[Werewolf] Koz's Snakes on a Plane - Snake Chow!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Koz

[Werewolf] Koz's Snakes on a Plane - Snake Chow!

Post by Koz »

In honor of this Friday's release of SNAKES ON A PLANE, I've decided we should do a themed version of the suddenly popular Werewolf game. It will be played similarly to the others, but with a few twists:

The Setting

Eleven passengers are traveling on a plane over the middle of some ocean. Unfortunately, among the seemingly innocent passangers are two terrorists, bent on releasing their cadre of pet snakes on the unsuspecting plane. The passengers must decide whom amongst them are the terrorists before they all become snake chow.

The Rules

Rules are similar to Werewolf.

Two of you will be terrorists, bent on releasing snakes to kill people, since apparently you forgot your guns at home. Every hour (game time, not real time), you gain the ability to kill one passenger on the plane without risking your identities. Dead players are out of the game and can't talk anymore.

Eight of you will be passengers, minding your own business on your trip to Tahiti, until the snakes attack. Every hour, after the terrorists strike, the remaining passengers will vote to restrain one person on the plane tying him or her to the flight attendant's chair with dental floss. Once restrained, that player may not participate in killing if he's a terrorist, or voting if he's a passenger. However, he MAY still participate in the dialogue, since technically he's not dead.

One of you will be motherfucking Samuel L. Jackson, FBI agent and curse-slinger extraordinaire. SLJ gets a few unique powers. One, his identity is known right from the beginning, to terrorists and passengers alike. Two, because he is so fucking badass, the terrorists may NOT elect to kill him while other innocent passengers remain onboard. Three, SLJ has the power to save one member of the plane's occupants from death by snake. He must be preemptive and can only choose to protect one member prior to the terrorists' release of snake-i-tude. This ability comes with a consequence, however: if SLJ chooses to protect a terrorist, then the terrorists take advantage of SLJ's weakness for saving human life and kill him. SLJ may choose to not save anybody in a particular hour if he wishes.

Additionally, SLJ is not a savage, and may not participate in the mob's decision to restrain a passenger. He may also not save a passenger from the mob. And he may be restrained by the mob, although there wouldn't be much point to that.

Moderator Rules

As the moderator I'm going to stay out of the game entirely except when declaring events. I will announce the following things:

When a player has been killed by the terrorists, I will announce who it was that was killed.

When a player has been saved by SLJ, I will announce who it was that was saved.

When a player is restrained by the passengers, I will announce who it was that was restrained, but NOT if he was a passenger or a terrorist. This keeps the suspense up.

Winning

The passengers and SLJ win if both terrorists are restrained.

The terrorists win if all passengers and SLJ are killed or restrained. Note: I changed this rule so killing SLJ doesn't mean you immediately lose, since it kind of makes his already guessing power that much less useful.

Because the role of SLJ is known at the beginning, I'll take volunteers for the position, first come first served. The two terrorists will be determined randomly.

Also, because I just pulled these custom rules out of nowhere, feel free to suggest additions or changes, or any questions you might have.

The Victims

Mr. Fed
Padre
Crux
Orinoco
Leigh
CSL
Lassr
YellowKing
Hamsterball_Z
pr0ner
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

In.
Popehat, a blog.
Padre

Post by Padre »

In.

Question - does SLJ get to protect one person every hour, or just one person ever in the whole game?

EDIT: Oh, and you should maybe consult my metathread for a list of players waiting for a game. If necessary I'll give up my place if one of them wants it.
Crux

Post by Crux »

In. Motherfuckers!
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

In!
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

In.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. "
Mae West
Koz

Post by Koz »

Padre wrote:In.

Question - does SLJ get to protect one person every hour, or just one person ever in the whole game?

EDIT: Oh, and you should maybe consult my metathread for a list of players waiting for a game. If necessary I'll give up my place if one of them wants it.
He gets to save one prior to each terrorist killing. Of course if the terrorists don't choose to kill the one he saves, then the effect is wasted.

edit: And also a bit further clarification. He chooses a person to save and the terrorists choose a person to kill. If these two are the same, the person is saved, otherwise the person dies. Additionally, if SLJ chooses a terrorist, he's toast, so he should be pretty sure.
CSL

Post by CSL »

Motherfucking IN.
Koz

Post by Koz »

I'm also going to save a few spots for people that haven't played before, but only if they pipe up in the next few hours. Everyone that's posted prior to this is in.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'll give it a try.
Although I'll be away from the computer for the next 6 hours (until about 10 p.m. Eastern)
Koz

Post by Koz »

Lassr wrote:I'll give it a try.
Although I'll be away from the computer for the next 5 hours (until about 10 p.m. Eastern)
No problem... I don't expect this game to rush by.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Oh man. Awesome idea, Koz. I think I'll stick to one game at a time, though (just reading the threads of the others at the same time, which I'm doing, is confusing enough). But awesome idea nonetheless.

- Ash
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm in!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm in!

Edit - Sorry for the double post. I'm just really, really excited.
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

In if YK didn't take the last two spots. :lol:
(HBZ)
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I might suck at this, since I've never played before, but in.
Hodor.
Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

In.

edit: If I'm understanding the rules correctly, for all intents and purposes a restrained player is basically the same as a dead player, except that he can keep shouting 'It's Fed, you fools!' Terrorists don't kill restrained players, etc, correct?
Koz

Post by Koz »

OK, that's eleven. We got a few new guys in too, so I don't feel bad shutting off the registration.

However, we still have no volunteers to be Samuel L. Anyone wanna try?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Koz wrote:OK, that's eleven. We got a few new guys in too, so I don't feel bad shutting off the registration.

However, we still have no volunteers to be Samuel L. Anyone wanna try?
CSL sure looks like he volunteered :-)
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Hey! I dropped the motherfucker bomb first, fool.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
CSL

Post by CSL »

Crux wrote:Hey! I dropped the motherfucker bomb first, fool.
Have you changed your motherfucking avatar. HAVE YOU MOTHERFUCKER! HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DEAL WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES IF YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR MOTHERFUCKING AVATAR!
Crux

Post by Crux »

CSL wrote:
Have you changed your motherfucking avatar. HAVE YOU MOTHERFUCKER! HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DEAL WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES IF YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR MOTHERFUCKING AVATAR!
Jesus. If you want it that badly man, go for it. That just means we're all doomed. Motherfuckers.
Koz

Post by Koz »

Well pr0ner specifically enquired about it, so I need to hear back from him first. If not him, then CSL gets it.
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Crux wrote:
CSL wrote:
Jesus. If you want it that badly man, go for it. That just means we're all doomed. Motherfuckers.
Exactly. The wallet is supposed to say "BAD MOTHERFUCKER", not "mincing Canuck."
Popehat, a blog.
Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

I have a very bad feeling about this flight, Master Yoda.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I just PMed Koz that I'll do Samuel L.

Awaiting official confirmation.

Sorry, work took me away from the computer for a bit.
Hodor.
Padre

Post by Padre »

Gotta go to sleep now, so sorry if I miss stuff. Be back about eight hours or so from now.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Sorry for slowing this down. Work can really suck sometimes.

Hopefully Koz gets back soon so we can get this mother fucker started!
Hodor.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Lest I die before I wake.
I'm taking the kids to the movies, so I'll be afk for a while tonight.
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. "
Mae West
Koz

Post by Koz »

The Scene

It's early in the morning, around 3 a.m. local time. The foot traffic has been light, but the tension still hangs thick in the air. Outside a large passenger plane sits, relaxed on the tarmac. She's bound for Tahiti, or so says the board with the flashing letters. But that board hides something else... something sinister.

It was just a week ago that the call came in. Five hundred snakes suddenly missing from Sal's Deadly, Passenger-Eating Snake Emporium. So far the clues were far and few between, but two things were certain. One, there had been two thieves. Two, there were five hundred motherfucking snakes on the loose, most likely in convenient pressure-sealed crates ready to be opened by a bribed airport official. Motherfucker.

pr0ner lit his cigarrette with the final match in the book. The book was labeled "Last Stop Hotel". That's fucking right. Last stop for those motherfucking snakes.

The passengers had walked quietly and calmly onboard. In total, there were only ten others. pr0ner looked around. He had tracked those two bad guys using his patented FBI Tracking Skills (tm) right to this plane. They all looked so innocent. So conveniently innocent. But two of them had the power to release those snakes and cause chaos and mayhem all over the (sparsely populated) plane.

The airlock snapped shut with a sucking sound sealing the air in the cabin, and sealing their fates as well. pr0ner reached down and fiddled in his pocket. He reached for his nail clippers, and that little pointy nail file on the end of it. He looked up and down the rows, glaring at each passenger as they looked up.

It was time.

It was time to get these motherfucking snakes off this motherfucking plane.

...after a slight delay.

Since Padre has gone to bed, we can't really start the game, since if the first person is killed right off it would be pretty obvious he wasn't one of them.

But the deadly snake dealers have been notified and should begin preperations now. When you're ready, PM me your victim, and pr0ner PM your save target if you wish to use it. Remember, if you choose a terrorist, you're snake bait.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

It's my job to handle life and death situations on a daily basis. It's what I do, and I'm very good at it. Now you can stand there and be the paniced, angry mob and blame him, me and the government for getting you into this, but if you want to survive tonight, you need to save your energy and start working together.
Hodor.
CSL

Post by CSL »

This to that man people, he's gonna get us out of harms way!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

CSL wrote:This to that man people, he's gonna get us out of harms way!
It's good that you want to be saved. But are you truly worthy?
Hodor.
CSL

Post by CSL »

pr0ner wrote:
Look at my avatar MOTHERFUCKER! I don't wish to be saved, I save!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

CSL wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Look at my avatar MOTHERFUCKER! I don't wish to be saved, I save!
Yeah. Right.
Hodor.
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

Hey, when is the stewardess coming around with drinks? Is there food service on this flight? I haven't eaten in a while and these peanuts aren't going to cut it.
(HBZ)
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

So, what's the movie on this flight? I hear that Anaconda is good...
CSL

Post by CSL »

Orinoco wrote:So, what's the movie on this flight? I hear that Anaconda is good...
Perhaps Goats on a Boat?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Or Pulp Fiction?
Hodor.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I must have overdosed on dramamine, I just woke up. I see we are in the air. Did I miss the movie?