Guild Wars - pushed back to 4/18/05!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Sponge

Guild Wars - pushed back to 4/18/05!

Post by Sponge »

According to ebgames.com.

I thought I'd read a week ago or so that GW went gold....?

Edit: Title edited to show the year of delay for "Heart Healthy" approval stamp.
docvego

Post by docvego »

Someone must have h4x0r3d teh s0urc3!!!!!11!!
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Aw, that's too bad.
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

I think it's strategic. No one wants to tangle with WoW at this point. Esspecially since I think GW is also going for the MMORPG-lite angle. Better to let WoW mellow, and the newbies leave only to be caught up in the "MMORPG WITH NO MONTHLY FEE" hype.
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

Geezus, put the year in there, bitch. I thought you meant April, 2018, and nearly had a heart attack! ;)
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

Veloxi wrote:Geezus, put the year in there, bitch. I thought you meant April, 2018, and nearly had a heart attack! ;)
Lol! That would be bad.
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

Sponge wrote:
Veloxi wrote:Geezus, put the year in there, bitch. I thought you meant April, 2018, and nearly had a heart attack! ;)
Lol! That would be bad.
Damned right. Guild Wars would become the next Duke Nukem Forever...
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

I really am looking forward to Guild Wars, and to tell you the truth the big reason is the lack of monthly fee. While I realize that may equate to less new content, it still might be a great way to ease me into MMORPGs...
tiny ogre

Post by tiny ogre »

Veloxi wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Lol! That would be bad.
Damned right. Guild Wars would become the next Duke Nukem Forever...
It can't be the next Duke Nuken until Duke Nukem ships, and you and I both know that is not going to happen by 2018. Get real.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Rhett wrote:I really am looking forward to Guild Wars, and to tell you the truth the big reason is the lack of monthly fee. While I realize that may equate to less new content, it still might be a great way to ease me into MMORPGs...
Well, from what I've read there's no monthly fee, but there will be frequent "updates" that can only be had for a fee.

I fail to see the difference.
yossar

Post by yossar »

Exodor wrote:
Rhett wrote:I really am looking forward to Guild Wars, and to tell you the truth the big reason is the lack of monthly fee. While I realize that may equate to less new content, it still might be a great way to ease me into MMORPGs...
Well, from what I've read there's no monthly fee, but there will be frequent "updates" that can only be had for a fee.

I fail to see the difference.
All MMORPGs have "frequent "updates" that can only be had for a fee" - expansion packs. There may or may not be a difference in Guild Wars depending on price, frequency, and necessity of the updates. We'll see I guess.
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Guild Wars plans to release an expansion pack about every six months. Each pack will have new missions, as well as new items, monsters, etc. However, if you don't have an expansion pack, you can still go on the new missions, as long as your party leader has it.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I love the model. I think they can pull it off, which will probably create a lot cloned failures, even though this should be one of the best futures of Internet gaming.
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

I'm still looking forward to it, although I'm annoyed right now that I preordered it and they moved the ship date. grrrrrrr.
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

I'm very much looking forward to Guild Wars.. and I'm kinda glad they pushed it back. There's just way too much good stuff to play right now: WoW, Half Life 2, Halo 2, GTA San Andreas. If Guild Wars were to be released now, it would be get lost in the shuffle.

I've played the Guild War weekend beta events and the game is gorgeous, accessible, and fun. I'll definetely pick it up upon release in April. :)
tals

Post by tals »

For those who fancy more GW action on the weekend of the 7th Jan.

Keys can be had from

http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/guildwars

Works for non-subs and subs, you just have to be a user :)

Tals
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I could have sworn I saw this in stores yesterday, but I suppose it could have been pre-orders. Didn't notice any "pre-order" stickers on it though, and it didn't have any separate display or anything.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
yossar

Post by yossar »

I've seen the empty boxes in stores for a while.