me was they never actually e-mailed me the tracking number, so I couldnt' see where it was. When I finally called them on the 23rd (two days before Christmas, mind), their network was down and they couldn't tell me squat. Funny thing was that the dude (who did seem apologetic and who wanted to be helpful) put me on hold for almost 5 minutes, but 30 seconds into it the doorbell rang and Fedex handed me my game.

So overall not a bad experience, but not exactly flawless. I have had exactly the same thing happen in years past however (well, except for fedex showing up while they have me on hold), so it's not exactly new.

Sith
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Well,

I have ordered from them twice more (one arrived today) and had no further troubles. My last two orders were shipped the day of order 2nd day and arrived on time with no troubles.

I think I just had a run of bad luck.

I'm off to play Silent Storm expansion now.

-Yo
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sith Lord wrote:I ordered something that supposedly shipped on the 20th, via their 2-day fedex, that didn't show up until the 23rd. No huge deal, but what bugged me was they never actually e-mailed me the tracking number, so I couldnt' see where it was
You know, I have ordered from them lots of times. Every time I received email confirmation of the order, an email receipt, and then an emailed tracking number. I ordered Pacific Fighters from them a few days ago, but never got a single email (the game has already arrived).
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
mori

Post by mori »

Resurrecting a thread. Look at the search function in action :) .

Gogamer just let me down. I made an order Tuesday for 3 instock games and had it shipped FedEx 2 day delivery so I have some serious gaming goodness this weekend. I got an email Wednesday saying it shipped. I called Gogamer today (Friday) about the package as the tracking number they gave me didn't show up in the FedEx system and the package never showed up. I gave the guy the invoice number and he told me it shipped and FedEx delivered it today.

I call FedEx and they tell me that no package destined for my address has been entered into their system in the last 90 days and that the tracking number is not valid.

So I call Gogamer back and tell them FedEx never picked up a package destined for my address and the tracking number is not valid. He asks me if this was for Peabody Massachusetts?(I think this the location he asked). I said no, I live in Minnesota. I get put on hold for a few minutes. He comes back and says that the order never shipped because one of the games was on backorder and it just came in stock today and will ship out immediately and I will get a new tracking number emailed to me.

So I think that they screwed up somehow and shipped it to some lucky SOB in Massachusetts and are just giving me some BS. What do you guys think I should do? I don't think any damaging information is on the invoice that went with the package besides my name. They only list the last 4 digits of your credit card number on the invoice don't they? Obviously they got the address wrong. Should I bitch and see if they will give me some compensation or cancel the order and go to a B&B and never shop at Gogamer again?
Faldarian

Post by Faldarian »

mori wrote: So I think that they screwed up somehow and shipped it to some lucky SOB in Massachusetts and are just giving me some BS. What do you guys think I should do? I don't think any damaging information is on the invoice that went with the package besides my name. They only list the last 4 digits of your credit card number on the invoice don't they? Obviously they got the address wrong. Should I bitch and see if they will give me some compensation or cancel the order and go to a B&B and never shop at Gogamer again?
Shouldn't be a problem. What he probably did was track that tracking # back again with a different system; since they get re-used every few months in a lot of cases, sometimes it'll show the last person who had that number when you go back and retrace the package.

Used to be a common occurrance when I had to go look for something a previous employer shipped and get back to a customer on it. I doubt they sent another package with your invoice on it to someone else.
mori

Post by mori »

Faldarian wrote:
mori wrote: So I think that they screwed up somehow and shipped it to some lucky SOB in Massachusetts and are just giving me some BS. What do you guys think I should do? I don't think any damaging information is on the invoice that went with the package besides my name. They only list the last 4 digits of your credit card number on the invoice don't they? Obviously they got the address wrong. Should I bitch and see if they will give me some compensation or cancel the order and go to a B&B and never shop at Gogamer again?
Shouldn't be a problem. What he probably did was track that tracking # back again with a different system; since they get re-used every few months in a lot of cases, sometimes it'll show the last person who had that number when you go back and retrace the package.

Used to be a common occurrance when I had to go look for something a previous employer shipped and get back to a customer on it. I doubt they sent another package with your invoice on it to someone else.
Are you talking about the invoice number of my order or the FedEx tracking number? In either case they are 12 digit sequences. How often could they be reused?
I have cancelled the order then received a shipping confirmation again but I am so looking forward to playing the game this weekend that I am going out now and buying the game. I'll probably end up with 2 at the end of all this.
mori

Post by mori »

A little update. The package arrived Monday so I now have an extra game. I got an email response Monday from Gogamer cust. rep. saying "the order shipped last week". LOL I know for a fact it didn't ship until after I sent the cancellation notice. I then sent a reply saying that I put in the cancellation before it shipped and that it didn't ship when they told me it had. They then sent a reply saying I told the rep. to send it and that the cancellation arrived "later in the day". I didn't tell the rep. to cancel so I failed there but it was 5 minutes after I got off the phone with him that I had a change of heart and didn't want them to ship my order and cancelled.

I don't feel like getting in a pissing contest over $20 but it will be awhile before I use Gogamer again.