One reason why there are fewer deaths in Iraq

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Dirt

One reason why there are fewer deaths in Iraq

Post by Dirt »

Better body armour

Which kind of refutes the soldier's questions and implications to Rumsfeld that there isn't enough body armour for the troops.

I don't know whether to be happy or not.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

The soldier's question referred to vehicle armor.

And given the numerous reports I've seen locally about families buying body armor and sending it to national guard units, I still think there may be a problem with adequate supply.
Grifman

Re: One reason why there are fewer deaths in Iraq

Post by Grifman »

Dirt wrote:Better body armour

Which kind of refutes the soldier's questions and implications to Rumsfeld that there isn't enough body armour for the troops.

I don't know whether to be happy or not.
No, they are not the same. Has armor brought down casualties - yes. But that doesn't mean there is enough armor - that's a separate issue.

Grifman
DD

Post by DD »

Exodor wrote:The soldier's question referred to vehicle armor.

And given the numerous reports I've seen locally about families buying body armor and sending it to national guard units, I still think there may be a problem with adequate supply.
Which have been repeatedly exposed as hoaxes, at length and to great detail. Perhaps it was your shift at the "Bake Sale for Bombers"?
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

DD wrote: Which have been repeatedly exposed as hoaxes, at length and to great detail.
Care to provide a link?

Perhaps it was your shift at the "Bake Sale for Bombers"?

:roll:
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

DD wrote:
Exodor wrote:The soldier's question referred to vehicle armor.

Which have been repeatedly exposed as hoaxes, at length and to great detail. Perhaps it was your shift at the "Bake Sale for Bombers"?
This absolutely deserves that puking rolley eyes pic.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Sorry, EdX, the troll was the best I could do.

Searching the web, I found:

Despite U.S. promise, soldiers in Iraq still buying their own body armor

Soldiers in Iraq still buying their own body armor

Military Misses Armor Deadline for Troops in Iraq

Now, I grant that none of these are newer than April, 2004 - but I found absolutely ZERO references debunking any of these stories.

DD...?

WAIT! New stuff!

Soldier gets prison time for selling body armor
Since the first days of the Iraq invasion, body armor shortages have been a major issue among soldiers and their families and even became a subject in the presidential campaigns.

Relatives and friends of deployed soldiers have sometimes purchased Kevlar vests and armor plates to send to their loved ones in Iraq.

Mass. may help outfit its troops (Entire article is archived and requires a fee to view)
BOSTON -- Kelsey Swanson, an Army Reservist from Framingham, spent four months in Iraq before he was able to trade in his old flak vest for a safer set of body armor. "The Army was running short (on body armor). It took awhile for them to catch up," recalls Swanson, a mi...
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Merrill admitted to stealing and selling more than 130 items of military equipment, the military said. He was sentenced at Fort Carson Oct. 27 to 42 months in prison and given a bad-conduct discharge.
They should send him to Iraq without body armor and make him take piont!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Here's another newer article: Raising funds for body armor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Here's another newer article: Raising funds for body armor.
It's a HOAX! The left-wing media conspiracy is in full swing. No one should question why we are throwing $370B at the military and can't adequately outfit our soldiers....