Question: how to delete one's own posts?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Papageno

Question: how to delete one's own posts?

Post by Papageno »

I meant to delete a post of mine in the Trading Forum, but for some reason there's no obvious way to do that as there was on the GG forums (at least not for a thread-originating post). Is that function not supported in this forum software?
Grifman

Re: Question: how to delete one's own posts?

Post by Grifman »

Papageno wrote:I meant to delete a post of mine in the Trading Forum, but for some reason there's no obvious way to do that as there was on the GG forums (at least not for a thread-originating post). Is that function not supported in this forum software?
Go to your post, hit "Edit", then under your post in the typing box will be several boxes that you can check, including "Delete this post". Pretty obvious to me :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Note that if somebody has replied to your post, it cannot be deleted. You can still go in and edit the body out, but you can't delete a whole thread the way you could on GG once there has been discussion.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

Weird part is, I can't delete a followup post either, not just the originating post-- I don't get a "delete this post" checkbox under the message body box.

If it helps, I'm using Firefox 1.0.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If there has been a reply to a followup, you won't - it is any post, not just the first. Once somebody replies after you, yours is locked in. If it really is the last post in a topic, post the problem (with a link) over in the meta forum and someone will check it out.

Just to clarify what you should be looking for, the 'Delete this post' option shows up when you choose to edit a post. It is at the very bottom of the list below the edit window, below 'Disable BBCode in this post' and all the rest of those.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

Ah, I see now.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Blackhawk wrote:Note that if somebody has replied to your post, it cannot be deleted. You can still go in and edit the body out, but you can't delete a whole thread the way you could on GG once there has been discussion.
Ah, thanks, I didn't realize that either.