A Gamecube and Pikmin 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lynn

A Gamecube and Pikmin 2

Post by Lynn »

First, some background:
- I'm a 41 year old, female gamer.
- Have way too many PC games, a good number of XBox games and too many GBA games.
- I tend to play RPGs, RTSs, builders (Pharaoh et al), action, well, lets put it this way instead: I play all genres except sports and flying sims.

I'm wondering around Best Buy a week or so ago (was out with my brother who wanted the Web Cam they had on sale). What do I see? Bomberman for the Gamecube. Whoa! Now, this I gotta have. (No, I didn't actually buy it since I didn't yet own a Gamecube.

Long story shorter: on Sunday I bought myself, er, us, a Gamecube. Why? you ask. Bomberman of course. Hubby and I love this little gem. Not to mention the price has dropped considerably and with XBox games as a trade-in the thing was a steal. Only now I can't find Bomberman anywhere in this blasted city.

Well, I'm gonna need something, so I look around for a two-player game that isn't too demanding (learning curve, convoluted gamepad setup, easy to play, etc.) and wind up with Pikmin 2.

Get home, set up the cube and pop in Pikmin. Twenty minutes in I'm thinking: man, this is too hard, what a crappy game, stupid game play.

While on errands yesterday, I picked up the Strat Guide -- which I proceeded to read cover-to-cover. Wow! Way cool. Back home I go. Three hours later I'm still playing. Would have keep going if the dogs weren't sitting there with their legs crossed.

Today I can't stop thinking about this game and watching the clock crawl until I can get back home.

The point of my post? Don't have one. Just wanted to share. Its not often, anymore, that a game grabs me like this. Especially after not liking it the first time I played.

Any one else discover they like a game after the first time playing? What do you think of Pikmin? Should I pick up the first one?

TTFN
Lynn

Oh, I was MLAW on Gonegold.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Haven't played the second one but the first is a solid game.

Don't forget about Animal Crossing. Excellent GC exclusive game.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Hmm.

Didn't like the first one much. Almost finished it, but wasn't too enthralled by it.
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy
Mithridates

Post by Mithridates »

I enjoyed both Pikmin games. very cool, in my opinion. Lynn, you really should check out Animal Crossing(as mentioned above). It's cheap($19.99 or less) and a very unique experience. :)
Draco

Re: A Gamecube and Pikmin 2

Post by Draco »

Lynn wrote:Long story shorter: on Sunday I bought myself, er, us, a Gamecube. Why? you ask. Bomberman of course. Hubby and I love this little gem.
Hi Lynn. Are you looking for Bomberman Generation or Bomberman Jetters for the Gamecube?

Check out Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2; great stuff! My wife and I play it all the time. Great party game too. We also play Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance together.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

Howdy

Draco, I'm looking for Bomberman Generations. I'd heard it was the better of the two and more like the original than Jetters. Animal Crossings is on my list of must-haves.

I'll take a peek for Monkey Ball and see if it measures up (hubby can be quite fussy). Oh, we also like Tetris.

As for Baldurs Gate - I have both I and II for the XBox and finished them already. Hubby is not an RPG fan unfortunately, and does not play these with me. He hates the leveling up and purchasing aspects of these types of games.
Jow

Post by Jow »

Bomberman is awesome multiplayer. I remember some crazy sessions with friends with the old N64 version. Good stuff.