Zombies! ArmyofOne can't do it alone. Villagers win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

ezmate

Post by ezmate »

In these games, I guess it's more common to kill innocents than it is to get the bad guys, eh?

Did we really bungle this one? I mean, we only had one round of information to act on. All new information was only going to come in the form of what people wrote in this thread (without much history to act off of, that seems pretty dicey). Not only that, but I don't see the brothers or the psychic being too talkative at this early stage of the game. All in all, we had very little information to act on & very little hope for more.

I went with the only person who had some (albeit small) amount of suspicious activity.

I say we erect a statue in memory of our town's best realtor:

Remus West - RIP
Where I go, destruction will follow!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Quickly, the group sliced open Remus' stomach. Digging through his guts, all that was found were a couple of Moon pies.
I'll never be able to eat moon pies again.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Hopefully this evening will generate some results. From the psychic.

But like I said before, worst case scenario here is the zombs eat an innocent at random (hopefully not the psychic), you guys lynch me tomorrow, and another innocent gets eaten the next night. If we can keep the psychic safe, by that point, he should have a really solid voting block.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I hate this part...waiting for the results...it's like your teacher grading your test while you sit there. You can almost hear the rope holding the sword up over your head creaking.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bring me more moon pies or I haunt all your asses.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Remus West wrote:Bring me more moon pies or I haunt all your asses.
WEREWOLF!!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

ezmate wrote:In these games, I guess it's more common to kill innocents than it is to get the bad guys, eh?

Did we really bungle this one? I mean, we only had one round of information to act on. All new information was only going to come in the form of what people wrote in this thread (without much history to act off of, that seems pretty dicey). Not only that, but I don't see the brothers or the psychic being too talkative at this early stage of the game. All in all, we had very little information to act on & very little hope for more.
For the first two to three rounds, suspicion and speculation are king supreme. We got very lucky by picking Orinoco in round 1. That rarely happens. I think that once Remus and I convinced each other that we were probably innocent, that we should have picked someone else. But then you run the risk of picking a special player, so it's a win/lose situation. We know we didn't kill the psychic, but we know we didn't kill a zombie. The best hope is that the psychic manages to contact a sibling, but the odds of that are as low as they are of him scanning a zombie.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Do we know that Remus wasn't a psychic?
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

ezmate wrote:Do we know that Remus wasn't a psychic?
Chances are very good that he was simply a regular innocent. I can't imagine that he would willingly give himself to the mob if he could have helped them otherwise.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Kelric wrote:
ezmate wrote:Do we know that Remus wasn't a psychic?
Chances are very good that he was simply a regular innocent. I can't imagine that he would willingly give himself to the mob if he could have helped them otherwise.
True, and probably not the doctor either for the same reason. Better to die by zombie if you are the docotor so you can use your super powers.
tgb

Post by tgb »

If he were the psychic, Ralph would have let us know.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

If Remus or I had any special powers, we would have both been laying low, rather than sparring with each other openly. Only those of us with nothing to lose typically get into the mix. That was what eventually changed my mind about Remus. He was playing too dangerously to be a zom, and his arguments were really starting to make sense.

That said, I still had some suspicion of him right up till the end. He was a great liar in the fallen thread.

Just like he and others will always be suspicious of me because of my early attack on Remus.

I'd like to request that we give the psychic some time to make his contacts (please contact me, please!) before making any irrevocable decisions once the sun comes up. If the majority thinks I hold too much of Remus' blood on my hands, I'll accept that, but I'd really like to see if the psychic will make contact.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Night ended. Again the crowd straggled together to meet in front of the lab. And again someone was missing.

Hoping that he had just overslept, the Lake Woebegon 11 hurried to the missing person's house; but they found what they feared. Bakhtosh's chewed on corpse lay in the middle of the house. Body bits were everywhere. His head was nowhere to be found.

The depressed group returned to he lab entrance - with Bakhtosh gone, who would amuse the crowd with fatty/hillbilly wedding jokes? But they had to persevere. By the day's end, someone needed to die.

Voting is open. A majority of 6 is needed.
Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Zombies! I want my baby Bakhtosh ribs.

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Updated List of Players
Kelric
gbasden
Bakhtosh - Brain food
tgb
pr0ner
tru1cy
msteelers
Orinoco - Decapitated - Zombie!
setaside
ezmate
Cesare's Divine Spark
ArmyofOne
Lassr
Remus West - Decapitated - Innocent
ChaosRaven - Brain food
tgb

Post by tgb »

Who is this ezmate - this stranger in our midst who appears with an accusing finger? And that smear is not raspberry jelly, I suspect.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Well, I wasn't expecting Bahktosh to be next since he was so close to lynching.
Now I hope the psychic didn't waste time reading Bahktosh.

I need to think about this and I'll cast my vote in the morning.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I'd just like to personally thank the doctor for all of his hard work. You rule! :x

Nah, Nah, told ya so!
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Damn, the zombies seem to like the loud-mouths. Hmm...I think I'll lay even lower (if that's possible!)...

Just an FYI - I'm in training all day today & tomorrow, so I won't even have a chance to lurk or post during the day.

see you all tonight...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Handy info:
Orinoco was a zombie.
Early votes for him:
1. Remus -Dead
2. Kelric
3. ezmate
4. gbasden
late and suspicious votes:
5. lassr -I'm innocent
6. Bakhtosh - Dead
7. proner
8. tgb
9. Chaosraven -dead

No votes for Orinoco. msteeler, setaside, tru1cy, tgb, Devine Spark, Army of One (did I miss someone?)

Remus sacrificied himself so I don't know if looking at the votes will show much.

I've suspected one zombie may be a lurker the other somewhat participating.

Bakhtosh said in one of his post that he was fairly confident that tgb was innocent, could Bak have been the pyschic?

I have nothing more than a gut feeling to go on so msteeler.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I agree the zombies have probably been lurking, and msteeler has been pretty active and drawing attention to himself. I doubt he's a zombie.

We haven't heard much from tru1cy, setaside, or pr0ner. My guess is one of them is probably a zombie.

Also, looking back, bakhtosh pointed a finger at setaside - and now bakhtosh is dead. Just saying.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

tgb wrote:I agree the zombies have probably been lurking, and msteeler has been pretty active and drawing attention to himself. I doubt he's a zombie.
You could be right but I've seen the "bad guys" draw attention to themselves in other games.
For now I'll withdraw the msteeler vote. Turns out that gut feeling were just hunger pangs. I've had breakfast and I am better now.
setaside

Post by setaside »

tgb wrote:Also, looking back, bakhtosh pointed a finger at setaside - and now bakhtosh is dead. Just saying.
He didn't point a finger. He just made an observation that I haven't been very active, which was true. I tried my best to explain my reasoning for not being very active.

I assure you I'm not a zombie.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

OK, I'm voting tru1cy.
He's been lurking and has not cast one vote. Just seems to be sitting back and letting everyone else do the dirty work and not draw attention to himself.

I admit it seems that everyone who starts investigating and posting ends up dead but I'm ready if the zombies come for me.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Bra......err....ooops excuse me. After watching Return of the Living Dead 4: Necropolis I feel brain dead this morning.

I have input later.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Lassr wrote:
tgb wrote:I agree the zombies have probably been lurking, and msteeler has been pretty active and drawing attention to himself. I doubt he's a zombie.
You could be right but I've seen the "bad guys" draw attention to themselves in other games.
For now I'll withdraw the msteeler vote. Turns out that gut feeling were just hunger pangs. I've had breakfast and I am better now.
I can assure you I am not a zombie, and I kind of take comfort in that you had hunger pains. It shows you weren't out at night eating brains. :)

Anyway, the belief that one zombie is lurking is probably correct. Having only two, keeping one in a low profile would be best. I'll have to go back and re-read some of this thread, and see if there are any voting patterns, but I'm at work so it will have to wait.
tgb

Post by tgb »

So who hasn't posted at all yet?
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I still suspect pr0ner.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Kelric wrote:I still suspect pr0ner.
And you're still wrong.

Who knows what will happen to me if I say this, but I am one of the two siblings.

The other sibling(s) is(are) more than welcome to come out and confirm or deny this if so desired.
Hodor.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

pr0ner wrote:
And you're still wrong.

Who knows what will happen to me if I say this, but I am one of the two siblings.

The other sibling(s) is(are) more than welcome to come out and confirm or deny this if so desired.
only negative affect I can see about announcing this is having someone claiming to be the pyschic pm you. Then you'd have to judge if he's the real pyschic.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

oooo....being dead is a negative...oooooo
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Bakhtosh wrote:oooo....being dead is a negative...oooooo
Yea I was coming back to say the zombies would also know you are not the doctor and you are safe to kill but other than that the zombies still view you as another innocent with no special powers anymore.

But without verification then how do we know you are telling the truth. If someone verifies it then he opens himself up to attack.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Wow. Zombies and ghosts! This is one messed up village. What? Oops, sorry.

*goes back to being dead*
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Remus West wrote:Wow. Zombies and ghosts! This is one messed up village. What? Oops, sorry.

At least we decapitated you so you didn't come back as a zombie.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kelric wrote:
Remus West wrote:Wow. Zombies and ghosts! This is one messed up village. What? Oops, sorry.

At least we decapitated you so you didn't come back as a zombie.
True. Maybe I should post to reflect the difficulty talking. Something like.......aragarsfgsdfgl gdasg blufdu blufs fusaf.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

So tgb asks who's been really quiet and Kelric pops in and posts right away. Slick.

Kelric can't keep his mouth shut for more than five minutes and yet he's barely posted in this game. Then again, I falsely accused Kelric last game so I'm afraid to vote. This sucks, because falsely accusing people last game made me completely trigger-shy.. and I may be giving obvious zombies a pass.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Cesare's Divine Spark wrote:
So tgb asks who's been really quiet and Kelric pops in and posts right away. Slick.

Kelric can't keep his mouth shut for more than five minutes and yet he's barely posted in this game. Then again, I falsely accused Kelric last game so I'm afraid to vote. This sucks, because falsely accusing people last game made me completely trigger-shy.. and I may be giving obvious zombies a pass.
I've been relatively quiet early on in a lot of my games lately. Once I was innocent, once I was a Seer, once I was the Alpha bad guy and this time again I'm an innocent.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Of course, a false accusation in one game has no bearing in this one. Kelric is definitely a possibility.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Kelric I think you are guilty, but I am not set in stone. If someone have evidence to the contrary now is the time to present it.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
tgb

Post by tgb »

Kelric's silence speaks volumes. I'm on the bandwagon, unless the psychic wants to contact me and convince me otherwise.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Problem I have with Kelric is he voted second to eliminate Orinoco. I can see jumping on the bandwagon once it's inevitable if you are a zombie but not starting the bandwagon.