[WW]Do Overlords Dream of Electronic Sheep - Replicants Win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:
Remus West wrote:When we did the last Lars game, Crux ended up getting lynched as our last mistake simply because he had been so quiet. Always kill the silent first has been my mantra ever since. Even if I feel certain I am killing a silent innocent in the first round I would rather they die then be around to make me wonder later.
I second guess myself too easily there. That's why I like the bantering and moving around and don't really like charges much less leading them. The best game for the citizens is the bluffing game where votes bring someone on the verge and then pull them off so after the fact you can watch how they act and react. If they aren't protecting their own, great, then they aren't influencing the vote. The best you can hope for in a random game. If they are influencing the vote then hopefully they will give tells. This also goes for game discussion as well. By allowing players to remain silent you are allowing people to hide thier tells.
Which is why you kill the quiet ones first. The Alien game when people moved votes from one silent to the other until folks appeared wwent very well for us as it forced participation from all. I do not advocate piling on as many votes as possible on a silent one but spreading them around the quiet and moving on when the player begins contributing. If they can not be bothered to say "hi I'm here" in the first round (which is pretty much all you get that round without the first kill/scans) they can not be counted on to pull their weight later.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I had hoped that with me jumping on the FTWalker bandwagon early that would have deflect a lot of the suspicion.
It did.
The non participants I think really lost the game for the innocents. The accuasations were pretty far off except this one
setaside wrote:Your reps are one of Cesare, Bubbles, Zurai or Kelric (who might be trying to deflect away from himself.)
I was irrelevant by the time he said this, but the extent to which this game was confusing is made clear by the fact that when setaside said that, I discounted it because I suspected him.

BTW-- in case it's not clear-- st_dysan died on the first night because I VKd him and the Replicants evidently tried to recruit him at the same time. The odds of that coincidence were tiny compared to the chance that he was a Special, and yet he was not. It's worth bearing in mind, in future games, that the "unlikely" does not mean "impossible"!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:Which is why you kill the quiet ones first. The Alien game when people moved votes from one silent to the other until folks appeared wwent very well for us as it forced participation from all. I do not advocate piling on as many votes as possible on a silent one but spreading them around the quiet and moving on when the player begins contributing. If they can not be bothered to say "hi I'm here" in the first round (which is pretty much all you get that round without the first kill/scans) they can not be counted on to pull their weight later.
I think not only is that a valid opening but it's a valid persistant way to play. I just end up feeling strange when I do it because inevitably some innocent is going allow themselves to get slaughtered and this actively hurts the cause whether I think what I am doing is reasonable or not.

The problem is that by not going with your guy you are left late game absolutely no feeling and very little knowledge about what is right or what is wrong. I start playing mental game with myself. The silent should get hung as useless. Therefore the wolves should not eat the silent. Therefore the specials should hide amongst the silent and only protest their deaths when chosen. There the silent should not be hung as useless. Therefore the wolves should hide among the silent. Therefore we should hang the silent to pimp wolves.

Ideally we get at least one vote a round from every player and at least two posts of some sort thoughts on the round, even if they are to say "I got nuthin'." The game IMO should give the wolves a constant feeling of paranoia or impending discovery. That's what the game does. It seems designed to take a situation where they wolves inherently have the reasonable advantage but in order to press that advantage, they risk losing it.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

LordMortis wrote:I just end up feeling strange when I do it because inevitably some innocent is going allow themselves to get slaughtered and this actively hurts the cause whether I think what I am doing is reasonable or not.
It wouldn't be an issue if people would quit signing up for games they don't intend to play.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grundbegriff wrote:BTW-- in case it's not clear-- st_dysan died on the first night because I VKd him and the Replicants evidently tried to recruit him at the same time. The odds of that coincidence were tiny compared to the chance that he was a Special, and yet he was not. It's worth bearing in mind, in future games, that the "unlikely" does not mean "impossible"!
No kidding. I had no idea y'all considered such a st_dysan a huge player tacticly. I had never played with him before. The strategizing turned out to by identical as if he were a doctor anyway as we slit Silky's throat the next day. :oops:
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Freaky... I bandwagoned pretty much all my votes. The only two votes I did by gut feeling were... FTWalker and Zurai. :shock: Both of which I then retracted when a wagon came along. :doh:
"There is a reason people around the world eat bugs. That reason is lack of choice." - Remus West
Got a Logitech G15 or G13? Check out my plugin: http://linkdata.se/lcdsirreal.html" target="_blank
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Whom did Silky VK?

I VKd st_dysan, LordMortis, SirReal, and Cesare(VK aborted by my death).
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

SirReal wrote:Freaky... I bandwagoned pretty much all my votes. The only two votes I did by gut feeling were... FTWalker and Zurai. :shock: Both of which I then retracted when a wagon came along. :doh:
Bandwagon = bad. You voted. You voted often. You did good IMO. Of course my opinion sucks, but you can't please all of the peapods all of thyme.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grundbegriff wrote:Whom did Silky VK?

I VKd st_dysan, LordMortis, SirReal, and Cesare(VK aborted by my death).
After I died a little birdie told me that he was doctor and another little birdie apon finding this out told me he VK'd you. So coming forward probably wouldn't have helped our cause except to turn away our hanging him for one turn, forcing the replicants to do our dirtywork for us. I might have protected him that night instead of you. I'm not sure. But being a doctor that was known at that poine, he would then have been ironically right and dual scanning me with you would have been less benefial as we would be dead with no more information to feed you before he died.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

LordMortis wrote:and another little birdie apon finding this out told me he VK'd you.
But didn't he have two VKs? He VKd me the first night. Whom did he scan instead of you?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grundbegriff wrote:
LordMortis wrote:and another little birdie apon finding this out told me he VK'd you.
But didn't he have two VKs? He VKd me the first night. Whom did he scan instead of you?
He didn't. He got hung, didn't he? Or is my hallucinatory memory taking over again?
Silky

Post by Silky »

To Grundbegriff
Silky wrote: By the way my fellow human
Best I could do without getting him killed. The way things snowballed it was the best I could do. Sorry that I was not more of a help in the game. I felt that coming forward as the doctor before I had enough votes to convict me was a bad idea. I felt it an even worse idea after I had enough votes to convict me with everyones tag line after the vote of "Will be back in a few days due to Christmas".

On the second night I scanned LM but got lynched.
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Silky wrote:To Grundbegriff
Best I could do without getting him killed. The way things snowballed it was the best I could do. Sorry that I was not more of a help in the game. I felt that coming forward as the doctor before I had enough votes to convict me was a bad idea. I felt it an even worse idea after I had enough votes to convict me with everyones tag line after the vote of "Will be back in a few days due to Christmas".

On the second night I scanned LM but got lynched.
'

Sorry it got snowballed. That's never my intention even though I did have more belief that you were replicant than anyone else at that point. I hate to see steam rolling. You learn so little about the game that way.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Probably no ones fault more so than mine. I should have never posted anything the entire time apparently. SirReal jumped on me pretty good for suggesting if a cop was killed his partner should come forward. Perhaps that was a stupid suggestion at the time but I just didn't see it that way.

BTW congrats to the replicants!
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Grundbegriff wrote:REPLICANT4 = Cesare or Mr Bubbles I'd choose one of these if I were a skinjob
[/code]

I correctly guessed that Mr Bubbles wasn't initially a Replicant and included him among the two I'd have recruited at that point. However, Cesare became much more active in the game and I figured incorrectly that that was a sign of his having been chosen. For that reason, and because he always seems sneaky and evil, I let Mr Bubbles off the hook.
My choice was between Cesare and Bubbles, but went with Bubbles as Cesare might have been the more obvious choice for me to have followed.

Zurai explained the FTWalker bandwagon. We didn't want him to die, which is why I removed my vote when Grund did, but we had accepted that he was probably going to. I, at least, felt like we could replace one of us with our 4th Replicant and not miss a beat. It worked out, as no other Replicant was in serious danger for the rest of the game despite myself and Zurai drawing various accusations from several people and even Bubbles getting paid attention to. Luckily, Cesare also started posting on the same day that we recruited Bubbles so focus wasn't entirely on Bubbles.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Silky wrote:To Grundbegriff
Best I could do without getting him killed.
Yeah. I also saw you say something like "both of you, though I suspect at least you would understand" or something along those lines. I figured it was meant to be understood as a hint, but I thought you were playing me. Alas.

Y'know what? I've been blaming you for not VKing LordMortis, but what with the holidays and all, I had actually forgotten that we strung you up before the night when the Doctors were supposed to converge on the Bladerunner.

I've been falsely accusing you; sorry about that!

So then, is this how things went?:

Code: Select all

Night 1
 Silky VKs Grundbegriff
 Grundbegriff VKs st_dysan
 LordMortis protects himself
 Replicants kill st_dysan

Day 1
 Citizens execute Silky

Night 2
 Grundbegriff VKs LordMortis
 Replicants attack Grundbegriff
 LordMortis saves Grundbegriff
 LordMortis VKs Trikane

Day 2
 Citizens execute FTWalker(Replicant)

Night 3
 Grundbegriff VKs SirReal
 LordMortis protects SirReal
 Replicants recruit Mr Bubbles

Day 3
 Citizens execute tru1cy

Night 4
 Grundbegriff VKs Cesare(NO TESTING)
 Replicants kill Grundbegriff
 LordMortis protects Kelric?

Day 4
 Citizens execute Caine

Night 5
 Replicants kill LordMortis

Day 5
 Citizens execute setaside

Night 6
 Replicants kill SirReal

Day 6
 Citizens execute Cesare, losing the game
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Silky wrote:I should have never posted anything the entire time apparently.
If you made a mistake, it wasn't in posting; it was in posting stuff that made it seem as if you were against the humans. ;)
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Silky wrote:SirReal jumped on me pretty good for suggesting if a cop was killed his partner should come forward.
But but... you're so bouncy!
"There is a reason people around the world eat bugs. That reason is lack of choice." - Remus West
Got a Logitech G15 or G13? Check out my plugin: http://linkdata.se/lcdsirreal.html" target="_blank
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Congratulations replicants. I do want to apologize for my lack of activity at the begining, holidays and all, and real life stuff.

Anyway, yeah i think the inactivity hurt us a lot (myself included). I was really grasping at straws a lot of hte time. Mr. bubbles being able to succesfuly innoculate himself with the FTwalker vote helpe dhim out immensely. At no time was Kelric on my radar, and i think Zurai was on it briefly.

The only play i made which seems obvious to others, was claiming to StDysan being hte second cop. The primary reason was to protect LM, for we believed he was in contact with the Doc. We also assumed that Stdysan was a doc who got knocked off, since it was none of the cops. Also, was meant to kind of create confusion amongst the replicants thinking there was a second doc, when in actuality there was 1. That was the main thrust of why I claimed st dysan. If we lost LM as the mouthpiece of the doc, we would have been royally screwed. Trikane though let the cat out of the bag earlier than i thouhgt. I didnt think a Replicant would claim to be the pair of cops, so if they had that would have been a bonus.

Good game all, was fun as usual.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Newcastle wrote:Also, was meant to kind of create confusion amongst the replicants thinking there was a second doc, when in actuality there was 1. That was the main thrust of why I claimed st dysan.
That much, at least, worked. We were trying to figure out who the other doc was - we were suspicious of Cesare because he seemed absolutely positive that "one of the replicants voted" and narrowed it down to me or setaside. We were thinking that he was a doctor trying to make it known that he'd scanned me without coming all out. He was actually slated to be the next executed until he pushed for setaside and Trikane came out and basically confirmed to us that the other doctor was dead (we still had no gaurantee, but it was a pretty safe bet).
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Zurai wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Also, was meant to kind of create confusion amongst the replicants thinking there was a second doc, when in actuality there was 1. That was the main thrust of why I claimed st dysan.
That much, at least, worked.
In that respect, at least, the Cops and Doc/BR (accidentally) cooperated. LordMortis and I also decided to try to leave the impression that the second Doctor was alive.

Of course, we did it in part because we believed that he might be....
FTWalker

Post by FTWalker »

I'm glad I was of some use :lol:
This being my first game of this type, and it also being my first "live" RP game in almost 20 years :shock: , I figured that I screwed things up royally. Apologies all around. At least I had a couple of teammates that turned that setback into a viable strategy.
You have my thanks.

BTW: I'd like to try again sometime. If I do, please don't be cruel :)
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

You did fine. In fact, all the newbies did fine. It was the oldtimers who were stymied.... :/
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Grundbegriff wrote:You did fine. In fact, all the newbies did fine. It was the oldtimers who were stymied.... :/
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Zurai wrote:
That much, at least, worked.
In that respect, at least, the Cops and Doc/BR (accidentally) cooperated. LordMortis and I also decided to try to leave the impression that the second Doctor was alive.

Of course, we did it in part because we believed that he might be....

Was hoping also that the Doc and LM would see through the bluff that i put out, and cooperate... glad telepathy is alive and well.
setaside

Post by setaside »

I apologize for acting all replicant-like. I honestly have had an extremely hectic time recently with work deadlines, holidays and car troubles. My head just has not been in the game here for a few weeks now.

I had no motivation to get caught up on the thread after being away for a couple of days so I just followed LM. Mistake maybe but I was pretty well positive that he was who he said he was and I knew that I was innocent so I just threw my votes behind him. :cry:
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

setaside wrote:I apologize for acting all replicant-like. I honestly have had an extremely hectic time recently with work deadlines, holidays and car troubles. My head just has not been in the game here for a few weeks now.
Man.. sorry for rounding up the pitchforks on you. I totally thought I had made a breakthrough when I reviewed the voting record. :D

If you look at participation per day and voting record, you were actually around fairly often, around the average for this particular game. In fact, you voted more often than I did.. I actually thought you'd throw that back in my face when i accused you.

The replicants just played well. When I suspected you and Zurai, it turned out Zurai had voted for FTWalker and I let him slide. To be honest, even if I had continued down the Zurai-is-guilty path, I'm not sure I would have found any further proof of his guilt. The replicants were like teflon.. and though Kelric claims to have been spear-heading the bandwagon, he was playing just under the radar. He played as if he were unsure and generally followed the (bad) leads of the citizens.. same as almost everyone else. And part of those bad leads can certainly be attributed to me. :)

GG all.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Cesare wrote:The replicants were like teflon.. and though Kelric claims to have been spear-heading the bandwagon, he was playing just under the radar. He played as if he were unsure and generally followed the (bad) leads of the citizens.. same as almost everyone else. And part of those bad leads can certainly be attributed to me. :)

GG all.
Well, I tried to spearhead by pushing one way or another. Maybe a better way to put it would have been trying to steer from behind the scenes?