2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Gothic 1 being re-released?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

CeeKay

Gothic 1 being re-released?

Post by CeeKay »

From World of Gothic
While answering fan questions for the much anticipated Gothic 3, Michael Rüve, CEO of Piranha Bytes, recently revealed plans for a new edition of the still very popular Gothic 1 classic. This multilingual international edition (English/German) is already in the making and due for publication later this month. Stay tuned and check their webshop for new entries.
I hope this is true. I really want to play this series, but I am a completist when it comes to RPG's and usually don't pick up the sequels if I haven't played the original.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Dhruin

Post by Dhruin »

It's actually already available online from the shop linked on DVD.
KDH

Post by KDH »

While Gothic 2 did have a larger world and was quite enjoyable .. I liked Gothic 1 better. I felt it had much more attitude and atmosphere with the "Old Camp" keeping you 'in your place'

I felt part of something

As for the controls .. I guess I made up my mind in advance not to let them bother me .. so I never had to fight them or allow them to distract me from the immersion .. similar to playing Quake 1 with the arrow keys

I picked gothic 1 up just before it became scarce and was always glad I had .. I was all hot and bothered to get 'NotR' .. but the delay has soured me .. I'll find it someday
Ain't nobody got time for that