[WW] Fright Night! (The village wins!)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

triggercut

[WW] Fright Night! (The village wins!)

Post by triggercut »

Ok, Imma run a Vampire/Werewolf/Mafia game. 15 players.

The rules will be fairly standard, but here are some clarifications:

1. One alpha vampire on night one. He can pick two accomplices to infect with vampirism on that first night. From that point on, there are three vamps until the village stakes them.

2. Two seers. A seer who dreams will receive a message of "Innocent villager" or "More than readily meets the eye". That is the only info available to the seers, regardless of how many times they dream.

3. One Fearless Vampire Hunter. The Fearless Vampire Hunter may protect one character each night. A seer who dreams of a Fearless Vampire Hunter will be told that he is "More than readily meets the eye".

4. Two Freemasons in the game. The Freemasons are on the side of the villagers, and know one another's identity. The Freemasons, if dreamt upon by a seer, will reveal themselves as "More than readily meets the eye".

5. Roles will be assigned by random draw.

6. Nightly results will occur simultaneously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're the seer and are killed, you won't be given the result of your dream to share with the class. Sorry.

First 15 folks in starts the game. Go!

[Edit] Villagers lynched will have their true identity revealed should they be undead.
[Edit]Alpha vamp will be chosen first. The first night of the game, the Alpha will pick his two teammates, and kill a non-player villager. The remaining professions will be chosen from the remaining pool of players.
The game will begin with a lynching during the day cycle.

SIGNED UP:
pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Leigh
Varity
J. D.
Kelric
Setaside
Crux
noxiousdog
Grundbegriff
Chris Grenard
msteelers
Orinoco
Chaosraven
Mark
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In in!
Hodor.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

count me in.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

I have this great vampiress (she-vampire?) costume that I've been dying to wear. (no pun intended)
I'm in!
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. "
Mae West
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Lynch Leigh!

Oh, wait....
Varity

Post by Varity »

In.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

triggercut wrote:Lynch Leigh!

Oh, wait....
I meant common villager costume. You know, the kind with an apron and smears of dirt at the hem? Yeah, that's it. :ninja:
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. "
Mae West
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

I'm in.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Leigh wrote:
triggercut wrote:Lynch Leigh!

Oh, wait....
I meant common villager costume. You know, the kind with an apron and smears of dirt at the hem? Yeah, that's it. :ninja:
You have a thing for Dirt? Neat.. But does he know?
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

In.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Absolutely in. Being the first one munched last time around was almost too much fun. ;)
Crux

Post by Crux »

I'm in.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

In
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I'll go.
Varity

Post by Varity »

triggercut, could you clarify the rules some more, please:

1. Can seers, who get infected with vampirism, still have visions?

2. Are there any restrictions on whom the vampire hunter may protect?

3. Will a freemason know if the other freemason has contacted vampirism (and doesn't show up for their nightly meetings) ?
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

This sounds interesting. In if space is available.

And thus I am in 3 games at the same time. Oi...
I'm special!
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I'm in if there's still room.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Varity wrote:triggercut, could you clarify the rules some more, please:

1. Can seers, who get infected with vampirism, still have visions?

2. Are there any restrictions on whom the vampire hunter may protect?

3. Will a freemason know if the other freemason has contacted vampirism (and doesn't show up for their nightly meetings) ?
3 good questions.

Since I'm not sure how it'll affect play balance, I think I'll do it the way Crux did in the other Vampire game--namely, I'll randomly pick the alpha vamp and get his/her choices for teammates, then draw the seers, masons, and vampire hunter. That way we start with a fairly level playing field of 3 bad guys, 5 specialty-profession good guys, and 7 innocents.

That said, seers are now flying a bit blinder--their first dream will have all three vamps alive, so ignore the part in my initial post about seers getting an "innocent" read if they dream a beta vamp; they'll get the "not an innocent" reading instead. Obviously we'll take down an npc Villager (that guy in the red shirt over there...) to start the game on day one, with the villagers choosing a victim for staking/lynching.
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

In!

Please
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I don't have a PM yet. Does that mean I'm an innocent?
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

msteelers wrote:I don't have a PM yet. Does that mean I'm an innocent?
Hmm. Check your inbox, you should have that PM from me about you being the alpha vamp and needing to choose teammates.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I'll take a slot if you still need fillers :)
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Mark

Post by Mark »

Count me in!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'll take the last spot.

Damn, 1 minute too late....
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Lassr is an alternate, I s'pose.

Ok. Game is set and I'm about to send the PM out to the alpha vamp. Here's what'll happen next:

1. The alpha vamp will eventually get back to me with his/her choices for teammates. The Alpha Vamp *SHOULD NOT* reveal these choices to his soon-to-be teammates.

2. You'll wake to find an NPC villager dead, obviously by the hand of a vampire.

3. I will choose the "special role" positions of the villagers, and notify them via PM.

4. The villagers will stake one of their own in hopes of killing a vampire.

5. The two vampire teammates, if still alive, will be notified by the alpha vamp, and will choose a victim.

One important note: The transition to vampire takes place during that second night for the two beta vampires! If one is staked by the village, they'll see him as an innocent villager and won't know til the game ends.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Good morning folks.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Don't *do* that!
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

*yawns and stretches* Top of the morning to you.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I guess i should give a few hours before we start lyching silent folk :twisted:
Black Lives Matter

setaside

Post by setaside »

noxiousdog wrote:I guess i should give a few hours before we start lyching silent folk :twisted:
whoa!

<-- decidedly NOT silent.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Good morning!
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

PMs have now been sent to all villagers informing them of their specialty roles in the game. If you were chosen for a specialty role but do not understand how it works, feel free to send me a PM. For now, the vampire has chosen his two teammates, and the game will begin with the Daylight Cycle of the first day.

Myopis Punderheimer was a loner in the village, a half-wit son of half-wit parents, apprenticed to The Miller when he was a child. He was a stupid lad, but a well-meaning one who arrived to work before sunup and left to sleep at sundown.

Thus The Miller became concerned that fateful morning when Young Punderheimer failed to report for work. The lagwitted apprentice lived in a tiny cottage just next to the mill, and The Miller found that the shutters on the one window of the small hovel hanging askew, the dirty window behind them standing open. The room inside was dark. Forcing the door, The Miller found signs of a brief struggle...and the pale, rigid, cold body of Myopis Punderheimer on the floor, two jagged punctures in his neck.

"VAMPIRES! DEATH AND DESTRUCTION! VAMPIIIIIIIIIRES!" The Miller ran through the village rousing everyone from their morning routine. The populace settled upon the village green, and the sheriff brought out the body of the dullard miller's apprentice that all might see.

"This poor lad, addlepated-lackwit or no, has been MURDERED," began the Sheriff in his authoritative voice. A shocked silence descended upon the village. "Not just murdered, either. The poor lad's been drained of blood..." The sheriff paused. "...and there are teeth marks in his neck. We have a VAMPIRE amongst us!"

With that news, the gathered villagers were in an uproar. The sheriff finally shouted them down to restore order. "This is no time for disorder and chaos amongst us. We do indeed have a vampire amongst us, and one of you is it!" The crowd once again became agitated, and the sheriff was only able to get control over the villagers again by singing "The Impossible Dream" from Man of La Mancha in an offkey brogue to settle them down. "THIS IS NO TIME FOR DISORDER," he repeated, shouting now. "This news requires us to be organized and smart. This news requires us to blindly accuse one another and send each other to be staked through the heart until we find our Vampire. This news requires wild allegations, blatant lying, and absolutely depends upon mob rule! This is no time for justice! We need to panic and do foolish things! I shall ride to the next village to tell them our dread news and warn them of our plight. You folks, um, send word or something when you've found that Vampire. I just say, upon parting for a bit, 'Good luck, we're all counting on you.'"

It is day. A villager has been slain by The Vampire. Talk amongst yourselves and choose one player among you to be staked!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

NoxiousDog is my first suspect as he startled me awake.
"Where are you off to?"

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Chaosraven wrote:NoxiousDog is my first suspect as he startled me awake.
What exactly was he doing to you when he woke you?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

not gnawing on me, if that's what you mean, I did, after all, wake up.

I just think it's suspicious that the PMs went out, and some people happen to wake up just before we find a body...
"Where are you off to?"

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Chaosraven wrote:not gnawing on me, if that's what you mean, I did, after all, wake up.

I just think it's suspicious that the PMs went out, and some people happen to wake up just before we find a body...
PMs went out to villagers a few hours before my post; I deliberately waited a good amount of time before posting in this thread.

8 Votes required for staking.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Looks like I'm a lowly villager again. It would be nice if I had a special role for one of the games I play. This is my fourth time out of four games being an ordinary villager.

That being said, we still have a job to do fellow innocents!

Who are the quiet ones? ;)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Not us, apparently.
"Where are you off to?"

setaside

Post by setaside »

Well I guess we might as well get this out of the way ... Leigh, you know you've always been the first to get lynched. We love ya, but we also love to hang ya.

DISCLAIMER: Notice I intentionally did not complete my bolding. This is a comment made jokingly and does not constitute an actual vote.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I think we should set a time limit for the quiet ones and *then* hang them.

1-2-3mississippi sound fair?
"Where are you off to?"