Post it! Just how big is it?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post it! Just how big is it?

Post by $iljanus »

My iPod has 391 songs taking up 1.8 Gigs. But it's growing...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

4,668 songs, taking up 18.3 GB. I'm ripping more CDs as I type, though, and I expect to be over 20 GB tonight. :)
That's my purse! I don't know you!
GuidoTKP

Post by GuidoTKP »

6122 songs taking up around 30GB.
"All I can ever think of when I see BBT is, "that guy f***ed Angelina Jolie? Seriously?" Then I wonder if Angelina ever wakes up in the middle of the night to find Brad Pitt in the shower, huddled in a corner furiously scrubbing at his d*** and going, 'I can't get the smell of Billy Bob off of this thing.' Then I try to think of something, anything, else." --Brian

"Would you go up to a girl in a bar and say 'Pardon me, miss, but before I spend a lot of time chatting you up, and buying you drinks, I'd like to know if you do anal. Because if not, that's a deal-breaker for me.'"
-- Mr. Fed
Grievous Angel

Post by Grievous Angel »

No iPod, but my iTunes has 482 songs, 1.60 GB (1 day, 4 hours, 31 minutes and 38 seconds of songs).
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

3,547 songs at 19.56GB. Unlike ILB, I'm not burning stuff onto it as we speak (although I still have somewhere between 80 and 120 CDs left to burn onto it).

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

/me looks at his 512M player and feels inadequate
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Strom

Post by Strom »

< Needs an iPod....needs :(
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Grievous Angel wrote:No iPod, but my iTunes has 482 songs, 1.60 GB (1 day, 4 hours, 31 minutes and 38 seconds of songs).
Duh, so that's what that means at the bottom of my iTunes window. I have 1.2 days of songs then.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

18"
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kiam

Post by Kiam »

I'm going to have an iPod on Thursday.

It will have 1291 songs on it, taking up 5.91 GB.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

My media server is at 8,179 songs @ 36.1 GB and growing (still burning my classical CDs). My MP3 player has around 4,000 songs @ 20 GB, and I occasionally rotate selections with other stuff off the server.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

I'm behind the sign ;)

CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
gellar

Post by gellar »

52". Here's a picture.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

3986 songs, 10.3 days, 20.03 GB and growing...
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

Much bigger than an i-Pod. And now there is more discs than there was when this photo was taken and some more in another unit off to the side not pictured.
She's the puzzle piece behind the couch that makes the sky complete.
disarm

Post by disarm »

i've been using iTunes for quite a while now and have ripped a large chunk of my CD collection to mp3 now...i'm currently at 4780 songs, 20.30GB, and 13.7 days of music. i still have quite a few albums to go as soon as i find the time/patience to do some more.

i got a 20GB iPod for christmas and had it filled up the same evening i took it out of the box. if it weren't for the fact that it was a gift and has a custom engraving on the back, i probably would have tried to swap/sell it and upgrade to a 40GB. i was on the verge of buying a 40GB model for myself anyway, but figured it best to wait until after the holidays. oh well...it's still an iPod and kicks total ass Image
knob

Post by knob »

1800 songs, taking up around 9 gig (Some of those are rather large audio books).
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

How do you all find so many songs to like? :shock:
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Lee

Post by Lee »

2898 songs @ 20.27 GB. Jeez, maybe I should lower the quality.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Zekester wrote:How do you all find so many songs to like? :shock:

Ditto :shock:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
\/\/olverine

Post by \/\/olverine »

Seriously I think people download songs just to add to their "collection", anyone I know who has over 1000 songs doesnt listen to most of them and acts like its some sort of prized possession.
Lee

Post by Lee »

\/\/olverine wrote:Seriously I think people download songs just to add to their "collection", anyone I know who has over 1000 songs doesnt listen to most of them and acts like its some sort of prized possession.
BS, 99.9% of my songs are from my ripped CDs, and I mostly play them on random with no song being played again within a month. I listen to more of my collection now than I ever did before iTunes came along.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I've always been one to make "my best of" albums.First on cassettes and now cd's. Most of my collection is on cassettes and vinyl.I probably couldn't come up with more than 2-300 "favorite" songs. Usually I don't care too much about the rest of the albums,except when I buy the "best hits" albums.
I like to make cd's that are mood oriented.I.E. mellow,hard rock,sad,oldies,etc.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Roughly 70 gigs. Not sure exactly since a lot of it has been backed up and subsequently deleted off my computer and I've added about 50 CDs to my real collection since I started the backing up project. One day soon (some time this month I think) when my computer is completely reformatted and such I will know....

I fear that day.
How do you all find so many songs to like?
Find a band you really like. Listen to songs from bands that are 'recommended/similar' on various websites. Find out you like those bands. Proceed numerous times.

Listen to everything from German death metal to 1920s blues and jazz to alt-rock and funk and every genre in between, over, under and around.
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

Zekester wrote:How do you all find so many songs to like? :shock:
Easy. Find out what they're not playing on the radio and start from there.
GuidoTKP

Post by GuidoTKP »

Lee wrote:
\/\/olverine wrote:Seriously I think people download songs just to add to their "collection", anyone I know who has over 1000 songs doesnt listen to most of them and acts like its some sort of prized possession.
BS, 99.9% of my songs are from my ripped CDs, and I mostly play them on random with no song being played again within a month. I listen to more of my collection now than I ever did before iTunes came along.
Ditto. Almost everything on my iPod comes from CDs I own. iPod is awesome, because it allows me to hear so much more of my music now that I don't have to futz with switching CDs in and out.
"All I can ever think of when I see BBT is, "that guy f***ed Angelina Jolie? Seriously?" Then I wonder if Angelina ever wakes up in the middle of the night to find Brad Pitt in the shower, huddled in a corner furiously scrubbing at his d*** and going, 'I can't get the smell of Billy Bob off of this thing.' Then I try to think of something, anything, else." --Brian

"Would you go up to a girl in a bar and say 'Pardon me, miss, but before I spend a lot of time chatting you up, and buying you drinks, I'd like to know if you do anal. Because if not, that's a deal-breaker for me.'"
-- Mr. Fed
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Holy SHIT Tscott :)

So many albums, and then such a mediocre stereo system to listen it on ;)
Where Cows Congregate - The Bovine Conspiracy
Tscott

Post by Tscott »

Hey! My little Onkyo system serves me just fine. :x Besides, it's was a floor model and I got a great deal on it.

You should've seen the "system" I had before this... tuner/amp/dual cassette/turntable all-in-one with a CD changer pluged into the aux outlet.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Only about 1% of my music was downloaded (all legitimately), the rest ripped from my CDs. At work, I have my MP3 player set to play random songs, so they all get listened to over time. In fact, much of this music is getting heard for the first time in decades - I had quite a few dust collectors on my shelf that never got played anymore.

For the most part, though, pop music only gets listened to for a brief period of time. Classical music doesn't get stale, though - those CDs have been the best value in terms of playing time and longevity.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I am usually cycling through about 20 CDs at a time with one or two that stand out. I am sure there are well over a thousand that I listen to. To have more would mean to maintain a library of convenience and nothing more.

I seem to buy about 1 CD a month on average nowadays. That is a huge increase over the several year hiatus I had and a huge decrease from when I spent $50 or more a week on CDs.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

I must be "new music-ly" challenged :idea:
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Zekester wrote:I must be "new music-ly" challenged :idea:
Not at all. In fact it's clear that you've discovered the only new band that matters: CATT BUTT.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Jancelot

Post by Jancelot »

5,295 songs taking up 23.4 GB.

Before I knew what I was doing I ripped most of them at 128, but now I want to go back and redo them all at 192 or higher.

gellar - nice TV ;) I went ahead and got the matching stand for mine even though it was a rip-off.
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

dbt1949 wrote:18"
No, dbt. The question was how LONG, not how TALL.
lildrgn

Post by lildrgn »

The Meal wrote:3,547 songs at 19.56GB. Unlike ILB, I'm not burning stuff onto it as we speak (although I still have somewhere between 80 and 120 CDs left to burn onto it).

~Neal
:shock:

I have a Karma that holds 20GB. I have about 2600 songs or so and that takes up almost 19GB. *smacks forehead* I just realized that I have dozens of FLAC files of concerts that take up 35-45MB each. I bet if I convert them to OGG that I could free up some space.

*strokes chin*

*giggles*

*cries, as re-ripping and moving things around can be tedious*
You complete me.
words
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

The Meal wrote:
Zekester wrote:I must be "new music-ly" challenged :idea:
Not at all. In fact it's clear that you've discovered the only new band that matters: CATT BUTT.

~Neal
CATT BUTT is awesome, dude!

They put Nugent and his 'Cat Scratch Fever' to shame!
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

4,621 songs taking up 20.2 GB. Gives me about 12 days worth (a little over 288 hours). Not a ridiculous amount, but enough to keep a constant variety. About half are regular music (2,541 tracks) and the other half are game soundtracks (2,080 tracks).
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
tiktokman

Post by tiktokman »

40 gig ipod - using 7.5 gig
1419 tracks - 14 of which are audio rips of my favorite movies

Unfortunately I also screwed up and ripped most of my stuff at 128. Getting ready to go back and re-rip at 192. Should be a fun weekend.
Grafvolluth

Post by Grafvolluth »

4118 Songs 21.7GB
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Rick Wakeman eat your heart out
Hubba hubba
I like short songs
I like short songs
I like short songs
I like short songs
I like short songs
I like short songs

-The Dead Kennedys

Maybe I should also post enitire collections of lyrics from songs from MOD if anyone remembers them....Perhaps "Daimonds and Rust" or "Tribute to Jimi Hendrix." or "Anti-Procrastination Song."