[WW]Do Overlords Dream of Electronic Sheep - Replicants Win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Damn, I missed LM's choice. I withdraw my vote for Zurai and instead I vote for Caine.
"There is a reason people around the world eat bugs. That reason is lack of choice." - Remus West
Got a Logitech G15 or G13? Check out my plugin: http://linkdata.se/lcdsirreal.html" target="_blank
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

edit - to remove a vote
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

I'll go with the proven trust bloc and vote for caine.

I wasn't around yesterday because I had a monster D&D session (6pm til 3am).

As for my "case for non-replicanthood", if I'd withdrawn my vote for FTWalker and placed it for tru1cy, FTWalker would have lived and tru1cy would have died.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

actually now that i think bout it, am removing my vote for caine...based simply on the fact that FTWALKER voted for him.. not sure who to place it with now.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I think for some odd reason, i want to vote for Kelric or Cesare. Dont know why, i think maybe my gut is telling me something. Who knows, will see what the morning brings.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Newcastle wrote:actually now that i think bout it, am removing my vote for caine...based simply on the fact that FTWALKER voted for him.. not sure who to place it with now.
Did FTWalker die before or after we speculate that they recruited their 4th? It's likely that FTWalker wouldn't have known about since I think he died before they did. If so, who he voted for is pretty much irrelevant.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Newcastle wrote:I think for some odd reason, i want to vote for Kelric or Cesare. Dont know why, i think maybe my gut is telling me something. Who knows, will see what the morning brings.
I'm with you. They are definitely on my ... suspicious ... list. But, that's all it is at this point. Suspicious. I'm not informed enough to change my vote.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

setaside wrote:Why pr0ner over LM's choice of Caine?
Because we know something about Caine (he was accused by FTWalker), whereas we know nothing about pr0ner.

[edit to remove bold from Caine's name in the quote. that could be confusing.]
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

caine

lets see if he a replicant!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Sorry, I had a beastly work schedule and missed the deadline...

Caine - 5 votes (LordMortis, SirReal, Setaside, Zurai, Newcastle)
pr0ner - 2 votes (Kelric, Cesare)

They hung him from the Flagpole in front of Kingdom Hospital. The DNA proved clean... Caine was NOT a Replicant.

IT IS NIGHT
THE BLADERUNNER MAY PROTECT/HUNT
THE DOCTORS MAY VK
THE REPLICANTS MUST CHOOSE A VICTIM
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Chaosraven wrote:Sorry, I had a beastly work schedule and missed the deadline...

We should also get a list of non-voters at the end of the day.

Anyway, I guarantee at least one replicant voted for Caine. That's all I'm saying.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Yes you should. Caine vote:
2.Kelric - pr0ner
3.Trikane
4.Newcastle - Caine
6.Mr Bubbles
7.Caine
10.Zurai - Caine
11.SirReal - Caine
13.pr0ner
14.setaside - Caine
15.cesare - pr0ner
16.LordMortis - Caine
1.FTWalker - Replicant (Retired)
5.st_dysan - Night Victim
7.Caine - Day Execution
8.Grundbegriff - Night Victim
9.tru1cy - Day Execution
12.Silky - Day Execution
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Cesare wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Sorry, I had a beastly work schedule and missed the deadline...

Trikane
Caine
Mr Bubbles
pr0ner

That's a lot of no votes.

I don't understand the vote for Caine by LM, though I can understand the bandwagon of people following Mortis on it. As Cesare said, we knew more about Caine than pr0ner at that point and unless Mortis was lying when he had no way of knowing whether or not either or both were guilty, his guess was pretty much as good as anyone else's.
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

Sorry have been away for a few days, am catching up on thread now. I see we lost Grund and that he was a Doc. Double-whammy there.

We are in serious trouble unless we get some luck flowing our way. LM any suspects?
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Kelric wrote:
Cesare wrote:

Trikane
Caine
Mr Bubbles
pr0ner

That's a lot of no votes.

I don't understand the vote for Caine by LM, though I can understand the bandwagon of people following Mortis on it. As Cesare said, we knew more about Caine than pr0ner at that point and unless Mortis was lying when he had no way of knowing whether or not either or both were guilty, his guess was pretty much as good as anyone else's.

I don't think LM was lying, he just picked something and everyone else followed (for the replicants, they must've been psyched). Someone else also pointed out that FTWalker had tried to frame Caine. I don't think LM looked at the thread again, or if he did, he wasn't swayed by our argument.

We should have made a louder petition to LM to change his vote.

[edit: wtf. can someone tell me why firefox sucks and seems to be misreading the "/" in any post I make on the intarweb?]
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Don't follow me. The more diverse we are in our voting, the more we can learn about the people around us.

I have no suspicions. I'm pulling names out of a hat. I already fear the game is lost as there, quite frankly, are no good fingers to point. I'd continue to rail on the silent ones but with only one mistake left, I assume we are lost.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

When the sun grimaced behind the haze above the city, one pair of eyes (though open) did not see it. LordMortis had shuffled off this mortal coil.

IT IS DAY

2.Kelric
3.Trikane
4.Newcastle
6.Mr Bubbles
10.Zurai
11.SirReal
13.pr0ner
14.setaside
15.cesare

Nine remain. Majority is Five.

1.FTWalker - Replicant (Retired)
5.st_dysan - Night Victim
7.Caine - Day Execution
8.Grundbegriff - Night Victim
9.tru1cy - Day Execution
12.Silky - Day Execution
16.LordMortis - Night Victim
"Where are you off to?"

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Well....

Fuck.
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Yeah. Fuck.
Had only LM's plan of getting the docs in touch worked, we would have had a good shot. Also, I'm inclined to think some of those who signed up for this trip didn't bother to stay on it.

Well. I guess it's back to voting time. I think pr0ner was next on LM's list. This is all a crapshoot anyhoo. I think all of the specials are dead now, there's only replicants and soon-to-be victims...
"There is a reason people around the world eat bugs. That reason is lack of choice." - Remus West
Got a Logitech G15 or G13? Check out my plugin: http://linkdata.se/lcdsirreal.html" target="_blank
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Well damn.. I'm back in town, but now all the loudest voices have been silenced. Thats no good. But dont' we still have one doctor left. If we do thats still our best bet, but as far as getting use the information or coming out I don't know, now with LM Grund and gang dead.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Stop. Wait.

Before we go hanging pr0ner for not being here, may I suggest that at least one of the replicants voted for Caine. The replicants are clearly playing.. they're here and paying attention.

Personally I suspect Zurai and Setaside at this point.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

May I ask why you suspect me?
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

I agree it is possible that one of the replicants voted for Caine, but it is also very possible that NORMALS followed the only logical path, and followed the "Proven innocent" block. I dont' think we can use that as a basis for suspects as it is far too likely that anyone innocent may have done what they felt their only option was, and voted along with the people that have been "proven" innocent.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Well that definitely sucks that we were wrong about Caine and that we subsequently lost LM.

I apologize for my mostly non-existant participation. My motivation just isn't here right now. I'll follow the thread and vote with the majority to keep the game moving but that's really all I have to offer.

Except that if we really do only have one more mistake left, then please please please do not execute me. It's wasted and will result in our demise.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Our "proven innocents" are Trikane and (I believe - anyone contradict?) SirReal.

Newcastle is a "suspected innocent" since he claims to be a cop and no one has disputed it.

We have to assume there are 3 replicants still remaining to kill. There are currently 9 'people' remaining. Assuming we don't find any more replicants, that leaves us with:

TODAY:
lynch innocent (down to 5 innocents, majority still 5)
innocent slain at night (down to 4 innocents, majority 4)
TOMORROW:
lynch innocent (down to 3 innocents, game over)

Assuming we get a Replicant today, that gives us:

TODAY:
lynch replicant (6 innocents, 2 replicants, majority still 5)
innocent slain at night (5 innocents, 2 replicants, majority 4)
TOMORROW:
lynch innocent (4 innocents, 2 replicants, majority still 4)
innocent slain at night (3 innocents, 2 replicants, majority 3)

Either way, we basically only have one "oopsie" left.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

[quote="Cesare"]Stop. Wait.

Before we go hanging pr0ner for not being here, may I suggest that at least one of the replicants voted for Caine. The replicants are clearly playing.. they're here and paying attention.

Personally I suspect Zurai and Setaside at this point.[/quote}

I was actually gonna vote for setaside this time around to be honest.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Cesare wrote:Stop. Wait.

Personally I suspect Zurai and Setaside at this point.
Trikane and SirReal have been cleared by Mortis as innocent. Nobody should vote for them. At the same time, nobody should blindly follow them as neither is the doctor as far as we know and their guesses are as good (or bad) as anybody else's.

Newcastle's claim of a cop hasn't been challenged, but that isn't sufficient to make my mind up of his innocence. I probably will not be voting for him any time soon however, due to his actions as explained further down.

That leaves Bubbles, Zurai, pr0ner, setaside and Cesare. Despite Cesare having voted along with me for pr0ner, that proves nothing in my opinion with his strong assertion that a Replicant voted for Caine. That may be a ploy for the Replicants to figure that only one more mistake will win the game for them and as they most likely have three players left, they can afford to sacrifice one of them to make another one look innocent.

Even with that, I can't bring myself to vote for Cesare yet as getting rid of one of the more (recently) vocal players in a game full of quiet ones doesn't make any sense to me when my suspicions are not entirely in their corner.

I have to say that pr0ner, setaside, Zurai and Cesare are my suspects right now. Neither Newcastle nor Mr. Bubbles are as suspicious as those other four. In the FTWalker vote, Mr. Bubbles, Newcastle, SirReal, Trikane and Zurai all voted to kill FTWalker. Everyone who voted for another player is dead, several non-voters are still alive (pr0ner, setaside, Cesare and myself - though I had voted for FTWalker but withdrew when Grundbegriff withdrew). One to has to imagine that at least one Replicant and possibly two (IIRC the math said they had not yet gotten a 4th member, but I may be wrong and don't want to research that right at this moment) restrained from voting for FTWalker.

The Replicants can survive non-communicative members much easier than can innocents. Both pr0ner and setaside did not vote for FTWalker for whatever reason(s) (inactivity or abstaining or not voting because one (or both) is a Replicant, I don't know) and their inactivity in the public arena of innocents has been harmful to the innocent team as a whole. All of this puts pr0ner, setaside and Cesare at the top of my list alone now. I've already stated I don't think I can vote for Cesare today, so that leaves either proner or setaside again.

I'm going to go with my original vote from yesterday and say pr0ner.
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

I can clear Newcastle as a cop, as I was the other one. We had laid a trap that did not get sprung, and I think now is the time to clear him in case I do not see the sunrise tomorrow.

Sorry Newcastle for not consulting you first, but I may be away and wanted to get you cleared before I left. People are going to need to know they can trust you.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Trikane wrote:I can clear Newcastle as a cop, as I was the other one. We had laid a trap that did not get sprung, and I think now is the time to clear him in case I do not see the sunrise tomorrow.

Sorry Newcastle for not consulting you first, but I may be away and wanted to get you cleared before I left. People are going to need to know they can trust you.
Well then that leaves us with a slightly larger trust base if Newcastle can confirm your identity. I guess every bit helps, but having so many people who aren't participating I'm afraid will lead to replicant victory by proxy.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
setaside

Post by setaside »

Which would mean that st_dysan was most likely the other doctor. Ugh.

Which also means every guess from here on out is pure speculation. I'm not sure what else I can do to convince anybody here that I'm innocent other than to offer myself up for verification.

I promise you that if pr0ner is the one that is tested today and he proves innocent, my testing will give the replicants the victory. If you absolutely have to waste a test on me, do it now, this turn. And I'm very very serious about this.

With what we now know, 3 of these people must be assumed to be replicants. 3 of these people must be assumed to be innocent.
Kelric
Mr Bubbles
Zurai
pr0ner
setaside
cesare

My own suspicions at this point rest on cesare and pr0ner. And my reasoning is admittedly weak. pr0ner already has suspicion cast on him. cesar seems to be the one defending pr0ner the most.

That's really all I got. Take it for what it's worth, which isn't much. I'll just reiterate that if I am truly suspected, hang me now, this turn, while there is still one mistake that can be made by the innocents.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Trikane wrote:I can clear Newcastle as a cop, as I was the other one. We had laid a trap that did not get sprung, and I think now is the time to clear him in case I do not see the sunrise tomorrow.

Which means st_dysan was the other Doctor, which really hurts us. We have no way or proving anyone's innocence other than execution/murder. :doh:
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

Pr0ner works for me.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

yeah trikane was the other cop, yeah tried to do a little gamesmanship, not simply to lay a trap, but if you think bout it a bit, you will understand why.

ANyway, sorry for the deception guys. But yeah, most likely we have no doc at this moment in time. So we are all just lambs to the slaughter.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

setaside wrote:My own suspicions at this point rest on cesare and pr0ner. And my reasoning is admittedly weak. pr0ner already has suspicion cast on him. cesar seems to be the one defending pr0ner the most.
Actually, I was one of the two people who voted for pr0ner yesterday, and I defended Caine. But your misdirection is interesting.

The fact that you've tried to railroad me before immediately puts you on my list. On this day you first tried to plead for us not to vote for you, threating our "demise", then you suspiciously changed tactics and offered to be killed. Since no one was seriously threatening you at that point, I think you're trying to earn some citizen credibility by offering to fall on the sword, a la tru1cy. You keep popping in and saying "Hey guys, I was away.. what did I miss?" like you were a Scooby Doo villain or something.

Then there's a pattern of behavior that, alone, doesn't necessarily mean anything, but given how little we actually know, it's something:

You were suspicious of Grund. You voted for silky. You didn't vote for FTWalker, repeatedly insisting you needed more evidence while being careful not to actively defend him. You voted for tru1cy. You voted for Caine. You've been an active player but have given the impression that you haven't been around or been paying attention, which I think is more misdirection.

I vote for setaside.

I'm not sure, of course, and I still want to vote for pr0ner just for not participating, but think about it. The reason the pr0ner bandwagon (of which am still an active participant, fwiw) was started was because we didn't know anything. Doing a little digging today I realized Setaside has acted against the interests of the humans every single time. I encourage everyone who's voted already to think about this. Go back and look at the history if you have to. I'm not sure, but we can't afford to get this wrong again and by setaside's own words, we should hang him tonight if we're going to do it at all.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Wow interesting. So we have the cops who are the only proven innocents now. I think this is a first in a long time. Definitely feel like this game is a crap shoot now. I need to think about this one hard because we're not gonna get anymore names to narrow the field. Only death will tell who is who.
Bertrand Russell
Trikane

Post by Trikane »

Im sold. Change my vote to Setaside.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Setaside

I was mulling over wether to vote for him or not.

I think at this moment in time, it would be instructive if we looked back on the thread and try to find voting and behavior patterns. One might even look for the lack of collusion in certain points, for am sure the Replicants would be busy to try to prevent any connection being made between one another.

My vote also for Caine was based upon the hope that he (LM)was bluffing about being in contact with Grund (the Doctor who had been killed), but he was telling hte truth. Ah well

edit: for clarity
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

I'm convinced as well. I just hope you've convinced us of the right path, Cesare.

setaside
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

setaside I hope we're not wrong.
Bertrand Russell
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

That's five.

SirReal - pr0ner
Kelric - pr0ner
Trikane - pr0ner
Cesare - setaside
Trikane - changes to setaside
Newcastle - setaside
Zurai - setaside
Mr. bubbles - setaside