What's going on with Mexico?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

dbt1949

What's going on with Mexico?

Post by dbt1949 »

Nasty things going on there .
I remember seeing the lynchings on TV awhile back.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Nasty things are going on on this board. First, this thread existed. Then it didn't. And now it does again. I thought Halloween was over.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm learning how to do the URL thing and it's a little tricky for an Olde Farte like me to learn by myself. :oops:
I think I have it now tho.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

4% of crimes result in conviction in Mexico, according to that article.
As much as I think the war on crime in the US is total bullshit, I bet it could do some good in Mexico, though I'm sure it would result in the same thing as it does in all of America: it puts poor people in jail.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Add that article to the movie "Man on Fire" I saw awhile back and I get the impression an honest cop down there is a rare find.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
malchior

Post by malchior »

dbt1949 wrote:Add that article to the movie "Man on Fire" I saw awhile back and I get the impression an honest cop down there is a rare find.
Why bother being honest? Everyone up through the President of the country is corrupt.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Why bother being honest? Everyone up through the President of the country is corrupt.
That's not true. You just have to use street smarts and know when to watch your ass and not to fuck around where you shouldn't be fucking around. Also remember that the loyalty of friendship is stronger down there than anything else, no matter the consequences. Don't ever think a friend will turn on another no matter the circumstance, no matter what one may have done wrong.

I've always been on the up and up for my trips down there, business first and heavy (usually for 14 hours a day worth of meetings), so there has never been any time for me to look for trouble. However, some of coworkers have serious stories to tell... that always begin with "we have no idea where the hell we were, and my go were we wasted at 03:00."
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I have a friend who lived in Monterey. Her next door neighbor was a cop, and whenever he was hungry, he would pull over a bread truck, or the equivalent of a Hostess truck. :)

The further south and the bigger the city, the more corrupt the police. The corruption in Mexico is more in the lower government, the mayors, the police, that sort of thing.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!