Old GG Threads: Are they stored somewhere?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Sniffdude

Old GG Threads: Are they stored somewhere?

Post by Sniffdude »

I was hoping to look over an old thread in EBG about the movie Lost In Translation for a friend of mine who's using the movie in one of his classes. With everything that's gone on here, I can't remember if any of the old GG threads were saved or are accessible online. I've taken a look through the Meta forum but I don't see any references to something like this; can anyone help?

Thanks folks!

christo
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Short answer: no.

Other than a few threads that were saved by various individuals for various reasons (RM9 had a bunch of more interesting R&P threads, as well as the "Is Smoove_B a Woman?" thread; Metalhed/Amish Warlord reposted his classic stories, etc.), all the GG was lost to us when GG died.

Or, at least, if anyone has the full archive, they haven't said anything.

- Ash
Padre

Post by Padre »

If you want a specific thread, one thing that has a small, remote chance of having it is Google's cache service. Just do a search for the thread then click the word "cached". If it's on there at all (no guarantees) it'll probably only be the first page at most, but you never know.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

"gonegold lost in translation" turns up two threads using Padre's method (which is the same method I've been using for various searches with pretty good success thusfar -- just be sure to use gonegold as one word).

~Neal
Sniffdude

Post by Sniffdude »

Thanks guys! Great info.
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Threads that ended before May 2004 are cached on google. I reposted 4 pages of the books read this year thread on consolegold through cache.

This means that almost everything I posted on GG is gone. Fine with me.