2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

(360) Good news about GR Advanced Warfighter's co-op play.

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Turtle

(360) Good news about GR Advanced Warfighter's co-op play.

Post by Turtle »

I just read a recent interview with some very good news. We know that co-op is in GRAW, but 16 player online co-op is also confirmed, and you can play with 4 player split screen as part of that larger 16 player co-op game. This is great I'm the only one with a 360, yet my friends and I are all serious co-op buffs. I'll be buying more wirelss controllers in preparation for the game's release.

You can you play co-op modes on all the multiplayer maps, complete with in depth options to make even more interesting situations than the standard kill all enemies on map. One example from the interview:
if you want a big challenge in Co-Op, set up a five-zone Co-Op Territory mode, with around 10 players. This means you have to split up into teams to each defend the five different zones, as the AI enemies storm and try to capture them. There are a lot more options; you could basically play a different combination every day for the next couple of years.
Unfortunately, you cannot play through the single player campaign in co-op, the scripting just couldn't support it. However, there is also a second campaign just for co-op play set in Nicaragua.

So unless they really bork the basic gameplay, the feature set of GRAW is looking great. Ghost Recon 2 for the xbox was fun to play, if a bit clunky in framerate, but the vidoes I've seen of the GRAW gameplay look smooth. So this'll be a day 1 purchase for me. The co-op alone sold this game for me and playing 4 players on a widescreen HDTV is going to be very fun.
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

I am so stoked for this game, I can barely contain myself. I have fond memories of playing Rainbow 6 via multiplayer and I never really got around to playing any of the Ghost Recons. However, I have seen the videos of this game in action and with my shiny new 360 and the mic, I think multiplayer is just going to rock. Can't wait to team up with some of you guys on Live.
Hetz

Post by Hetz »

This game is going to be amazing. I preordered it yesterday at Gamestop. Can't wait!
My Gamertag: Hetz OO
PSN ID: Hetz76
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HetzOO
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

:D Can't wait!
Ya srsly!
disarm

Post by disarm »

i wasn't overly excited about this one initially, but the latest videos are making it look awesome. everything new i see brings me a little bit close to picking it up immediately on release.