Never ever ever ship via DHL *Updated*

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Octavious

Never ever ever ship via DHL *Updated*

Post by Octavious »

****DHL just called me they found the friggen tv!! Their going to deliver it tonight. Now I just have to hope that it's the correct model and stuff... If it isn't I'm not taking the order that's for sure!!! Hmm maybe the black cloud over my head the last few weeks is finally blowing over some other poor sob... :twisted: *****

Ordered a HDTV through Etronics last week on Sunday night. They shipped it out via DHL frieght on Monday night. Pretty good I was getting excited should have the tv in a couple of days!! Roll foward to this week still no tv. Still no update on the DHL site saying that they did anything with it besides pick it up from the shipper.

After about 20 calls to DHL over 4 to 5 days and getting zero info from each rep we finally get hold of a supervisor. (they don't have managers or so they say) And they admit that they have no clue where the package is. They somehow managed to lose a 34 inch hdtv!!!

I swear I've never had any worse service from a company then from them. Each person would give you a diffrent answer and just blindly guess as to what's going on. They would say they would call back and no calls were ever recieved!!!

Now I have to file a claim with the company I bought it from and they said they can refund it in full but I have to wait up to 30 friggen days before I'll get my money back!!! So I have no TV and 1,200 dollars being held ransom for a month!!!

F YOU DHL F FRIGGEN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )H*#@T@#@#HGP$@#$%Y
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

DHL SUX. UPS FOREVAH!!!
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

That's the Nightstalker, yes?
Lee

Post by Lee »

They claim to be the new guys on the block, but haven't they been around for years?

I had one experience with them last week that was bad too. I ordered some frozen tamales from TX shipped next day air. DHL doesn't seem to have a branch in Cheyenne so it took them an extra day which was too long since the restaurant didn't use dry ice and did a lousy job of packing them. My question is why did they agree to ship something next day air when they knew they didn't have offices in Cheyenne?
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
shaggydoug

Post by shaggydoug »

That sucks Octavious.

To make you feel even worse, I ended up getting my DLP the day before Thanksgiving and not that Friday. Had to pick it up at the warehouse but it was worth not having to go to the store on Black Friday.

- shaggy
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

This is not the thread I needed to see today. Just this afternoon I mailed in a funding grant via DHL that, if accepted, could supply me with a nice amount of moolah for the next 2 years. Don't screw me over DHL!
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I never choose DHL but sometimes things ship from them anyway.So far I've had good service from them out of about 6 visits.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

My plasma was delivered by DHL, though it was about 18 months ago before they were THE DHL (to rhyme with FedEx and UPS). When they were just some adjunct of Airborne Express in the US. Or whatever.

Anyway, I was nervous obviously. They tried delivery to my home but no one was there. A woman from DHL called me at work (lovely English accent, btw) and apolgized that they couldn't deliver it with no one home. I told her I worked days and wouldn't be home and asked if they could deliver to my office. She got someone from VisualApex on the line and they got someone from my credit card company and they confirmed and I had it dropped off at work 3 hours later.

Personally, I think they did a great job. I think it was whatever the top DHL delivery is. Or was.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Ummagumma

Post by Ummagumma »

In our office, we used to ship everything UPS and never had a problem. Then our head office in Annapolis issued an edict that we'd have to switch to DHL because they are the customs broker for them for international shipments. Thier service was so bad our office administrator went all the way up the chain of command to the manager of our division.

We're back to UPS.
WAW

Post by WAW »

Isn't DHL owned by the Chinese government hence the red&yellow color scheme. :?
You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back!
WW
Coskesh

Post by Coskesh »

When I worked at EB, 4 out of 10 shipments with Airbourne were lost/stolen, or had pieces missing.

I never ever use them since then, including DHL. In all fairness, the original DHL was supposedly a great carrier if you needed to go overseas, but they teamed up/merged with Airbourne to handle the domestic side of things.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Dirt wrote:That's the Nightstalker, yes?
No, this is:

Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

[quote]sThat's the Nightstalker, yes?[/quotes]

It's the Unabomber.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Rip

Post by Rip »

Seems like this is not so uncommon. I had a server shipped to me on ebay that never made it. That was 3-4 months ago and it never came, the guy is still fighting them trying to collect on the insurance. They claim they never got it, yet have no good answer as to why they billed his credit card for the shipping and ins.

Fedex, UPS, or Mail. The only shippers I use!
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The sad thing is that I called they told me it was lost. They asked for the model number and stuff which I had to repeat 10 times!!! I called back 20 minutes later to doublecheck that they got it right and the rep had no clue what I was talking about. She said she doesn't need the model number just the friggen addresses!!! ARRRR That's when we got a supervisor to actually admit they had no clue where the friggen package is.

Retards I swear the company I work for uses fedex and I can't recall once where a package was actually lost. Shipped to a old address and stolen sure... Shipped to the wrong addy yup. But they knew where the hell it was and how to get it back arrrr. :evil:

Now I'm not going to have a new tv till after xmas sigh.... Good thing I'm in Florida for two weeks this month or I think I would of gone on a rampage. :twisted:
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

The only DHL truck I've seen on the road so far was involved in an accident at the time I saw it. I'm just saying...
She's the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

DHL was in a bit of growing pains the past 5 years. Originally they had a bad rep in SF as they use contractors who get pain by the number of packages delivered (not contacted), so they're known for dropping things off without signature (or faked signature).

Later they got rid of the contractors and hired employees for deliveries, then last year (or was it this year?) they merged with Airborne Express (or more like they took over Airborne) to create a company that rivals UPS in size. Heck, USPS uses DHL for international express services...
knob

Post by knob »

Are USPS and FedEx the same thing?

Never used DHL, only saw advertisements for them (And I've seen a grand total of one DHL truck in my life).

I've learned so far that UPS and FedEx are the only reliable services for my area (Atleast in terms of getting it here on time and not 2 or 3 days late).

USPS, on the other hand, sucks bad. They're always late.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Our company used Airborne Express for nearly a decade with nary a hitch. No problems whatsoever.

Earlier this year, Airborne was bought out by DHL. In July, DHL lost 6 packages containing the entire payroll checks for 6 of our restaurants in New Jersey. Cost our company close to $5,000 to reconcile the mess.

We now use FedEx.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

I've had two experiences with DHL, one when it was still Airborne Express in my area. Shipped at 9 pm arrived 3 states away at my door at 10:30 am.

The other was just last October. Shipped from London England and arrived in Kansas at my door 36 hours later.

They are alright in my book.

Fedex on the other hand can kiss off.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Leaving early to sign for this badboy.... Here's hoping I don't hit massive traffic tonight!!! :roll:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Welp guy showed up at 7 on the dot. Didn't have a friggen handtruck to carry it up to the house though!!! We sat there thinking what the hell to do, he wanted to leave it in the driveway in the rain... Somehow I wasn't going to agree to that one! So then he offered to help carry it up the steps by hand.

God that was fun I weigh a buck forty on a good day and he coudn't of been much bigger. The tv wieghs in at about 160 pounds. Add that to walking up a hill with wet leaves and fun for all ensues!!! He fell once I fell once but we got the tv into the house no worse for the wear...

I gave him a 20 dollar tip for going out of his way to help me carry that big arse thing into the house. God knows if I was in his position I would of said screw it and brought it back to the depot. Of course I opened the box before signing and everything was peachy!!!

So I'm 2 for 2 today got my weddings rings in the nick of time and also got my tv. Oh and the driver said the package was never lost it was in Parsippany the whole time they just never scanned it!!! Geez I wonder if someone might want to know where there 1,200 dollar tv might be...

Luck today +2 hopefully this will carry through till Sat. my wedding day. :D
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

When you did your original post I had a feeling that your TV would be located/found and delivered to you but I didn't want to get your hopes up, so I decided to say nothing on it.

If companies were to allow the DHL's of the world to take possession of their goods and "lose" them everyone of their employees would have big screen tv's and all types of pilfered goods in their homes. Sure there's going to be people within companies that steal things that do not belong to them, but in your case it wasn't so. I'm glad you got what you paid for. Isn't that what matters in the end?

I think in your case it was the human factor that was involved. The box got misplaced, and then found.

When I worked for IBM I was a dock worker in a microelectronics distribution warehouse. I worked with a guy who was all the time signing for boxes and when they were critical parts that had to be received into the warehouse immediately he wouldn't be able to find them, even after he'd signed for them less than a couple of hours prior. We would be looking through multiple pallets for specific UPS tracking numbers until we'd located the components, usually by the specific company logo-types on them plus the tracking number.

Never forget the human factor. People makes mistakes, some are better at realizing and correcting those mistakes.

Enjoy the new TV, happy holidays!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I honestly thought they had mailed the wrong tv which is why they couldn't find it. For some reason wherever I look the tv is listed at a diffrent weight it's freaky. The shipping label said 110 pounds, the manual says 157 pounds, the facts sheet on toshiba's site says 119 pounds! WTF make up your minds!!! :x

You know at this point I was hoping it wouldn't show up. I was at the store the other day with my gf and she said the 34 wasn't that big and maybe we should get a bigger tv when we get our money back!! Damn the man damn them!!! ;)

Now if I could just get some mofo to come over and help me move the damn thing into the entertainment center I would be able to use the darn thing!! Oh the torture!!
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

One thing you definitely want to be sure of is that the weight of the TV isn't going to put too much burden on your entertainment center.

I've read horror stories of people who had top heavy TV's that were put into shelving units that were toppled over and fell ontop of a child and caused the death of the kid.

Make sure your entertainment center is capable of handling the weight of the tv. :!: I don't want to read about any tragic mishaps on your part.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Nope not a issue I have a nice hardwood entertainment center that I bought just for this tv! If this thing can't handle the tv then nothing can it was a biatch to bring in took 3 of us to drag the friggen thing in!!! So no stories of me killing\maiming children with falling tv's will be coming from me. :D
knob

Post by knob »

So when are you throwing the party to test it out?
If I had a sig, would you read it?
dedewhale

Post by dedewhale »

I just had a package delivered by dhl marked fragile. It was delivered all banged up. It was clay poker chips in a metal case but my metal case is all dented and scratched...kinda funny!
Austin

Post by Austin »

dedewhale wrote:I just had a package delivered by dhl marked fragile. It was delivered all banged up. It was clay poker chips in a metal case but my metal case is all dented and scratched...kinda funny!
I don't think that word (funny) means what you think it means.
gorham09

Post by gorham09 »

I've had bad expereinces with UPS, FedEX and of course the USPS, so it's YMMV with any carrier. Personally, I don't prefer one over another, I would simply go with the best rate and delivery time. On topic, I have never chosen DHL but have had a number of things (5-6) shipped through them without problem so far. In fact, I just got somehting this week through them and it arrived a day early. So, no complaints so far.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well as it turns out the only thing they really did wrong was not friggen scan the package so that I would know where it is. Also the people on the phone had no clue where it was because of this as well. If somebody had actually called Parsipanny like they said they were going to I would of known where it was and wouldn't of freaked out. Hell I probably would of just driven over there and picked it up myself.

And who the hell delivers a tv without a friggen handtruck! I mean seriously that's just plain silly! My back is feeling that today ugh. :shock:
shaggydoug

Post by shaggydoug »

My 46" DLP only ways 70 lbs.

Octavious....glad you finally got it. HD is great when you can actually look at an HD signal (or even an upconverted DVD signal) My current dilemna is figuring out how to get an HD signal cheaply.

My other dilemna is convincing the wife we need the surround sound speakers before Christmas.

- shaggy
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Octavious230 wrote:Well as it turns out the only thing they really did wrong was not friggen scan the package so that I would know where it is. Also the people on the phone had no clue where it was because of this as well. If somebody had actually called Parsipanny like they said they were going to I would of known where it was and wouldn't of freaked out. Hell I probably would of just driven over there and picked it up myself.

And who the hell delivers a tv without a friggen handtruck! I mean seriously that's just plain silly! My back is feeling that today ugh. :shock:
Hell, if I knew it was in Parsippany, I would have gone to pick it up.

I might even have told you about it later. :twisted:

Enjoy! Sounds like you need a day off tomorrow to rest your back.
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

I just don't like FedEx because they are so inconsistant in their delivery practices. I've had several items not left even after I've filled out the door tag twice saying where to leave packages if no one is home. The fact that they come to my area so late in the day, last week they didn't show until after 5:30 pm, ok so that isn't really a good reason. One time they left a package at the wrong neighbor from where I told them to and then didn't leave a note telling me where it was or that it had even been delivered, I had to go door to door to find it after seeing it labled as delivered online. Just last week when they didn't leave the package at 5:30 the one day the very next day they delivered it around noon when I was home only to have a second package in a different truck show up around 2:30, no problem except this guy didn't even bother ringing the doorbell he just left it laying on the porch and took off. I'm ok with their policy of not leaving things on doorsteps unless told to but they seem to follow it on a whim, like they are in the truck flipping a coin to see what to do.
Ranulf

Post by Ranulf »

Heh, in my area UPS shows up anywhere from 2pm to 7pm. FedEx depending on the shipping method is usually right around noon. Thankfully they'll just drop it off at the apartment complex office if I'm not home.