I like Vampire Bloodlines but . . .

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Head

Post by Head »

Would anyone be willing to give me a small hint on the Dragon, Snake, Crane and Cat puzzle -- if you've got that far? :roll:

~Head
Elaine: Oh, hey, listen, by the way, have you seen a tall... lanky...
doofus, with a, with a bird-face and hair like the Bride of
Frankenstein?
Usher: Haven't seen him.
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

Notice the pedestals.
Head

Post by Head »

Two Sheds wrote:Notice the pedestals.

I have and did the obvious -- and nothing happens. I do notice that each one has a different design. I'll look into that when I next launch Bloodlines.
Thanks.

~Head
Frankenstein?
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Not bad so far, but what's with the lack of video options? No AA or filter settings, just 2 or 3 for shadows and stuff.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
mathfed

Post by mathfed »

I just finished Bloodlines, and have very mixed feelings about it. The first 2/3 of the game is great. The last 1/3 left me very disappointed. Having the game turn into pure hack n slash (minus the experience for kills) was a big letdown. Couple all of that fighting with the awkward combat and weapon system, and I was yelling at my monitor often. Having to scroll through all of my weapons while some tentacle thing took swings at me from across the room got old fast. There were practically no interesting dialogue options in the last 1/3 of the game. I also didn't like the manuscripts you buy to increase specific stats having such high requirements to read them. Some of them required level 9 research to even be read. Then, after you've spent all of those experience points to get level 9 research, there was a requirement of level 2 dodge or some other requirement. Ridiculous. If you spent that many points upping skills that are practicaly useless for the last 1/3 of the game, your character would have serious issues with all of the combat that comes up later.

I doubt I'll be playing it again for a while, if ever. The last 1/3 of the game is such a pain in the ass that I was happy when the game ended. I almost didn't finish it because I was getting so tired of kiling the same baddies over and over ad nauseum with boss battles that were frustrating due to combat and weapon system mechanics. I uninstalled it within minutes of finishing it. I hear there are four different endings. I saw one of them. I don't care enough to go through all of that tedious combat (after the cab) to see the other three.

First 2/3 of game - 9/10.
Last 1/3 of game - 5/10.
Sonofa!
ioticus

Post by ioticus »

I agree with mathfed. By the way, anyone else think Gary is the one of the best characters in a CRPG ever?
moss_icon

Post by moss_icon »

mathfed wrote:I just finished Bloodlines, and have very mixed feelings about it. The first 2/3 of the game is great. The last 1/3 left me very disappointed.
me too. definitely seems like they ran out of design time.
Having to scroll through all of my weapons while some tentacle thing took swings at me from across the room got old fast.
did you know that you could press K to set up some hot keys for weapon access? this improved combat for me, but i found it out by pure luck quite late in the game.
moth moth moth brown moth
Jafisob

Post by Jafisob »

Faldarian wrote:I finally got pissed at the museum and made a point to bleed everyone in it dry :p

I'm hoping that doesn't come back to bite me in the buttocks later, but it was a great deal of fun and a nice bit of rebellion against the prince.
LOL. I did the same thing. I tried to be a good little vampire and sneak through but it got *very* annoying after awhile. I lost my cool and went beserk and killed everything in sight. I think you would need an extensive walk through and/or saving and reloading a 100 times to get through with stealth.

As a side note. Some the exhibits in the musuem were very well done. After I my rampage I paused to 'smell the roses' so to speak and was impressed.
Head

Post by Head »

Jafisob wrote:
Faldarian wrote:I finally got pissed at the museum and made a point to bleed everyone in it dry :p

I'm hoping that doesn't come back to bite me in the buttocks later, but it was a great deal of fun and a nice bit of rebellion against the prince.
LOL. I did the same thing. I tried to be a good little vampire and sneak through but it got *very* annoying after awhile. I lost my cool and went beserk and killed everything in sight. I think you would need an extensive walk through and/or saving and reloading a 100 times to get through with stealth.

As a side note. Some the exhibits in the musuem were very well done. After I my rampage I paused to 'smell the roses' so to speak and was impressed.
You do get extra exp points for doing it without any kills. But if you developed your Vampire for ass whoopin, then you'll just have to suck the place dry and take less exp points.
Frankenstein?