Forum Weirdness II - missing "new post" flags

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Odin

Forum Weirdness II - missing "new post" flags

Post by Odin »

At some point in the last day or two, the forum has stopped displaying for me the little orange flags symbolizing that a new post has been made in a thread since the last time I visited it. I've tried closing my browser and logging out/in, but they haven't come back yet.

Not a big deal obviously, but since there's already the odd behaviour with getting logged out, I figured I'd mention it in case they're related.

Sith
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

Have you tried wiping out your cookies yet? Or maybe just deleting any cookies that reference pcgamesforum.com or brutesquad.net?
Odin

Post by Odin »

Good idea. I'll try that and post the results.
Odin

Post by Odin »

Update - I have a browser window open that I don't want to lose, so I haven't yet deleted my cookies and rebooted to wipe everything clear...

but the flags now randomly appear and disappear when I'm browsing the forums. Sometimes they're there, sometimes no. The good news... I haven't had to log in again all day, so that problem seems to have gone away for me.

Sith
Rip

Post by Rip »

Sith Lord wrote:Update - I have a browser window open that I don't want to lose, so I haven't yet deleted my cookies and rebooted to wipe everything clear...

but the flags now randomly appear and disappear when I'm browsing the forums. Sometimes they're there, sometimes no. The good news... I haven't had to log in again all day, so that problem seems to have gone away for me.

Sith
Sounds like it may be oscillating between cookies. A cookie flush would definately be a good idea when possible.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Odin

Post by Odin »

If the last hour is any indication, then clearing the cookies seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!

Sith