counter-strike: xbox vs pc online?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

shaggydoug

counter-strike: xbox vs pc online?

Post by shaggydoug »

Ok,

This seems like its not possible but one of my cohorts swears it is true. He has Half-life 2 Counterstrike for the PC. He says people in his online games are using xboxes (I'm assuming with something like xbconnect). Is that even possible? One would think the systems would be different enough (considering you can even patch the PC game) that it wouldn't work.

- shaggy

<edit>please excuse me if this should be in the console section of the forum. It's involves a specific title on a pc at least</edit>
The Meal

Re: counter-strike: xbox vs pc online?

Post by The Meal »

shaggydoug wrote:<edit>please excuse me if this should be in the console section of the forum. It's involves a specific title on a pc at least</edit>
FWIW, I'd leave this thread in either of these two forums as I think it fits fine in both. That said, I'd think the console guys could probably give a better answer to this, especially if it requires some bizzare piece of hardware or mod chip. I doubt folks with a PC bent would know about that stuff unless they had overlapping knowledge bases, in which case they'd probably be reading the Console Forum too. :P

Good luck. Sounds to me like you're getting your leg yanked, but I'm pretty clueless about this stuff.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

well...it's likely those x-box players are gettin their asses handed to them.

dont see how a gamepad xbox could even remotely compete with twitch based keyboard/mouse.

unless of course all the mouse/keyboard players on the server suck...
ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

HL2 isn't out for consoles, CS:Source isn't either. There is a version of counterstrike available for XBoxes, but it's based off of Counter-Strike Condition Zero, and isn't playable with the PC version of it.

It's certainly possible to have console players and PC players playing the same game, and I seem to remember that it's been done before. But it hasn't been done with Counter-Strike.
\/\/olverine

Post by \/\/olverine »

Since it is a Vs. thread, I'd have to say the CS: Source smashes the Xbox version :lol: