I love Fox News

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Lee

I love Fox News

Post by Lee »

CNN is running a headline Report: CIA paints bleak Iraq picture.
NEW YORK (Reuters) -- The situation in Iraq is unlikely to improve anytime soon, according to a classified cable and briefings from the Central Intelligence Agency, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
I like to see how Fox News reports the same headlines sometimes. There was no mention of this CIA report though. It reminded me of my very right wing, liberal hating co-workers. They keep telling me how the media is blowing everything out of proportion and that Iraq is in good shape. I should stop reading the liberal news sites I am told.

Anyway I did find this on Fox News. Iraq: The Media vs. the Truth
If you trust most media accounts fed to American viewers and readers, Iraq is an unmitigated disaster.

There is no security throughout the country, and armed insurgents (search) are springing up, sown like dragon's teeth by the offensive of the U.S. military forces. The scheduled elections are highly uncertain. Indeed, U.S. forces have killed 100,000 Iraqis. Iraqis have never had it so bad. It’s a drumbeat with echoes of the way the American media reported the Vietnam War (search).

Those who have the opportunity to hear the accounts of Americans serving in Iraq often come away with a completely different impression. Many people who have sons and daughters, grandchildren, relatives and friends serving in Iraq know that they hear differently from them.
Hmm, I have heard people over there talk about how shitty is. They are going to do their best to maintain a positive image to the rest of the world, of course they aren't going to come out and say it sucks. They would get themselves in a world of trouble if they did. Being in the military, I have always been told, if the press ever asks you a question, just refer them to Public Relations.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Damn liberals at the CIA! :roll:
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Padre

Post by Padre »

They get everywhere, like cancer...
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

Actually from what I understand, the CIA isn't very happy with Porter Goss's changes. Charges that it's basically a loyalty purge and stuff. I've read of quite a few high ranking agents retiring, many of them in the mysterious covert op division.

So the CIA has a real bone to pick with this administration (I think the lower ranks resent the high level people or something).
Poleaxe

Post by Poleaxe »

SuperHiro wrote:Actually from what I understand, the CIA isn't very happy with Porter Goss's changes. Charges that it's basically a loyalty purge and stuff. I've read of quite a few high ranking agents retiring, many of them in the mysterious covert op division.

So the CIA has a real bone to pick with this administration (I think the lower ranks resent the high level people or something).
Few people dispute that the CIA needs some change. If you were getting pushed out of your comfy govt. job (or simply you're comfy civil service routine), what would you say?

I'm not dismissing the charges, but let's put them in the proper context.