[TV] Apprentice 11-18-04 (Spoilers)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Odin

[TV] Apprentice 11-18-04 (Spoilers)

Post by Odin »

Lots of interesting stuff in this episode. Ivana finally shows she's useful for something, yet she gets pwned by the totally-useless Jennifer who somehow gets all the credit for Ivana's work.

Finally, Maria is gone! Huzzah! She totally deserved to be fired for that unprofessional and generally piss-poor performance. I can see why Kelly needed to go, too, but in a sense it's not his fault. I think Caroline made a great point that I wish Kelly had addressed. "If somebody talked back to me like that, they'd be fired on the spot" she said (to paraphrase). And she's right, Kelly should have bitch-slapped Maria until she agreed to toe the line. The problem I have is that the PMs have no real authority over their teams. If Maria wants to tell Kelly off, he's not really in a position to fire her. Only Trump can do that. I really really wanted Kelly to respond "Caroline, you're absolutely right - she needed to be fired. But since I didn't have the authority to do that on the spot, my only recourse was to try to make SOME use of her as a member of the team in the hopes of winning the competition. If we lost, which we did, then I come to the courtroom, report on her behavior, and let the one person who DOES have the authority to fire her do it." I'm not sure whether he could have saved himself by saying that (they may well have had some clever BS response to that), but it couldn't have been any worse.

And at least two lines made me laugh out loud. One was just Caroline saying something like "I completely agree" to Trump after the Boardroom was over. The funny part was that she said it in a way that implied there was some actual possibility that she might NOT agree with him about some topic in some way, which is obviously fallacious.

The other line was Kelly getting the last word as he and Maria are carted away. "I'd have at least liked my own cab, though." ROFL! Nice slap!

Overall it was a pretty good episode and Trump firing two people was something I've been expecting to see happen for a while.

Sith
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

I agree with you're assessment, but it was Wes not Kelly. ;)
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Odin

Post by Odin »

D'oh. I can't keep most of those people straight. It seems like this season there are so many with the same names and they're all freaking lawyers, I get all confused. Trump keeps mixing the teams up, too, which doesn't help. There were at least 2-3 times while watching this episode when I was like "ok, which team is this again?" Bah - can't tell the players without a scorecard.

Sith
Kael

Post by Kael »

The weird thing about Jen is that Trump seems to have a problem with her too. He made a couple digs at her in this episode, when the Levis exec praised her Trump said "Maybe that college degree is finally coming in useful". And last week he critized Chris for not bringing her into the boardroom.

So even though she seems to be skating by, Trump doesn't like her. In all honesty I like her a lot but I had my first real problem with her when I saw her not give the proper credit to her team. It's obvious though that Jen is just a better presenter than everyone else, and she got the exec praise because of it.