WoW Europe "Final Beta"

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Pointer

WoW Europe "Final Beta"

Post by Pointer »

Hi guys,

Closed Beta for WoW in Europe is now over and preparations are being made to start Final Beta "in a few days". Hope you pre-ordered!

Pointer
Pointer

Post by Pointer »

For anybody interested (is there ANYBODY interested apart from me?) the Final Beta client is available to download NOW at http://en.wow-europe.com/
I cannot wait to start playing!!!

Pointer
Pointer

Post by Pointer »

It's fun posting to myself.

WoW Final Beta in Europe has now started!!!! Unfortunately due to the awful Blizzard Downloader I an only 81% done downloading it! Better stop posting and finish downloading!

Pointer
elborto

Post by elborto »

I just got a beta invite as well. I got a torrent file off torrentspy.com for the client download, but at the moment I think it's going even slower than the official downloader... grmbl.

Claas
Pointer

Post by Pointer »

I have never seen a downloader as bad as Blizzards. It hogs all resources on the computer, when it is downloading I cannot use the internet at all. I have a 1.1mbps connection and am able to download at 120kbps but so far have not got over 40kbps. The download rate fluctuates every second, going up to 30 then down to 4 then up again, it is ridiculous! Anyway, 88% done, only a few more hours to go.

Let me know what server you are going on. Hope to see you in game!

Pointer
elborto

Post by elborto »

Yeah, the problem with their downloader is that you can't limit the upload, which pretty much makes it unusable to me.
I'm now running a torrent from http://wowtorrents.de.vu/ which connects to Blizzard's tracker (even if it gives some error at first) and gives me a pretty constant download of 40 kB/s. Not very fast, but better than that piece of crap.

Claas
Pointer

Post by Pointer »

Oh good god I run the game and it needs to download a patch immediately. Only a 39 meg patch but with the Blizzard Downloader it will probably take an hour.

Pointer
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

Have you tried clicking the little box that supposedly disables peer-to-peer? I think that's helped some folks. As for the latest patch (on the NA side), I actually got it on the day of release fairly quickly. I recently went back to update the WoW install on my laptop and it was dragging horribly, even with the checkbox selected, so I quit out and just copied the patch file from my main system.
elborto

Post by elborto »

I installed the game today and played around a bit on the #1 German server as an Orc hunter, but I wouldn't mind jumping on a Brit server either...

Claas