Dancing With the Stars..SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Dancing With the Stars..SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Daehawk »

Oh no not Tucker!!!! We wanted to see him go on and see if he got better. They should give them 2 dances instead of just one and boom someones gone.

Ya for some reason Im watching this with the wife this year. Never have before. On the plus side the lady's outfits are smoking.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
noxiousdog

Re: Dancing With the Stars..SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by noxiousdog »

Daehawk wrote:Oh no not Tucker!!!! We wanted to see him go on and see if he got better. They should give them 2 dances instead of just one and boom someones gone.

Ya for some reason Im watching this with the wife this year. Never have before. On the plus side the lady's outfits are smoking.
I love this show. I didn't think I'd like it as well this year cause the 'stars' aren't really stars. However, the skillz are a million times better than last season.

Last year it was Stacy Kiebler and Nick Lachey's brother and everyone else was in a different class. This year, there's a ton of contenders that would have given both of them a run for their money.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NY Times
After spending nearly a quarter of his life as the host of “Dancing With the Stars,” Tom Bergeron, the 65-year-old host of the one-time ABC ratings juggernaut, has been dropped from the show, he announced on Twitter on Monday evening.
ABC and BBC Studios, the show’s production company, said in a joint statement that “Dancing With the Stars” would be pursuing “a new creative direction” and that Mr. Bergeron would not be part of it. Erin Andrews, the sports announcer and former contestant on the show, who had co-hosted with Mr. Bergeron since 2014, was also out, the statement said.
Last year, Mr. Bergeron publicly aired his concerns about the decision to cast political guests on the show.

The comment came after the show decided to include Sean Spicer, the former White House press secretary and communications director for President Trump, as a contestant.
Mr. Bergeron said he had met with the show’s new executive producer without success in an effort to ensure that the show “would be a joyful respite from our exhausting political climate and free of inevitably divisive bookings from ANY party affiliations.”
His departure came as an unwelcome surprise — Mr. Bergeron told “Access Hollywood” in 2012 that he wanted to host the show “’til they drag me kicking and screaming off the set.” But even amid his shock Monday evening, Mr. Bergeron managed to crack one final joke.

“Now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?” he tweeted.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:28 pm NY Times
After spending nearly a quarter of his life as the host of “Dancing With the Stars,” Tom Bergeron, the 65-year-old host of the one-time ABC ratings juggernaut, has been dropped from the show, he announced on Twitter on Monday evening.
ABC and BBC Studios, the show’s production company, said in a joint statement that “Dancing With the Stars” would be pursuing “a new creative direction” and that Mr. Bergeron would not be part of it. Erin Andrews, the sports announcer and former contestant on the show, who had co-hosted with Mr. Bergeron since 2014, was also out, the statement said.
Last year, Mr. Bergeron publicly aired his concerns about the decision to cast political guests on the show.

The comment came after the show decided to include Sean Spicer, the former White House press secretary and communications director for President Trump, as a contestant.
Mr. Bergeron said he had met with the show’s new executive producer without success in an effort to ensure that the show “would be a joyful respite from our exhausting political climate and free of inevitably divisive bookings from ANY party affiliations.”
His departure came as an unwelcome surprise — Mr. Bergeron told “Access Hollywood” in 2012 that he wanted to host the show “’til they drag me kicking and screaming off the set.” But even amid his shock Monday evening, Mr. Bergeron managed to crack one final joke.

“Now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?” he tweeted.
Well Roger Stone has some free time nowadays...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
stessier

Post by stessier »

14 years has to be close to winning the Thread Necro title.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It was worth it to learn Noxiousdog is (was?) a fan of Dancing with the Stars. Would not have expected that if it were a trivia question. Thanks.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Tom Bergeron is an overlooked and underrated national treasure.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:56 am Tom Bergeron is an overlooked and underrated national treasure.
Yup. I give this show 2 more years at most. I basically stopped watching 5 years ago. The wife kept going but not I dont think in 2018.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:horse:
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Tyra Banks will be the new host.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

USA Today
JoJo Siwa is already proving a groundbreaking force on "Dancing With the Stars," before even stepping on the dance floor on Sept. 20.

The TikTok and YouTube superstar, 18, who came out as a member of the LGBTQ community in January, will compete with a female professional partner. The same-sex pairing will be a first for ABC's ballroom-dance competition, which premiered in 2005 and marks its 30th season this fall.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I haven't watched Dancing with the Stars in many, many years, but I read that Iman Shumpert was one of the finalists and saw this performance by him...

Holy shit. How long has Dancing with the Stars been this good? That was fantastic. (It's based on Jordan Peele's Us.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I haven't watched in many seasons. My wife watched it past me. I stopped when the 'star' title really stopped applying in my view. I mean can they really still call it stars any more? They've been diggin deep a long time now. I didn't know but one this year I dont think.