November 23rd! Arrrgh!

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Tareeq

November 23rd! Arrrgh!

Post by Tareeq »

WoW vs. Pirates. The wife will be in Florida all week. Two days off work in addititon to a weekend. No kids, no distractions. But I need to buy a new car, so there's money in the budget for one game only.

Arrrgh!

Pirates: memories, the Sid factor (here's where I really test whether it was the Brian factor though I loved Microprose before Civ II), pirates, expected to be endlessly replayable.

But there haven't been many previews lately. Bad sign. Bad game? Or delayed? Or what?

WoW: I expect this to be digital heroin for the first month. After that, we shall see.

I feel like a computer in Star Trek, after being told by Kirk I exist to serve humanity, yet I do not!
Lee

Post by Lee »

That's easy for me. Pirates. After dedicating my life to EQ for 3 years I don't think I can ever touch another MMORPG. I just don't have time for them anymore. Well I have time, I just don't want to be that addicted to something where I would play even when it stopped being fun.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Mithridates

Post by Mithridates »

Tareeq, are you telling me you have no way to raise another $50 for a second game? E-bay some of your old ones or trade them for cash here!

For me, I must have both games. I haven't been this excited in quite some time about a gaming scenario- I get out of work on the 23rd and go pick up both games, then I enjoy the 5 day Thanksgiving vacation with tons of gaming. It's been a loooongggg while since I did a serious game binge and that looks to be just the long weekend for it. Can't wait!!! :)
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Just get the cheap floormats, then you can buy both games!
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
CSL

Post by CSL »

Yarr, Pirates AHOY!

Grievous Angel

Post by Grievous Angel »

Pirates is on the 23rd now?! Dammit all, I leave for a 5-day vacation on the 23rd. My pre-order will just be sitting there, unplayed, until I get back from Atlanta.
Ummagumma

Post by Ummagumma »

I have a sneaking suspicion that Pirates! will skulk into harbour early. Don't have any solid scuttlebutt on this one, just a sailor's premonition.
Austin

Re: November 23rd! Arrrgh!

Post by Austin »

Tareeq wrote:But I need to buy a new car, so there's money in the budget for one game only.
I've got one I can give you a sweet deal on! ;)
Tareeq

Re: November 23rd! Arrrgh!

Post by Tareeq »

Austin wrote:
Tareeq wrote:But I need to buy a new car, so there's money in the budget for one game only.
I've got one I can give you a sweet deal on! ;)
You can keep it, if it's that car. Too much is riding on my tires.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Lee wrote:That's easy for me. Pirates. After dedicating my life to EQ for 3 years I don't think I can ever touch another MMORPG. I just don't have time for them anymore. Well I have time, I just don't want to be that addicted to something where I would play even when it stopped being fun.
Sounds like an addiction.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

YAAAARGH! Pirates it is.

Especially because I don't have internet access. Yarr!
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

Eel Snave wrote: Especially because I don't have internet access.
:?:
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Eel Snave wrote:YAAAARGH! Pirates it is.

Especially because I don't have internet access. Yarr!
Aren't you supposed to be banned as well, Lee? They took away your internet access at the same time?

And Mithridates, taking the Kirk computer analogy further, I can see myself on November 24, wife gone for the week, in my office, cigar lit, glass of scotch in hand, dogs at my feet, staring at the two boxes until Sunday, wondering which to play first.

I can only do one game right at a time.

And yes, I will probably buy both.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I have the internet fused into my spine. My thoughts are directly transferred onto this message board.

Either that, or I'm posting at work. Yarr!
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

if you can't afford Pirates, can you afford the monthly fees in WoW? besides, Pirates has ballroom dancing!
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Meghan wrote:if you can't afford Pirates, can you afford the monthly fees in WoW? besides, Pirates has ballroom dancing!
You've got me Meghan, I can afford Pirates. The question is whether I can afford an Infiniti Q45.

I'll start a thread in EBG.