Rye Bread Sucks

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Does it?

Yes. We should cleanse the Earth of this vile pestillence.
43%
No. I feel my right to breed should be revoked.
57%

Total votes: 49

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Hope it folds out into a preschool....
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Grundbegriff wrote:The only thing better than rye is pump, and the only thing better than a Reuben is a Reuben with beer.
This is a wise man. You should listen to him.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
rrmorton

Post by rrmorton »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Hope it folds out into a preschool....
LOL. The damn thing doesn't even fold. We needed something that could collapse into a taxi cab trunk but the $700 model didn't even do that. Though it did have nice shock absorbers and a brushed aluminum chassis.

It was just a bit of pre-fatherhood temporary insanity that had me even considering that purchase. But for once I made the right call.

In conclusion, rye bread is yummy.
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

You guys gotta stop blaming your dislike of caraway seeds on the innocent rye grain!
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

Kratz wrote:You guys gotta stop blaming your dislike of caraway seeds on the innocent rye grain!
Noted.

It is, in fact, caraway seeds that are the root of all evil... I have been unfairly casting a wide net that encompases the rye grain in the blame for the ills of society. While rye's participation in the unholy union of vileness that is Rye Bread shan't go unpunished... I shall be fair and just in recognition of it's meritorious service in the field of Vodka.
My blog: Chimpanzee Tea Party

"Osama Bin Laden can suck my insouciance." -Kung Fu Monkey
yossar

Post by yossar »

Kratz wrote:You guys gotta stop blaming your dislike of caraway seeds on the innocent rye grain!
Do they make rye bread without the seeds? I'd eat that.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

yossar wrote:Do they make rye bread without the seeds? I'd eat that.
Yes, but it's tricky to find on account of the misleading name: "seedless rye".
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

That's what I hate. Bread made from rosemary. Yuck.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Not only does rye bread suck, but it is a vital ingredient in the most anti food ever. The Rueben. Sourkraut, Rye, Corned Beef, and 10000 island. 1000 islands is the closest thing to a food on that concoction and is at least tolerable on BigMac or lightly flavoring a seafood pasta salad. The rest are the worst excuses to pass themselves as food that I kind think of. It's like choosing all the ways to suck on sweaty smelly feet and making them into a sandwich.
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

yossar wrote:
Pumpernickel is rye bread w/o seeds (well, maybe sometimes it has seeds).
MHS

Post by MHS »

Kratz wrote:
yossar wrote:
I thought pumpernickel was dark rye? And I've seen everything from seedless rye to lightly seeded, so if it's only the seeds that bother you people, you can't complain anymore.
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

MHS wrote:
Kratz wrote:
yossar wrote:
I thought pumpernickel was dark rye? And I've seen everything from seedless rye to lightly seeded, so if it's only the seeds that bother you people, you can't complain anymore.
The seeds are hard to spot... so I reject all Rye bread products as a precaution.
My blog: Chimpanzee Tea Party

"Osama Bin Laden can suck my insouciance." -Kung Fu Monkey
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

MHS wrote:
Kratz wrote:
yossar wrote:
I thought pumpernickel was dark rye?
Yes... perhaps my statement was misleading - Pumpkernickel is rye bread, and it has no seeds... better?
yossar

Post by yossar »

Grundbegriff wrote:
yossar wrote:Do they make rye bread without the seeds? I'd eat that.
Yes, but it's tricky to find on account of the misleading name: "seedless rye".
That is a tricky name... How common is it? I've never actively looked for it but I can't recall ever seeing it at the grocery store. Pumpernickel I have had and I think it was pretty good.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

The only thing that I find that I like better than rye bread is everything.

Rye bread is so vile that when I was given it as a child (when I had no dietary control) after one bite I'd spend the next 10 minutes trying to manufacture enough spit to cleanse the 'taste' from my mouth.

There are a few foods in the world that, when encounterd, are instant meal dealbreakers and rye tops the list.

I used to try to pick the seeds out when I was a kid but inevitably I'd miss some and my taste buds would suffer immensely.

Vile, vile thing, rye bread.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive