HL2 Gman sightings...spoilers

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

HL2 Gman sightings...spoilers

Post by Daehawk »

I hear you catch glimpses of the Gman during play but Ive not seen him once. Im in the part where Im driving the buggy and Im now up on a railroad bridge thats blocked by energy fields. Should I have seen him at least once or more?..If so where?

Please keep it to Gman spoilers plase..i have'nt finished the game.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There's a house early in the buggy levels in which there is a telescope mounted. Look through the telescope and you will see him talking with a fellow across the bay. The fellow he is talking to is the English commander who gives you the rocket launcher later on.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hmmm I did look through a scope once across the bay..saw a guy up on a lookout and some others milling around...did'nt know what the meaning was..guess I just missed seeing him. DOH!
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

I think you glimpse him at the beginning of Water Hazard, far away. I'd have to go play again to check exactly where.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I remember seeing the telescope, a TV, and a billboard all with Gman. I'm only at the end of the strider level (on the rooftops).

The telescope one was cool, as it pans you catch a glimpse of him but when it pans back he is gone.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
msurby

Post by msurby »

There are at least two places to see him during "Water Hazard".

1) Outside the Red Barn during the first part of the stage. This is the barn with the two zombies inside and where you can go up in the rafters to release some goodies.

2) On the dam right before "Black Mesa East". He is over by the shorted out sluice (I think that is what you would call the drainage gates) control.

My favorite is the telescope during "Highway 17". That one is just cool.
A candy-coated clown they call the Sandman...
qp

Post by qp »

Yeah in water hazard in an old barn/boathouse type building, you see him walkaway (a part where you can go into that barn and up into the rafters to try and drop a large crate suspended over the water)
Game developer in Port Hope, Ontario
Five Archers Corporation
@FiveArchers on Twitter!
Andrew Wonser

Post by Andrew Wonser »

Ah, so he has retractable metal claws that punch through his flesh, just like a real wolverine.
Right, just like a real wolverine.
Ah, and his metal retractable claws can easily cut through hardened steel, just like a real wolverine.
Just like a real one, exactly.