[Werewolf variant] The Thing! Day fourteen begins!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

great...now the game will never end...
Padre

Post by Padre »

AUDIO LOG BEGINS

Pharaoh: That's five votes. Lars it is.
Zekester: Well, let's see.
rdm: Sure, stick him. It's been a while.
Trikane: Alrighty then!
Gryndyl: Yup, do it.
Kraegor: I concur.
Caine: <long silence>
Lars: Guys! No! This is a big mistake. Huge. Colossal! There's no going back after this.
rdm: The vote is binding. Gimme that syringe.
Lars: Aiie!
Pharaoh: The die is cast, gentlemen.
Zekester: I got the flamethrower ready...
<long silence>
Trikane: ...nothing?
Pharaoh: Nothing. Lars, you're clean.
Gryndyl: Aw shit, man, shit! We're outta serum and there's gotta be, what, three of them by now, four by tomorrow.
rdm: Yeah, but who?
Zekester: We should burn everyone just to be safe. This infection must not leave here.
Pharaoh: But who can we trust to weild the flames? I don't see how..
Trikane: We could set some explosives? We have to be sure, even if none of us can trust each other.... soemthign where we can all see...
Kraegor: Hah! How do we know thta isn't exactly what you want, Thing!
Gryndyl: It's a sacrifice we gotta make. Just think of this thing out there roaming the world! No-one is safe!
rdm: Yes... such a vision is almost beyond contemplation.
Pharaoh: Then it's settled, right? Caine? Caine? You haven't said a word in ages. What do you think?
Caine: <silence>
Pharaoh: What are you doing, Caine?
Zekester: Agh! What the hell, man, you just jabbed me with.....
<loud thump>
Gryndyl: Shit, he passed out!
rdm: And soon he will be one of us.
Pharaoh: Wha... you BASTARD!
rdm, Caine: KREEEEEEEEEEEE!
Gryndyl: Form a circle, form a circle! Someone get that flamethrower!
Krageor: I got it!
Trikane: Well, keep them back! Oh man, oh man
Pharaoh: Fire, man, for God's.... oh no.
Kraegor: Burn, humans. KREEEEEEEEEEEEE!
<burning, screaming, silence>

AUDIO LOG ENDS
WORLD ENDS
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

lmao....first off... I HATE THE THINGS!!!

i actually believed lars was the thing who infected me...i wanted him to die!!!! yes i admit it!!!

as for post game analysis....I was the last infected.../sniffle....

Silence in this game should be illegal. Silence = instant death. an arrow thru the throat or somethin.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:lmao....first off... I HATE THE THINGS!!!

i actually believed lars was the thing who infected me...i wanted him to die!!!! yes i admit it!!!

Silence in this game should be illegal. Silence = instant death. an arrow thru the throat or somethin.
If it helps we actually talked about trying to make you the last as a method of pushing you over the edge. :lol:
Glad it worked out that way. :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Padre

Post by Padre »

THE THINGS ARE VICTORIOUS!

Congratulations to Caine, rdm and Kraegor, who were the surviving Things at the end of the game.

A history of the game follows.

NB: Genghis was never tested, infected or really participated, and was then removed from the game officially, so this history omits his presence entirely.

Original thing: Mr Bubbles

DAY ONE: (Scientists 18, Things 1)

Tests: Lars (Clean), Chaosraven (Clean)
Infection: Cesare ('s Divine Spark, as he was at the time)

DAY TWO: (Scientists 17, Things 2)

Tests: msteelers (Clean), Mr Bubbles (THING!), Bakhtosh (Clean)
Infection: Orinoco

DAY THREE: (Scientists 16, Things 2)

Tests: Pharaoh (Clean), Lars (Clean)
Infection: setaside

DAY FOUR: (Scientists 15, Things 3)

Tests: Gryndyl (Clean), setaside (THING!), Remus West(Clean)
Infection: Bakhtosh

DAY FIVE: (Scientists 14, Things 3)

Tests: Cesare (THING!), Orinoco (THING!), rdm (Clean)
Infection: Remus West

DAY SIX: (Scientists 13, Things 2)

Tests: Zekester (Clean), malchior (Clean)
Infection: Chaosraven

DAY SEVEN: (Scientists 12, Things 3)

Tests: Caine (Clean), Lars (Clean)
Infection: Caine

DAY EIGHT (Scientists 11, Things 4)

Tests: Kraegor (Clean), pr0ner (Clean)
Infection: pr0ner

DAY NINE (Scientists 11, Things 5)

Tests: Trikane (Clean), Pharaoh (Clean)
Infection: malchior

DAY TEN (Scientists 10, Things 6)

Tests: malchior (THING!), Crux/PR)GMR (Clean)
Infection: rdm

DAY ELEVEN (Scientists 9, Things 6)

Tests: msteelers (Clean), Chaosraven (THING!), Bakhtosh (THING!), Zekester (Clean)
Infection: msteelers

DAY TWELVE: (Scientists 8, Things 5)

Tests: msteelers (THING!), Remus West (THING!), pr0ner (THING!), Kraegor (Clean)
Infection: PR_GMR/Crux

DAY THIRTEEN: (Scientists 6, Things 3)

Tests: Pharaoh (Clean), Gryndyl (Clean)
Infection: Kraegor

DAY FOURTEEN: (Scientists 5, Things 4)

Tests: PR_GMR/Crux (THING!), Lars (Clean)

NEXT INFECTION WOULD PUT TALLY AT (Scientists 4, Things 4)
THEREFORE, THINGS WIN
PR_GMR

Post by PR_GMR »

rdm and me infected Kraegor. Should Caine had been replaced or something?.. I don't recall him taking any part in the game in the later stages.
Follow me as I make films at: xterminatingangel.com
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."--Muse, 'Knights Of Cydonia'
Fear the Wiki!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

PR_GMR wrote:rdm and me infected Kraegor. Should Caine had been replaced or something?.. I don't recall him taking any part in the game in the later stages.
Caine dropped out of sight shortly after being infected. We had been trying to grab all of the vocal ones so we could control more of the vote but he then went under the radar on us. :?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Padre

Post by Padre »

PR_GMR wrote:Should Caine had been replaced or something?.. I don't recall him taking any part in the game in the later stages.
I was on the verge of having him replaced when you all voted for Lars and made the point moot. I had prior to that point been uneasy about removing him as (ulike with Crux) I didn't have his permission to do it - he hadn't responded to PMs I'd sent him. Indeed he appeared to have dropped off the face of the forums altogether - no posts from him since mid-December.

As general levels of attendance/interest in the game had dropped over the holiday period, I didn;t pick up on his altogether more permanent absence as quickly as I might have. With hindsight he could have done with being repalced as soon as Crux was, but here we are.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Oh, and rdm was infected because he kept guessing correctly. We had to shut him up before he burned all of us as we figured he was eventually going to get Bahktosh and Chaosraven tested no matter what we did.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

this was my second alpha bad guy position. I am feeling cursed at this point.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Padre wrote:Original thing: Mr Bubbles
Truly the lupo di tutti lupi, Mr Bubbles can always be relied upon for an unending supply of evil, nefariousness, and malefaction!
Pharaoh

Post by Pharaoh »

Well Im glad its over. GOod game.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I think this would work better with a smaller group. The last few turns when it was hit or be done were fun, it was the beginning and middle when it was really just throwing darts blindfolded that weighed it down. I think if you limit the number of players to 9 or 11 it would keep folks interested through out.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Remus West wrote:
Kraegor wrote:lmao....first off... I HATE THE THINGS!!!

If it helps we actually talked about trying to make you the last as a method of pushing you over the edge. :lol:
Glad it worked out that way. :twisted:
BASTARDS!!!

i like bein the underdog so that's why i did NOT want to be a thing heh. and of course to make it to the very end and be turned...son of friggin!?!?!!?MADAODGADfs

I felt guilty bout testin lars since i was sure he was a thing, ironic. but i figured screw RP by golly im gonna kill whoever the hell infected me!!

friggin RDM....
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If it helps I had bet Bahktosh and Chaosraven that I could get Lars tested again before I got killed. I lost that one. :(
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

<shoots remus with another tranq>

:evil:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:<shoots remus with another tranq>

:evil:
<stands there grinning evilly> you should know tranqs don't work on Things.

<o.k. lays there as a pile of ash grinning evilly> sheesh.
rdm

Post by rdm »

What I enjoyed most was killing all of my fellow things...I knew I must've been right and I killed Chaos, Bakhtosh, Remus after infection, right in line with what I had said before infection...I figured the best cover was more betrayal, so I also voted for msteelers, Pr0ner, and Pr_GMR.

But really my desire to do that sped the game up I think. I actually wanted Caine dead betore PR_GMR, but if I had to sacrifice them all, I would've. And I purposely picked Kraegor because for him I thought ending the game in the dark would be the ultimate betrayal.

:wink:

I tell you what though, I basically played a couple rounds alone since Caine is gone and my new partner didn't know who I was... biggest mistake was upon infecting PR_GMR, only then did you all decide he was a thing, since Crux must've taken too long to vote...which in reality was not true.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The worst part is how close we were to winning (both when I fingered the pack leaving only Bakhtosh alive... and yes I was a scientist doing my job then; and when we were pushing Msteeler for the test to get to maximum capacity and win as bad guys), the anticipation behind the scenes was excellent.

I had a great deal of fun on both sides of this game.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Um... not so much after I burned though.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

But really my desire to do that sped the game up I think. I actually wanted Caine dead betore PR_GMR, but if I had to sacrifice them all, I would've. And I purposely picked Kraegor because for him I thought ending the game in the dark would be the ultimate betrayal.
everybody holds a grudge! <humph>

I woulda voted you or Caine, second...but i was so sure of Lars...AGH!!?!?!?!?!
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

this is an interesting game format. with a few tweaks to the rules, it might even take less than 6 months to finish a second game!
Padre

Post by Padre »

mm. My next game of this will at the very least start with, say, 12 players.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Padre wrote:mm. My next game of this will at the very most start with, say, 12 players.
mortoned
Padre

Post by Padre »

Oops. Yeah, that.