Your online name?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

DD

Your online name?

Post by DD »

Just curious, what do you use as your online handle? Do you change it or tend to keep it the same?

For years I've used "DangerDude" or some variation on the spelling, with an exception here and there. Currently I'm "15_Pcs_Of_Flair" on UT2K4....
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

98% of the time it's "SuperHiro", "Super.Hiro", "Super Hiro", or "Super_Hiro".

If it's not, I've used DavetheDove (De La Soul reference, only in America's Army), HiroItomo, SonWukong, Monkey, or MonkeyKing
RookieCAF

Post by RookieCAF »

RookieCAF or some variation thereof. I'm very proud of my Handle and Squad affiliation so its always the same, unless I'm playing Dark Glasses ;)

Sometimes I'll have a 1549 in there someplace, thats my Old Air Warrior Tail Number.
~Rookie
My BF2 Stats
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

Online FPS's I'm earbiter.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

I don't play online much anymore, but when I do it is still Freezer-TPF- from my TFC days. If I wanted to be incognito for some reason, I would usually use BattleChicken or WaveMotionMedic.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
docvego

Post by docvego »

I think I've been using 'DocVego' for over 8 years now... freaky...
disarm

Post by disarm »

mine has been "disarm" since the first day that i played Quake online...makes it about 7 years that i've had it as my online persona now 8)
jonsauce

Post by jonsauce »

I've been jonsauce since 1998.
Now Playing:

WoW (PC)
LotRO (PC)
GH2 (360)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LAW was mine back in the days of three letter name high score tables. It didn't translate well to online gaming so I went with Dave_Lister for a bit. But then everyone was using that. One I tried to create an account somewhere, can't remember, maybe slashdot or even before that. At least 5 years ago. Anyway, I tried LAW and it was taken. I was eating Beefaroni so I figured LawBeefaroni was probably not taken. Works well because it's usually available.

I use LawBeefaroni in every game I play, unless there is a character limit.

jonsauce, did you know your name is an anagram for Janus CEO?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Rabid moth

Post by Rabid moth »

I have been using Rabid Moth for awhile now, but I also use:

Phantasmal
Cheshire Rat
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

In my sig - kylhwch is my name at the Amazon Basin and in online games. Except in D2 bnet where I've stupidly misspelled it kyhlwch. I picked it because no one else ever uses it.

Kilhwch was Arthur's cousin. It's a variation of the Welsh name. (See here) It's also spelled Kilhwch or Culhwch. It's pronounced sort of like coolhwooch with a 'ch' like in 'loch'. If it sounds like you're spitting - you're doing it right.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

I've been using SirReal since... well, somewhere around '93. Before that, there was no online gaming to speak of, so I had no real need for a handle. Through the years of clan associations, I've been known as [112]SirReal, Vallasherra SirReal, [WOP] SirReal and [6Plut] SirReal, depending on game.
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

I've been using Veloxi for many years, as it's my favorite race from my favorite game, Starflight.
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

I frequently use El Suck. Becuase I usually am.
warning

Post by warning »

I've been warning since... well since I was born (it's my last name).

The only exception was when I played Team Fortress Classic furiously for 9 months. There I went by Dead_Teletubby.
AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

Ive been AttAdude since the days of the original TF for quake. The only time it changes is for female characters or games with a name filter who hates dude, and then its AttA. you know for RPGs and stuff.

Its strange, ive been using this name for so long in so many games that people often times recognize me. just the other day while playing EQ2 a guy recognized me from my soldier of fortune 2 days.
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.
Gwar21

Post by Gwar21 »

I started using "Crispus" in BF1942, and it's become my standard name in all online games other than City of Heroes. As often as I've been blown up, it seems to fit.
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

For almost 4 years now I've played under the name "Sponge." And no, it's not because I like the band.
Crux

Post by Crux »

I used 'Merlin' way back in my MW4 online clan days, then switched to Riven (not for the game). Haven't really played much online but in my recent Halo 2 binge at a friend's place I started using 'doop' because.. well I couldn't think of anything and I randomly selected some letters.
Jag

Post by Jag »

warning wrote:I've been warning since... well since I was born (it's my last name).
Cool last name. Sounds like an action hero. "Jack Warning!"

I've been JAG for my entire life too, its my initials.

When we were picking kids names, teh wife didn't know that my secret plan was to ensure that the boys initials where suitable for online gaming handles.

Unfortunately, my master plan went awry and so they'll have to come up with another way to pick online names. Hmm, maybe i should feed them some chefboyardee?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I used Sable for years. It was a nickname from highschool that I carried over to gaming. Unfortunately, some female wrestler came along and started using it, and people kept hitting on me, thinking me a woman.

When I registered for Gone Gold a few years back, I decided to get away from it, and chose Blackhawk. Sure enough, a short while later Black Hawk Down came out, and everyone assumed I was imitating the movie. (For the record, I got it from a brand of throwing axe - the Blackhawk tomahawk.) I still get that - people assuming I am aping the helicopter or movie. By then, though, the name was established enough that I kept it.

When it isn't available, I have generally used Darkbirdy, just a play on Blackhawk. Lately, for some reason, the way the movie made my handle mainstream has bugged me, and I have been using Greybird. It sounds less presumptuous, anyway.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

I've gone by CeeKay, Colonel Spank and Mister Who (no I didn't attend TimeLord U thank you very much!.)
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
CharlieDelta

Post by CharlieDelta »

Used to go by ProblemChild for many many years. A couple of reason for it, the main one is kinda complicated, but it's also conveniently the name of an old AC/DC song. :P

Being 30 and having "Child" in your name, well, I guess I just kinda outgrew it. No one ever used the full name anyways, and everyone always just called me "PC" so I figured if they're going to shorten my name down to initials, I might as well use my REAL initials 8) "CharlieDelta" is ICAO phoenetic alphabet for my real life initials, CD. I first started using it full-time in Planetside, where I created an alt and needed another name for him so no one would know who I was. I pinched the ICAO phoenetic alphabet idea off of a former Sons of Vanu outfit mate of mine, Tango Uniform.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

CharlieDelta wrote:Used to go by ProblemChild for many many years. A couple of reason for it, the main one is kinda complicated, but it's also conveniently the name of an old AC/DC song. :P

Being 30 and having "Child" in your name, well, I guess I just kinda outgrew it. No one ever used the full name anyways, and everyone always just called me "PC" so I figured if they're going to shorten my name down to initials, I might as well use my REAL initials 8) "CharlieDelta" is ICAO phoenetic alphabet for my real life initials, CD. I first started using it full-time in Planetside, where I created an alt and needed another name for him so no one would know who I was. I pinched the ICAO phoenetic alphabet idea off of a former Sons of Vanu outfit mate of mine, Tango Uniform.
OHMIGOD it's Charlie Daniels! :P
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Cam

Post by Cam »

I've been using two names is CS: Source for a while now. I'll have to think of something not so smarmy I guess for WoW (unless I actually can resist the urge to buy)

1. Tightywhiteys
2. Monkeyknifefight.

The first one I have no idea where that name came from, but the second one is inspired by the Simpsons episode when Homer gets Burns' yacht and throws the kegger. "That monkey ain't so pretty no more!"
"You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves."
-President Andrew Jackson