I am a Shield addict.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

I am a Shield addict.

Post by Zaxxon »

Recently I began watching The Shield via Netflix.

It rocks.

Vic Mackey is like Jack Bauer, only with more attitude and less seething.

I'm halfway through season two, and Netflix can't get me discs quickly enough.

That is all.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

well mackey would be the Bauer without super powers, yes
PeteRock

Post by PeteRock »

The Shield has been my favorite show on television. I own all of the DVDs and have watched each season more than once, and I wish more television programs pushed the envelope as The Shield has. This is the only show I've ever made sure to be home to watch when it airs.
Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.

E-A-G-L-E-S...........EAGLES!
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

I'm in the Season with Monica Rawlings. I'm getting a bit tired of all the political stabbings and back-stabbings. I want to see Vic back on the street and smashing thug faces.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Incidentally, Vic Mackey (the actor, anyways) is an alum of my alma mater, Boston University. So you can see what huge bad-asses B.U. grads are.

But back on point, the Shield indeed rocks.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

El Guapo wrote:Incidentally, Vic Mackey (the actor, anyways) is an alum of my alma mater, Boston University. So you can see what huge bad-asses B.U. grads are.

Yep, total badass. :)
Pharaoh

Post by Pharaoh »

Shane needs to die!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Pharaoh wrote:Shane needs to die!
But he's so lovable!
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Welcome to the darkside Zaxxon :twisted:
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Odin

Post by Odin »

I enjoy the Shield a LOT, but in some ways it's like a drug addiction. I keep hoping for that first-season high, but it's never been quite as good since, in my opinion.

Sith
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

Sith Lord wrote:I enjoy the Shield a LOT, but in some ways it's like a drug addiction. I keep hoping for that first-season high, but it's never been quite as good since, in my opinion.

Sith
Hmm. I thought season 3 and 4 were very strong, just as good if not better then season 1. Season 2 imho was the weakest. I'm looking forward to season 5 hitting DVD.
Two Sheds

Post by Two Sheds »

I love The Shield. I really need to buy the DVDs so my girlfriend can watch them and share the fun.
Famine and death and pestilence and war-
I'm pretty sure I heard this one before
Odin

Post by Odin »

Windows95 wrote:
Sith Lord wrote:I enjoy the Shield a LOT, but in some ways it's like a drug addiction. I keep hoping for that first-season high, but it's never been quite as good since, in my opinion.

Sith
Hmm. I thought season 3 and 4 were very strong, just as good if not better then season 1. Season 2 imho was the weakest. I'm looking forward to season 5 hitting DVD.
The difference in Season 1 was the way Vic kicked all sort of ass and was generally in control to at least some degree. Every season since has been about how out of control and fucked up his life has become. I enjoyed season 1 because I enjoyed Vic the power player more than I enjoy Vic getting screwed left and right, thus I've never enjoyed any season as much as the first.

Sith
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Sith Lord wrote:
Windows95 wrote:

Sith
The difference in Season 1 was the way Vic kicked all sort of ass and was generally in control to at least some degree. Every season since has been about how out of control and fucked up his life has become. I enjoyed season 1 because I enjoyed Vic the power player more than I enjoy Vic getting screwed left and right, thus I've never enjoyed any season as much as the first.

Sith
Amen.
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

ARISE from your GRAVE, O Thread!

I just finished watching Season 5 on DVD, and Oh.My.God am I loving it.

I don't share the feelings you guys have about the seasons after Season 1. I mean, I view it as a situation where Vic and the Strike Team are reaping what they've sown. Things are spinning out of control for that reason. If they'd been by-the-book cops they'd never have ended up in the situations they're in now (of course as a viewer I'm glad they weren't, because there would be no drama of the quality this show has delivered).
nasai

Post by nasai »

Just wait until you catch up to this season. It's back at the high mark so many have said was Season 1. Personally, I agree that the show dropped back a little, but I've always felt it was the best thing on TV.

This season has taken some very dark turns, and it's been an absolute pleasure! :twisted:
Odin

Post by Odin »

nasai wrote:Just wait until you catch up to this season. It's back at the high mark so many have said was Season 1. Personally, I agree that the show dropped back a little, but I've always felt it was the best thing on TV.

This season has taken some very dark turns, and it's been an absolute pleasure! :twisted:
The biggest difference this season - and I agree that it's pretty good - is that Vic is so totally and completely fucked at this point that he no longer cares. As a result, he's back to being the relatively carefree badass he was in Season 1, without every episode throwing some new sucker-punch at him. I like seeing Vic in control much more than I enjoy seeing him getting screwed from every angle.

Sith
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Thanks for the resurrection. I need to start Netflix back up and pump through season 5...
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

Do it now before the retards who don't know how to handle DVDs get their mitts all over them. I swear, that's one thing that drove me crazy trying to catch up through the first three seasons. Happened with Alias too. INEVITABLY, you'd get to about minute 38 of an "hour" long episode and the disc would start stuttering or crap out entirely. Most of the time it wasn't simply a matter of washing/cleaning the disc, either.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Whew. Those 11 season 5 episodes flew by in about 3 days. Good stuff, even if the end was blatantly obvious from about episode 7.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: I am a Shield addict.

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:34 pm I'm halfway through season two, and Netflix can't get me discs quickly enough.

That is all.
This amuses me. We are old.

That is all.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:03 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:34 pm I'm halfway through season two, and Netflix can't get me discs quickly enough.

That is all.
This amuses me. We are old.

That is all.
Indeed, we are.
Holman

Post by Holman »

[2047]
Remember when you had to sit and stare at a flat plane in order to experience a story in language or sight??
[/2047]
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.