The Amazing Race (12/14) - Spoilers inside

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Aliasbuck

The Amazing Race (12/14) - Spoilers inside

Post by Aliasbuck »

Holy cow, what an episode!

The beginning was quite a surprise with Phil taking all the money that the old couple had saved and left them with nothing to travel with. After begging the other teams, it was shocking that the most money was given by the jerk, Jonathan, with the encouraging words "I know you're going to make it, so just pay us back next time."

Gus and the beer was great - "hey this is good beer" and he wanted to stay there a little longer and drink more beer. Every college guy on the planet was cheering him, I'll bet.

However, at the end of the race as the teams were checking in, I thought for a moment that Phil was going to haul off and slug someone. You could see him biting his tongue and thinking hard about what to say after Jonathan SHOVED his wife for trying to keep HIS stuff from being stolen after he dumped it to make the run for the carpet. I was ready to climb into the tv and hit Jonathan myself. What a capital slug! This guy is the worst kind of human being there is - a wife abuser.

(edit to change HIT to SHOVED, he clearly didn't care what he connected with - the backpack or her) - double edit - I can't spell :P
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Technically, he just hit her backpack, but there's no arguing against your comment. He's scum, and I hope he gets kicked off the show for breaking the rules. If his pack had been stolen, he would have lost all his hats, and he would have blamed her. Why be such an ass about coming in second? Dude needs a reality check.

But how about that slingshot ride next week...looks like being launched into space.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

I can't stand that prick. He is the worst person I've seen on any reality show ever. I mean if I met the guy I would likely break his nose. I hope they are eliminated soon as it's honestly hard to watch him and his poor wife.

Hated to see the Old couple go.

Good episode, minus the scum.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Did no one notice Kendra unbelievably racist/ignorant statements?

What did she call it while being driven around by a local taxi driver? Wretched place? Was that it? And her inquiry as to why they keep 'breeding'... And saying thank god we are out of that ghetto... Anyone recall exactly what it was? That cunt needs to have something bad happen to her.

As for Jonathan... kinda make syou think wife beater from last year is a good stand up kinda guy don't it. His ass needs to get thrown the fuck out!

I am actually getting a bit too pissed off at the morons on this show.

And hellboy, what the fuck, have his balls dropped yet? Fucking mama's boy.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Shadowcaster57

Post by Shadowcaster57 »

Excellent episode. Made for a great hour of TV.

The solemn start at the Maison des Esclaves was touching. Watching Gus with the beer was absolutely hilarious. And watching Jonathan at the end was absolutely appalling -- him and Victoria are the epitome of dysfunction.
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

tjg_marantz wrote:What did she call it while being driven around by a local taxi driver? Wretched place? Was that it? And her inquiry as to why they keep 'breeding'... And saying thank god we are out of that ghetto... Anyone recall exactly what it was? That cunt needs to have something bad happen to her.
I don't remember what she said exactly, but I caught that too and thought she needs to be attacked, RM9 style, in a Quinn thread regarding population and the percentage of people living on less than $2 a day. 8)
18-1™ & 2-0
Aliasbuck

Post by Aliasbuck »

Ugh - I did notice the comments that Kendra made - it was revolting - and seeing the cabbie's reaction just made me think about the classic "ugly american". She may look good, but boy did those comments really make americans look bad in general.

Gus' comments at the beginning brought a smile to my face - he hoped that everyone else realized the human experience they were getting in this race (paraphrased heavily, but that was the gist of it). That's part of the reason why I watch this one and no other reality shows. The history and seeing another side of other countries and how the rest of the world lives.

Did I see it right and Phil didn't even shake Jonathan's hand when he told him to go talk to his wife? Go Phil!

Sad to see the grandparents go. Their relationship is what I still hope to have when my wife and I grow old. And here I thought we were unique in being sappy :lol:
Eco-Logic

Post by Eco-Logic »

I also noticed Kendra's awful comments. She needed to be smacked too.

I think Phil should have the liberty of smacking the shit out of the morons on the show.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I was already convinced that Jonathan was a wife-beating abusive psycho, but I think my jaw literally dropped when he started berating his wife. It was downright scary. The look on Phil's face as he struggled to keep from jumping Jon's ass was priceless. I would not be at all surprised to see him kicked off for his behavior. Abusive contestants being yanked off reality shows is certainly not without precedent.

I agree, great episode, and I must say I've started warming up to Gus after the beer incident. That was awesome (and that beer DID look mighty good!)

I think the biggest shame of The Amazing Race is that the contestants get to visit places they'll probably never visit again, yet have extremely little time to appreciate them. I love the contestants that take a little time to reflect on where they are and what they're experiencing.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Phil shook his hand...Jonathan took his hand when he said they were second.

Kendra's comments were not racists. She didn't like being in a poor country, and she was ignorant to what the rest of the world was like, but she didn't make any racial comments.

And I would say there are large portions of Americans like that. My time in the military has proved that. Kendra's comments were pretty pale in comparison to how I have seen Americans act in foreign countries. We are a county of spoiled pigs.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Lee

Post by Lee »

Guys he didn't hit her! He pushed her or maybe slapped her back pack. It was wrong, and I was surprised by it, but if he would have actually hit her do you think he would still be on the show? The guy is a jerk no doubt, but we have no idea if he is a wife beater.
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Byrns

Post by Byrns »

Who said "no wonder so many escaped" at the doorway of no return? That was pretty boneheaded too.

I'd love to have Bolo "I'm not on steroids" or his she-man to go WWE on Jon's ass.
Aliasbuck

Post by Aliasbuck »

Lee wrote:Guys he didn't hit her! He pushed her or maybe slapped her back pack. It was wrong, and I was surprised by it, but if he would have actually hit her do you think he would still be on the show? The guy is a jerk no doubt, but we have no idea if he is a wife beater.
I suspect it's not the first time he's physically done something to her, given his demeanor so far - although that is speculation and thus my choice of wife abuser, not beater. There's no question what he's doing is abuse.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

I disagree Lee. When she said breeding, she was talking as if refering to dirty disgusting animals. I do believe it was racist.

The slavery Kendra moment: no wonder so many them want to escape to America.

Clueless cunt. :evil:
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksf ... 3977.topic

abusive? hmmm, tough call :roll: first post
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Jon: If another team beats us, i'm gonna lose it.
Vic: Then lose it!
Jon: I'm gonna lose it on you!

You want more?
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Lee

Post by Lee »

Interesting link I found within TJG's link: Jonathan and Victoria's website
November 20, 2004

We want all of you to know that yes we are human and yes we fight but in the end we do love each other. The stress from the Race brought out the unknown and this is what you are seeing. We are true fans of The Amazing Race and loved every second of running it. Jonathan was colorful and crazy on the show because he could be and just wanted to have fun with the experience.
We hope you can have fun with us as we laugh at ourselves on The Amazing Race 6.

Jonathan and Victoria

Lee

Post by Lee »

I can't argue about whether he is a wife beater or not, he is obviously an abuser, but she clearly loves him/his money.

I still don't think Kendra was being racist, she was referring to the poor people in the country who are poor and keep having kids. She made no comment about them being black. After visiting the South, I made the same kind of comment, and I don't care what color their skin is. All to often you can't refer to a non-white race without anything being accused of racism. It goes to far.

Her comments were ignorant, but as someone who has been all over the world, when are in a place that is so different than what you are used to, it's easy to make ignorant comments like she did.
AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

If they would let Bolo and his wife have 1:30 seconds in a brick room with Jonathan, I would pay to watch it. As for weather or not Jonathan hit his wife or shoved her really hard, i dont think it even matters. Where i come from men dont hit women except in the most dire of circumstances (ie if she was going bobbit on me). That was clearly abusive, and should not be tollerated at all. To be honest im more than a little pissed that the amazing race did not kick him off the show as soon as he did it. I can tell you this, im 100% convinced had i been phill at that exact moment, id be looking for a new job right now because i would have jumped that guy. Im really not sure how much longer i can watch this show with him on it, im seriously considering taking a pass on this season. It irks me even more that they are in the race and that wonderful couple lost. Other than Mr abuse it was a great Ep, and man do i like Guss he is a cool cat.
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.
Rich in KCK

Post by Rich in KCK »

Aliasbuck - They started the taking of the money last season on non-elimination rounds as a penalty for being last.

Kendra's comments throughout the show added her team to the I hope they get eliminated list, it was a good thing that the geography major girl wasn't around as she said she would go off on anyone she thought was being an ugly American.

I fast forwarded the minute I saw Jonathan shove his wife and her crying because of all the bad treatment. I just can't believe she has that little belief in herself that she has stayed with that guy. I really hope some of the other teams can get a chance to talk to her at some point or that she realizes that the others don't treat each other that way including the ex-dating couple.

It was funny watching all the guys taking sips from the beer but Gus took it to another level and had me laughing my ass off. Their team is moving up my list of the teams that I hope make it through each week.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Jonathan was colorful and crazy on the show because he could be and just wanted to have fun with the experience.
We hope you can have fun with us as we laugh at ourselves on The Amazing Race 6.
Whoever wrote that needs to get a job in politics.

So now being mentally and physically abusive to your wife is "colorful" and "crazy." A grown man treating a woman like she's shit is something we can all "laugh at."

That's what I love about my wife. I've got a bad temper, and sometimes I can get really angry at situations. But the second I turn even the slightest bit of that anger towards her she will let me have it. I learned REAL quick that she won't tolerate that kind of behavior. We still argue from time to time like all married couples do, but I keep my tongue in check and my temper to a minimum, or my butt will be sleeping on the couch and eating peanut butter & jelly for a week.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Is the couch comfy at least?
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Aliasbuck

Post by Aliasbuck »

Rich in KCK wrote:Aliasbuck - They started the taking of the money last season on non-elimination rounds as a penalty for being last.
Ahh - naturally those are the ones I missed last season - thanks :)
tgb

Post by tgb »

Rats, I missed it this week. Though Jonathan's still an ass.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Byrns

Post by Byrns »

Jonathan and Victoria's personal website is something else... :roll:
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Technically, he just hit her backpack
Which was attached to her at the time. Unless you think he was just expressing his anger at the backpack, he was definitely being abusive towards her. Perhaps it wasn't the stereotypical backhanded slap to the mouth but that doesn't make the agression that he has repeatedly demonstrated toward his wife any less abhorrent. For those of you with a sister, ask yourself what you would do if you saw a guy do that exact same thing to her.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

tgb wrote:Rats, I missed it this week. Though Jonathan's still an ass.
Missed it too - but I think it'll be on Saturday night as a repeat
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hodge313

Post by hodge313 »

Did anyone notice that Hellboy's girlfriend or whatever was wearing a Suicide Girls tanktop for the last part of the race? Not that I was staring at her chest or anything. :wink:
And that Jonathan dude has serious anger-management issues. If he's barely able to maintain control when he has a camera crew filming him, I wonder what he's like in everday life.
AttAdude

Post by AttAdude »

Byrns wrote:Jonathan and Victoria's personal website is something else... :roll:
Link pls!
AttAdude
When confronted with offensive TV, the fundamental differences between the Conservative and liberal factions becomes blatantly obvious. Conservatives will piss and moan, then file a complaint with the FCC in an attempt to make sure the offending show is never seen by anyone. Liberals... well we just change the damn channel.
Aliasbuck

Post by Aliasbuck »

Link is above in Lee's third post. Turns out Victoria is a Bunny!