1 of the villagers is a Priest
1 of the villagers is a Medium
1 of the villagers has a secret cache of Wolfsbane
1 of the villagers can be elected Mayor
5-8 of the remaining villagers will be Innocents

Roles will be assigned at random.

EXPLANATION OF ROLES

Werewolves
During the night cycle, the 4 werewolves will conspire to kill a villager. They cannot kill one of their own, it must be someone who is not a werewolf.

Sorcerer
The Sorcerer is on the werewolf team (wins if the werewolf team wins but is not a werewolf). During the night, the sorcerer can ask about one player. The moderator will tell him whether that player is the Seer or not. The sorcerer doesn’t know the identity of the werewolves nor do the Werewolves know his identity. The Sorcerer does not count as a werewolf for determining the endgame, meaning that the Sorcerer counts as a villager when determining if the werewolves can take over the town.

Seer
Each night the Seer can ask about a player, and is told if that player is a Villager or a Werewolf. No other roles will be disclosed to the Seer about that person.

Werewolf Hunter
Another powerful ally for the village. At night, the Werewolf Hunter can secretly protect one other player, who is safe if chosen by the Werewolves, meaning if the Werewolves come for the person that was protected, no one dies during that night. However, the Werewolf Hunter cannot choose himself to protect, or the previously protected player from the previous night. In addition, if the Werewolves come for the Hunter during the night, the Werewolf Hunter will take 1 Werewolf down with him when he dies. If the Werewolf Hunter kills the last werewolf and there are any villagers left (including the Sorcerer), the villagers win.

notes: The Werewolf Hunter will be the only role known by all when he dies, as he obviously will be taking a Werewolf with him when he goes. Unless, of course, the village decides to lynch him. :lol: Anyhow, the Werewolf that dies with him will be randomly determined by me, so the Werewolf Hunter will NOT know the identities of the other Werewolves, if any are left. Thus, holding a séance in order to speak with the Werewolf Hunter to find out the identities of the other Werewolves will not work.

Masons
Three of the Villagers are Masons (members of the secret society). Since they are together at night, they know each other are not werewolves.

Priest
The Priest can, during the night cycle, discover the true role of one player who was previously killed. That includes giving the Priest the truth if the player was a Werewolf, the Seer, the Sorcerer, etc. This ability can only be used once in the game.

Medium
The Medium can, once a game, hold a séance. In order for a séance to occur, a majority of the village has to vote for it for a particular player, and the player being voted on has to be dead, obviously. It is up to the Medium when or if they expose themselves, but in order to actually have a séance, the medium would be required to expose themselves, and participate. If the Medium does not give his/her approval and participate, the séance will not happen. When holding a séance, the dead player can make one post in the thread, revealing what he knew up to the point in time of his death. The player is not forced to tell the truth, they can say whatever they wish, but the information has to be presented in the actual thread only, no PMs are allowed. Thus, it is very important for any dead person from this game to not look at any spoilers or get any other information about the game until the game ends.

Wolfsbane
This player has a secret cache of Wolfsbane. During the night cycle after a lynching, this player can use his wolfsbane to determine if the player that was just lynched was a werewolf or not. This can be done every night, unless the player is killed that particular night. He cannot determine what role, if any, that the lynched player possessed, but can determine if he was a Werewolf or not.

Mayor
The Villagers can elect a Mayor. Obviously it can be any player, even a Werewolf. The Mayor needs a majority vote to take office. If no majority vote can be reached, then no one will be elected Mayor. The Mayor only has one responsibilty: If a tie vote occurs for a lynching (on the chance that there are an even number of people voting), and everyone has voted, the Mayor will determine which of the 2 people being voted on will by lynched. Otherwise, the Mayor's vote counts the same as everyone else's vote. If the Mayor dies for any reason, then the remaining Villagers can vote for a new Mayor, or not. A Mayor is not required to be elected in a game.

CYCLE

The game begins at night, while the village sleeps. Each night, the 4 Werewolves conspire to murder an Innocent. Each night, the Seer, if still alive, receives a vision (by asking me "Is X a Werewolf?"). The Sorcerer will receive a vision (by asking me "Is X the Seer?") The Werewolf Hunter will tell me who he wishes to protect (by telling me "I will protect X". The Priest will tell me if he wishes for me to revel to him the role of an already deceased Villager (by telling me "I wish to know the true identity of X"). If someone was lynched the day before, I will inform the possessor of the Wolfsbane if that person was a werewolf or not. I will have to hear back from each of these people before I can advance the game cycle, and that includes the Priest, if only to tell me that he doesn't wish to use his power that night.

Each dawn, the village will awaken to discover the mauled corpse of the prior night's victim. All living villagers will then have a chance to select one of their number to lynch. They will also have the opportunity to elect a Mayor, if they wish. They can also call for a séance, if they wish.

To vote for a lynching, place the name of the accused in boldface. Nothing else is a vote.

Lynching goes by majority rule. Changing votes is possible only until a majority is reached. (If you're in the plurality and you want to change your vote, change it before that decisive vote is cast!) Once a majority is reached, the accused will be hanged by the neck until dead! Voting is not required, but night will not fall until the village hangs someone high. The same rules apply for a Mayorial vote or a séance vote. When the villager is hanged, I will NOT reveal his true nature.

I will announce the latest news at dawn and dusk (gametime) to mark the cycle.

CLUES and RULES

I will provide no clues in the thread, and none outside the thread other than the questions I'm asked by the people with the appropriate roles.

Anyone alive may say anything to anyone else at any time during the day.

Nobody dead may say anything to anyone at any time, unless you are "resurrected" in a séance. I will tell you personally if that happens to you. (See rules about the Medium for clarification)

Anyone may PM me for clarification of the rules.

VICTORY

The Villagers win if they kill all the Werewolves, and there is at least one non-Werewolf left alive. The Sorcerer is counted as a non-Werewolf, even though he is on the "winning" side if the Werewolves win.

The Werewolf team wins if the number of non-Werewolves equals the number of Werewolves.

The game will be considered a draw if, on the last night , only a Werewolf and the Werewolf Hunter are left alive, as they will both kill each other in the fight.

PLAYERS

1. setaside
2. msteelers
3. Ralph-Wiggum
4. Remus West
5. Gryndyl
6. Chaosraven
7. LordMortis
8. Sparhawk
9. Leigh
10. Harkonis
11. Silky
12. UsulofDoom
13. pr0ner
14. tru1cy
15. Spiff
16. triggercut
17. storz
18. Mr Bubbles
19. yossar
20. Rowdy
21. Arnir
22. Chris Grenard

This game will not start until the current game I'm running ends, so it will be a few days, but with these many spots, I figured now would be a good time to start the recruiting. If you are interested in joining, please post below. If you have any critiques about the rules, please speak up as well. Thanks!
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

I'd like in
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Silky

Post by Silky »

Sure why not. Seems like a fun twist
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

in!
setaside

Post by setaside »

I am so looking forward to this one.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Count me in.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In!
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I was planning on just continuing to watch but sure, I'm in.

Edit:

Oh and looking through the rules this looks like it is going to be hugely weighed on the Wolves side.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Spiff

Post by Spiff »

I'd like in on this one.

It's got to end better than the last one I was in. :roll:

Hell, we didn't even get 1 werewolf. That's embarrassing.
"Some people never find it, some only pretend; but me, I just want to live happily ever after every now and then."
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Curious:

If the werewolf hunter protects a werewolf, is there any consequence to his actions?

Also, in the other games, if someone was lynched and was a werewolf, he would turn as such in the night. Is that not the case in this game?
Hodor.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Oh, cool!

I was intrigued by the multiple roles when I read about this on the metawolf thread, but I had thought I'd be in too many games to keep straight. Since then...

1. I'm dead in the Lars Lynching game...
2. I'm imminently dead in a game that seems to be on the verge of ending soon anyway,
3. And probably a soon-to-be dead man in the other,

I'm in!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
storz

Post by storz »

IN.

Cool, another game!!! Hopefully I won't die in the first round :( The mob are crazy to think that I'm a vampire for I'm perfect innocent.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Im so in for this one.
yossar

Post by yossar »

How much of a time commitment is this? I'm interested but on some days I might only be able to play on off-peak hours (really late at night) and might miss out on all the fun.
Dreamcast Krew 4 Life
storz

Post by storz »

yossar wrote:How much of a time commitment is this? I'm interested but on some days I might only be able to play on off-peak hours (really late at night) and might miss out on all the fun.
Not much if you get lynched or die in the first round :oops: :P The mob seems like to lynch the quiet one. :wink: But since this game is more complex, I would think it may require some time commitment due to all the PMs and postings on the board.
Rowdy

Post by Rowdy »

Oh, why not. Sounds interesting, if a little complex. Betting it's going to be a long, long game though.

IN.
Arnir
Location: Right here. No, a bit left. A bit up. Okay, close enough. Texas.

Post by Arnir »

I'll give it a shot.
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Chaosraven's D&D Party 2: Arthur Leadwyrm (now game 1) For your GPS PoI needs
"She needed a green card; I wanted a man card."
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I am in, but I don't have access at work so would have to be online between 5pm and 6am EST, unless the game runs soon as I don't have to be back to work until next monday.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

securing spot, now reading rules...

If there is space, that is.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

It's more balanced than you might think due to both the wolf hunter and more importantly the 3 person voting block of the masons. The key will be for the masons to be as secretive as the wolves on not giving away who they are.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

oh, and pr0ner, you don't know if the person who died is good or bad unless someone uses their powers to reveal it. Part of the fun will be not knowing how many are left at any given time.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Harkonis wrote:oh, and pr0ner, you don't know if the person who died is good or bad unless someone uses their powers to reveal it. Part of the fun will be not knowing how many are left at any given time.
Gotcha. The rules were silent on this, so I felt like I should ask.
Hodor.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

I'll play.
Lars

Post by Lars »

LordMortis wrote:I was planning on just continuing to watch but sure, I'm in.

Edit:

Oh and looking through the rules this looks like it is going to be hugely weighed on the Wolves side.
Sorry, LordMortis, in the Meta-Werewolf thread, when you said "That's very similar to what I was looking at running. So I'm in", I assumed that meant you wanted to play. If you'd rather not, just let me know. It appears that I'd have no problems filling the slot. :lol:

This game varient I constructed does seem to really weigh in the wolves favor, but the villagers will have some advantages as well. The Werewolf Hunter, assuming he doesn't get lynched by the villagers, is guaranteed of taking 1 of the wolves with him.

Not knowing the true nature of the person that is hung helps the wolves as well, but there is one villager out there that will know that information (Wolfsbane), assuming they don't get eaten or lynched themselves. The Masons can really be a huge help if they get lucky and sync up with the Seer, as that will help eliminate some targets that the Seer would need to look at. In fact, I'm really considering perhaps having 4 Masons in this game.

The real wildcards will be how useful the Priest and the Medium can be, if they are still alive later in the game. Used effectively, they can out some shenanigans that the wolves may have been up to, or help to substantiate someone's story.

The Sorcerer is really going to be in a unique position. Trying to help the werewolves without knowing who the real werewolves are is going to be very tricky, and the Seer will have to be careful who he trusts. Just because he knows someone isn't a Werewolf doesn't mean they are 100% trustworthy.

pr0ner wrote:If the werewolf hunter protects a werewolf, is there any consequence to his actions?

Also, in the other games, if someone was lynched and was a werewolf, he would turn as such in the night. Is that not the case in this game?
No consequences for the Werewolf Hunter protecting a Werewolf. The Werewolf Hunter does not have to tell the person he's protecting that he is, in fact, protecting him. The Werewolf would be none the wiser, and I'll be the only person that knows who was protected unless the Werewolf Hunter chooses to announce it.

I reread my rules, and I realized that I didn't make it as clear as I could about revealing the nature of the lynched person. I edited it above to make it read clearer.
pr0ner wrote:How much of a time commitment is this? I'm interested but on some days I might only be able to play on off-peak hours (really late at night) and might miss out on all the fun.
I don't know how quickly this game is going to go, I do forsee it moving along slower than any other game to date, because there is going to be a lot more information in different people's hands then the other games. Plus, when I go back to work, starting tomorrow, I'll only be able to moderate and move things along when I'm not working or sleeping. I get home about midnight EST, and I'm up until usually about 5AM EST. I get up around 1145AM, and I'm off the computer from about 1PM until midnight again. So, that gives everyone plenty of time to discuss their next move.

As for the rest of you that are interested but didn't make the cut, I apologize. I'll put you at the top of the list for my next game, if there is still interest in it by the time this collossus gets done.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Lars wrote:Sorry, LordMortis, in the Meta-Werewolf thread, when you said "That's very similar to what I was looking at running. So I'm in", I assumed that meant you wanted to play. If you'd rather not, just let me know.
Yeah, LordMortis, let the man know.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm still in, though if you have a waiting list, I'll go ahead and be bumped. It's not going to kill me.
hog

Post by hog »

Interesting - I'll enjoy lurking in on this.

You have Choasraven listed twice in the player list - should be room for one more.
Lars

Post by Lars »

The Hogenator wrote:Interesting - I'll enjoy lurking in on this.

You have Choasraven listed twice in the player list - should be room for one more.
Nice catch, can't believe I didn't see that one. I added Chris Grenard onto the list, since he was next in line.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lars wrote:
The Hogenator wrote:Interesting - I'll enjoy lurking in on this.

Nice catch, can't believe I didn't see that one. I added Chris Grenard onto the list, since he was next in line.
Damn! I was going to be 2 of the masons, too.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Maybe he figured as I missed the start of padre2 that at least one of me would show up on time and might even let the other know we were playing.

:twisted:
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:Maybe he figured as I missed the start of padre2 that at least one of me would show up on time and might even let the other know we were playing.

:twisted:
Thats alright, I figure if you aren't some position I know about and want to do well right away I'm gonna organize a lynch mob on you for revenge. :evil: :wink:

Figured I'd better add the winky you sensitive bastage.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Screwyou!!! That winky is a sly insincere wry smile!!!

I know all about your petty plans!!

(smiley omitted)
"Where are you off to?"

Lars

Post by Lars »

Ok, since I'm waffling on it so much in my head, I'll ask you, the participants: Would you rather have 3 Masons or 4 Masons?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Yes, definately 3 or 4 masons.

please don't kill me for not being helpful. I just don't have an opinion on it.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Dude, I'm already unsure as to just how this is all going to work ... and you want me to tell you whether or not to add another layer of complexity.

No way. That's on you. :wink:
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I vote for 10 masons. Can we do that?
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

let's ALL be Masons!
Except the wolves.

Actually, I think 4 masons, might make more innocents last longer, then we can actually get to use the priest and the medium!
On the other hand, 4 masons a lynch mob does make...
yossar

Post by yossar »

3 masons.
Dreamcast Krew 4 Life
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

I think 3 sounds best.