Am I a bad person?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Did you kill her mother and rape her cat? then NO.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Clanwolfer

Post by Clanwolfer »

godhugh wrote:Why don't yall just NOT answer the phone? Is caller ID such a rare thing? That way you don't abuse someone who's just trying to do their job and probably hates it more then you do and you can't say "They violated my house!".
Well, for example, I answer the phones for a volunteer organization. I have to take every call that comes in. We have 4 lines, and since volunteer organizations are "exempt" from the do-not-call registry, I've had as many as 3 marketers stacked up, taking up space for, you know, nurses that need to fucking help people. If I had time to abuse them, I gladly would, but it's unfortunately more important to take legit calls than it is to chew out the bastages who call us without figuring out that we're a volunteer organization.

Did I mention that our 4 lines have adjacent numbers, so if I get a call from an autodialer, I get it 4 TIMES?!

My $0.02.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Mr. Fed wrote:I wouldn't be one to throw the first stone on this.

However, since you asked:...
Anyone remember the story ghoul told on GG about harassing telemarketers? I believe he had the cops show up at his door one day.

Good story, though.

I rarely have to deal with telemarketers, because I never answer the phone. I'm not a "phone-talker" so any calls that come in are for my wife. Unfortunately, we just moved and it took over a week to get our phone working (F-ing Verizon bastards!). The first two calls were both telemarketing calls - the number was only a few hours old! :shock:
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

godhugh wrote:Why don't yall just NOT answer the phone? Is caller ID such a rare thing? That way you don't abuse someone who's just trying to do their job and probably hates it more then you do and you can't say "They violated my house!".
I don't have a phone with caller ID. If I get one, maybe I'll do just as you demand.

What I have learned to do is hang up if the person on the other end doesn't respond immediately.

I also get an inordinate number of calls from people asking for a "Carmen Placentia." Apparently this Carmen Placentia had about 8 billion friends and they are all too dumb to tell one another that Carmen's number has changed.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

You've been a bad, bad, boy...

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

SuperHiro wrote: I found out a disturbing amount of men from the south have no problems openly admitting that their wives primarily bought all their clothes.
Ha. That's funny about the wives buying the clothes. Pretty shameful, really. The only person that buys my clothes is my mom.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

$iljanus wrote:You've been a bad, bad, boy...

ooohhh... erotic ;)
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Ha. That's funny about the wives buying the clothes. Pretty shameful, really. The only person that buys my clothes is my mom.
??? Anyone who wants to buy me clothes is alright in my book. The one thing worse than lawn care is clothes shopping. I'm all about having a wife do that sort of thing for me. Have at it. Of course I'd still be wearing clothes from 20 years ago if I still fit in them. Wardrobe generally is not that important to me.