[WW] Lupus Prime

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I will allow people to reveal their own info if they desire...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bah thats no fun whatsoever CR...though I was Call and a Commm officer.

SO Grund, truicy and bubbles were the husks.

Trikane were you indeed the Traitor?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I think everybody knows my info.

Basic crew
login elgyn

Woot. We win.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

My login never got through. Was clemens, but not like it mattered.

We did indeed try to spam the BBS everyday to try to prevent the useful messages from getting through.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I may be inclined to reveal some things I thought were pretty funny, though.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I was a Husk, of course, and I was parker.
Padre

Post by Padre »

I was just a standard crewman, and my login was hudson, as Grundbegriff somehow guessed. :)
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

*Ejects!*

yep, i was the traitor.. And i was Hicks.

Good game guys :)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mr Bubbles wrote:My login never got through. Was clemens, but not like it mattered.

We did indeed try to spam the BBS everyday to try to prevent the useful messages from getting through.
And succeeded pretty well at that.

Funny enough, if the good guys had simply spammed full out their own important info might have come thru better too, based on my "faulty" BBS setup (Random up to 50%)

For example, on the final BBS only three messages came in. Round down and only one in three was going to get posted.
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Padre wrote:I was just a standard crewman, and my login was hudson, as Grundbegriff somehow guessed. :)
I figured out you were hudson as soon as you posted. Unfortunately, I also made you as the Traitor because of your immediate vote against Caine on parker's word. :shock:

If you can't trust random graffiti, what can you trust? ;)

Here's the breakdown. Fill in the blanks?

/*******************************************************
HUSK: Grundbegriff - parker
HUSK: Mr Bubbles - clemens
HUSK: tru1cy - apone
CAPTAIN: Caine -
SCIENCEOFFICER: gbasden -
COMMUNICATIONS01: Newcastle - call
COMMUNICATIONS02: Orinoco - dillon
SECURITYOFFICER: rdm - drake
ANDROID: Kelric - bishop
TRAITOR: Trikane - hicks
CREW01: Remus West - elgyn
CREW02: noxiousdog - ?
CREW03: pr0ner -
CREW04: Genghis - johner
CREW05: Padre - hudson
CREW06: LordMortis - ?

ash brett ? ?
\*******************************************************
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

Newcastle wrote:Nice job crew...alas we lost RW to it, but #2 husk a Goner.

Well....i know who i want to vote for and who i will eventually vote for. But i am gonna delay it since htings can move quite fast here. I am sure i will be following Genghis lead here.

I am assuming that Trikane is the traitor. I think he took a chance that Orinoco was a "Husk" and could then hook up with him. In this theory Trikane would have supposed that Orinoco was taking a gamble. When I didnt back up Orinoco's claim Trikane jumped in. However the converse could be true in that Trikane is a husk, and when Orinoco's claim was not validated immediately he saw an opportunity too "hook up with traitor". I think he was hoping that his confirmation, would create a pact between them in deception. Where they both realize they were lying hence would create a sense of alliance. Truicy pointed out the potential of a trap of there being no seocnd officer coming out and verifying Orinoco. Could this have been a warning to the traitor?

This is the only scenario that makes sense in terms of Trikane's actions. The question is: Is he a husk or traitor? Which is the more viable theory. I am leaning toward traitor.

I do think that Truicy is probably the guilty party here afflicted with the husk syndrome. Two things jump out at me:

1. When GRund was going down...he started to vote for RDM.

2. Proner pointed out a slip that Truicy made a few pages ago, where he claimed that he (truicy) scanned trikane during a night access and proclaimed him clean. Only the science lab is available at night for random crew. Also i think if you had access, you would not forget it. In addition he did not come out with this till what....day 4?

Anyway that is where my thinking lines. The crew have the numbers and its only a matter of time before we snuff out the husks.

Also Genghis, I know you are going forth with your scan toward Orinoco. And while I know this will satisfy your own mind as to wether Orinoco is a human or not. Orinoco is. If there is another candidate whom you think you should scan. Go ahead and do it. I would hate to see another vote wasted. The reason I say this, if we miss...and whomever is voted off...the most likely person going down is the science officer(am assuming the security protected him last night). Hence we are going to lose the night definitive night scan. On the other other hand, it will then validate Orinoco or I. So there are pluses to both sides....but do what you think is best.

Yeah thats a long ramble...anyway. I know where i am voting but not now i want to see folks opinions before i make a move.
This was exactly what happened. Orinoco made the claim of being a comm officer and I was watching the crews reaction. As it looked to be going down hill and still i *thought* the second comm officer did not come out, i thought Orinoco had made a play to try and reach me, so i felt compelled to act. Ah well, live and learn.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I was obviously the Android and my BBS would have been bishop. I scanned Grund on the first night simply because his posting felt wrong. Turns out that was a good scan. tru1cy was a suspect as the game progressed, as was Trikane. I wasn't sure about Bubbles however.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven told me that Grund ate up most of the scans by the time I was killed. People either scanning him alive or dead. Not bad for a guy outed on the first turn. Well played, Grund, I kept trying to tell them you were a husk :D
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Trikane wrote:
This was exactly what happened. Orinoco made the claim of being a comm officer and I was watching the crews reaction. As it looked to be going down hill and still i *thought* the second comm officer did not come out, i thought Orinoco had made a play to try and reach me, so i felt compelled to act. Ah well, live and learn.
Newcastle didn't reveal himself for a while so that we could see what people said - it worked out better then we expected :)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:I kept trying to tell them you were a husk :D
Why would you lie like that, Traitor? ;)
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

I was just a random crewman. Think my login was johner
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Who actually had the random access on day 3? I am guessing it was padre?
Padre

Post by Padre »

Genghis wrote:Who actually had the random access on day 3? I am guessing it was padre?
Nope, not me. Not that I was told, anyway.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Remus West wrote:Chaosraven told me that Grund ate up most of the scans by the time I was killed. People either scanning him alive or dead. Not bad for a guy outed on the first turn. Well played, Grund, I kept trying to tell them you were a husk :D
If I had lived long enough to scan a second person, I was going to out Grund and set myself up for sacrifice whether the second person was a Husk or not. As it was, I died before I could get that second scan in. Once I knew Grund was a Husk, I figured that knowledge was worth more than my life but I tried to squeeze the extra scan in there.

Ask Grund just how 'lucky' he got with specials in the early going. :D
rdm

Post by rdm »

I lied a bunch. I lied more in my BBS postings though, I don't think they got through. I tried to protect people and myself through false accusation and I attempted to impersonate newcastle in my BBS postings, hoping it would protect him and leave me alone. It pretty much went unnoticed I think though. I also did in fact protect Gbasden last night. I nearly protected Kelric and Padre on the nights they were killed but I screwed up.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Genghis wrote:Who actually had the random access on day 3? I am guessing it was padre?
Trikane, who scanned tru1cy, so he wasn't going to share that knowledge with us. :D
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kelric wrote:Ask Grund just how 'lucky' he got with specials in the early going. :D
Uhm... yeah. :)

From a Husk's-eye view, this game was filled with surprises. Our strategy while I was alive was pretty much what I explained to Newcastle in reply to his request for me to tell him how I suspected the Husks were playing: find the Captain and the Android.

On the first day, we suspected Caine might be the Captain because of the weird Captainy stuff he had posted. However, posting that was so overt that we were also open to the idea that someone else was Captain. We all agreed early that Orinoco was a Special of some sort, and thought he was either Captain or Comm, IIRC.

I did what I could to kill noxiousdog on Day 1 by promoting the argument about killing the Crewman who had received Random Access (actually a sound tactic). I would've been OK if the bandwagon against Caine had succeeded, since we suspected him of something anyhow, but it was also good to eliminate an analytical player whose status was unknown.

I was surprised to learn that noxiousdog was the Crewman randomly selected for Access, that his Access was Computer (and hence useful before his death) rather than Lab, and that he had chosen to scan me). I was outed by our Day 1 bandwagon victim. What are the odds?

On the first day, we pegged Remus as a simple Crewman, since he pretty much proved that he was during the rules discussion. I thought Kelric was susceptible to being framed, but didn't know what to make of him. LordMortis had gone to such pains to make obvious that he was a simple Crewman that I figured he must be a Special posing as a Crewman. In particular, I thought he might be the Science Officer. That's why we rubbed him out on Night 1.

We were torn over whether to kill him, a suspected SciOff, or to kill Caine, a suspected Captain. We also wondered who might be protected. In the end, we chose LordMortis-the-suspected-SciOff to prevent him from scanning noxiousdog's body, in order to buy me some space to spin noxiousdog's outing of me. We figured that if Caine looked Captainy to us, he probably looked Captainy to the Security Guard, too.

Our Night 1 strategy was as follows: Since the results from the night Computer and night Lab come in only after the killing and BBS postings, the only human who would have anything worth saying on the BBS was the Captain. We decided that each of us would send a message pretending to be the Captain, but each saying something different to hide the collusion. The goal was to add noise to the real Captain's signal.

I, as parker, pretended that I had scanned Caine and had found him Husky. (I chose Caine because of our Day 1 suspicions, and because folks would find it easier to vote him down in view of the previous day's near miss). Mr Bubbles as Captain claimed to have scanned Kelric and found him Husky. tru1cy as Captain claimed to have scanned Remus and found him Human-- an easy guess that might build confidence in tru1cy's logon name.

Luck of the draw, Caine's BBS message, if any, didn't make it through, and my parker message accusing Caine did. (I never did figure out whom Caine had scanned on the first day-- it was someone who would "make a good target" and who is "one of our most talkative crew members and someone who usually dies in the first 1/3rd of the games." Who was that, Caine?).

Targeting Caine on Day 2, we suspected he might be the Captain, but the rapidity of Kelric's vote against me at daybreak led me to think he was a special-- possibly the Captain or SciOff. By the time Caine died, I had pretty much convinced myself that one of our other suspects-- Kelric or possibly Orinoco (whom I persistently read as CommPartner to gbasden) -- was more likely the real Captain, so I was surprised to learn that my message faking Captainhood and accusing Caine had gotten through, that Caine was in fact the real Captain, and that he had chosen to scan me. Thus was I outed by our Day 2 bandwagon victim. What are the odds?

With the BBS at dawn on Day 2, I had figured out that hudson must be Padre, and had figured out that johner must be Caine, Genghis, or Newcastle (in increasing order of likelihood). Because Padre had immediately followed parker even though Padre's a pretty analytical player, I figured he must be the Traitor. pr0ner's rapid willingness to believe parker marked pr0ner, in my mind, as a simple Crewman. gbasden's rush to vote me down led me to believe he was a Special-- probably Comm.

I drew some correct but unimportant conclusions. I also drew some incorrect but important ones. In addition to mistakenly thinking Padre was the Traitor, I thought elgyn was Trikane and that Trikane was possibly the Android. I was shocked on day 3 when Padre turned against me, and genuinely surprised when I realized (before his Comm-ing out party) that Trikane was our secret ally.

Anyhow, after Caine's death-bed accusation of me, I figured we needed to score a hit on a Special, and Kelric seemed like the most likely target. I thought he might be Science or even that Caine might've lied and that Kelric might've been the real Captain. I didn't suspect that Kelric was the Android; I figured that was Trikane, or possibly Newcastle.

I can't clearly recall our BBS strategy for Night 2. I was stuck playing parker-as-Captain, so I did that. I think Mr. Bubbles and tru1cy pretended to be Androids. I chose to confirm pr0ner because I was pretty sure he wasn't a Special, and wanted to keep him voting with me, if possible, while we railroaded a Day 3 bandwagon victim.

Day 3, and Kelric was missing (and I had missed the significance of that fact). We planned to roll with whatever punch came up on the BBS. Imagine my surprise when, like my Day 1 bandwagoning target, pr0ner had also received random (Lab) access and was prepared to authenticate Caine right off the bat! Meanwhile, my message endorsing him was the only Husknote that had made it through the filter. What are the odds?

My only move, barely viable, was to milk the parker/pr0ner paradox for whatever it was worth in an effort to turn the crowd against pr0ner and leave 'em wondering about parker. The effort failed, but not before flirting with success. In truth, though, with those three unanticipated strokes of anti-Husk luck (nox's scan of me, Caine's scan of me, and pr0ner's scan of Caine when I had targeted nox, Caine, and pr0ner), I knew there was no way I was going to survive.

That's when I whipped up my I'm Hicks-the-Android story. I did that on the assumption that the Android was still alive. I had no inkling that we had already killed him in Kelric. My goal was to cast doubt on any future logon names that claimed to be the Android, to prop up the real Hicks (who was, I figured, the Traitor), and to watch for reactions to my ruse, in case the real Android's response to my lie tipped his hand.

On my deathbed, I figured Newcastle was acting more Androidish than anyone else, and felt confident-- though I was mistaken-- that Genghis was the Security Officer.

That's all I know about the Husky tactics. I wasn't in on the choice to kill Padre, but I'd be interested in learning what the rationale was, and in hearing any other ideas that influenced choices in the game!

Wacky atmosphere, Chaosraven!
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

rdm wrote:I attempted to impersonate newcastle in my BBS postings, hoping it would protect him and leave me alone. It pretty much went unnoticed I think though.
It didn't go unnoticed.

I saw that johner was using run-on sentences and dodgy capitalization. I looked back through prior posts to determine who might type that way, and came up with the shortlist of Caine (not so much), Genghis (yes), and Newcastle (yes).

Genghis was the real johner, but I figured Newcastle was johner.

So then, when drake (you) posted to the BBS and the style was similar, I concluded that drake must be Genghis. Your emulation of Newcastle actually anchored my notion that Genghis=drake so strongly that I went ahead and dropped a bunch of hints in the thread that I (as Android) has scanned Genghis and discovered him to be the Security Officer!

If I had pegged Genghis as johner in the first place, I'm sure I would've taken your drake to be Newcastle and would've made him as Security.

Good work, rdm!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Mighty kind of ya there RDM to protect me via your postings. Didnt think I would need it. I just looked over the PM's that Orinoco and I sent through the course of the game, and ya know who our primary suspects were: RDM, Truicy, Trikane, and Mr. Bubbles.

I thought initially that RW could have been a husk and this doubt did linger through a good part of the game. I even though the fight that RW and Grund had when GRund was going down was "staged" because Grund could see the writing on the wall in terms of two people outing him.

In terms of Truicy, for me he first popped into the thread acting bewildered...saying "has this game started". When clearly it had. Then a few other things through the course of the game raised my eyebrows (and am sure orinoco's) i think the big thing was his voting toward RDM when Grund was going down. In addition he tried to give some weak defenses toward Grund when the evidence itself was pretty damning.

As far as Mr. Bubbles...his lack of posting was extraordinarily evident and screamed for attention. His silence was peculiar, at least from my perusals in other games. He did come on and say he lacked the desire to play the games. However, when his name was mentioned or something relevant was happening, he would pop in quicker than spit.

Trikane, can't recall offhand why we suspected you. I think you made orinoco's list.

This being my first game was interesting. I guess I was lucky in that I was partnered with Orinoco who gave me a quick rundown on folks and their behaviors. It would have been a lot more difficult to lean to play i think solo.

Also in terms of the communications showdown on the second to last day (in game). We at first had decided to stay in the shadows. Then Orinoco decided to come out. When I checked the boards, i saw him saying;....."I declared". I looked over the thread a bit and saw that things were getitng heated. I didnt want to reveal myself yet. The first and main reason was I still wanted that protection and serve as a type of trusted person for the crew. But also the more the picture was distorted for the husks, the harder it would be for them (in terms of choosing victims). I also realized this was a burden on the crew. As the debate heated up, the conclusion was drawn that I had to come out. In fact early in that day, I knew that i would have to come out and admit who I was before the day was over (I didnt mention this to Orinoco till a few hours later). In the PM's with Orinoco, I told him that I would vigorously defend his decission for me remaining in the shadows. I really wanted to draw out the discussion as much as possible, to get a better feel for people and see if anyone else would come to bat for orinoco. The drawing out of the that choice worked a heckuva lot better than we had anticipated with Trikane stepping out and admiting that he was the 2nd Comm officer after I had declared.

Also Grund was high on my list of potentials simply for the nature of who he is. If he survived longer than day 3 in my mind he would most likely be husk material.

Anyway was a fun game thats for sure. I think the lack of solid information (ie the knowing if you killed a husk or crew) was the single most hardship i thought of in the game. In addition though I had the advantage of knowing how you guys played the game, and you folks didnt know how i played.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Secret Events Revealed:

Message From Beyond the Grave:
If the Android is attacked by the Husks and the Science Officer is still alive, he will be given the body. He may reveal himself to Allow One Final Post by the Android.

Capture and Imbed:
If loginids Dallas and Brett are killed by the Husks, their bodies will not be found. They have been implanted and will reveal one officer per night cycle to the Husks (rather than become Husks which would become obvious when they show back up alive)

Jonesy:
In the event that the Security Officer is the last officer alive, the Traitors name will be given to him, and vice-versa.

The first event took place.
The second was squashed when the Crew executed loginid Dallas
The third was far off, as the deaths were Crewman, Crewman, Captain, Android, Husk, Crewman, Husk, Crewman, Husk. Leaving alive 3 other officers other than Security.

Honestly I wanted to have some If/Then Events in there but figured to expound upon these three in the base setup would have created twenty pages of questions. I think I'll leave those out in the future.
"Where are you off to?"

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Newcastle wrote: As far as Mr. Bubbles...his lack of posting was extraordinarily evident and screamed for attention. His silence was peculiar, at least from my perusals in other games. He did come on and say he lacked the desire to play the games. However, when his name was mentioned or something relevant was happening, he would pop in quicker than spit.
I have to tell you Newcastle that was total conicidence. I didn't pay attention to when I posted and was sick and busy most of the time when we were playing.. Hosting some guests at my house.. So it would have been that way even if I was innocent, but none the less people read into that and I got tagged.. Not much I could have done about it since hosting.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grund, as far as Caine's clue to who he had scanned, I thought that was why you guys had killed Kelric as I was certain that was who he was refering to. I don't know if that is accurate though.
Caine

Post by Caine »

i scanned remus night one. i scanned grund because he was an obvious target and would make a good bad guy. something about the way he voted for me in the 2nd round sounded fishy, so i had to be sure. yup, i made the captain's post to hide in plain sight. my reasoning was that noone would expect the captain to make himself visible and try such a tactic. i also figured that most people would look at that post as being in line with my usual manner.

i didn't reveal remus as i knew it would narrow the bullseye over his head if he was a trusted party. i'm glad my hints pointed to kelric, as i no reason to suspect him of anything, and it helped muddy the waters around remus. one of remus's greatest attributes is his innate ability to sound guilty, even when he's not. :twisted: it always makes him look like the next in line to be lynched, and therefore the bad guys leave him alone. in every game i have played in or followed, he's suspect as soon as he posts "in"

good game guys.
WRecently WRisen from the gwave.