Bloodsucking Freaks - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Archinerd wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
El Guapo wrote: Wait, are you implying that if the villagers vote to stake a sibling, they also stake the other sibling? That wouldn't make sense. "We're convinced that he's a vampire! And since we're staking him, we might as well stake his brother too!"
That's how the brothers work. They can't live without each other and so the non-staked brother commits seppuku. Or something.
I didn't realize this. This made Grunds move even more risky...
Less actually as he had someone to vouch for him. If Genghis AND Chaosraven had come forward he would have been trusted. Additionally I did not think him a Vampire even on day 1.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Yeah, Ralph I had fun with this game. Some tweaks to the rules would certainly be in order.

Grund when are you running another Cassandra's Crossing? :D

Think I might have to run a game myself. I've been thinking of a few themes and I think I have one narrowed down
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Does anyone else think that it's not a coincidence that the villagers won handily in the one game where Chaosraven didn't make long, detailed strategy posts?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Does anyone else think that it's not a coincidence that the villagers won handily in the one game where Chaosraven didn't make long, detailed strategy posts?
:lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

oh remus, you had stated earlier in the post mortem you and genghis had suspected me...why might i ask?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

BTW, any role that can prove themselves beyond doubt the way both the Hunter and the Ventriloquist could are very powerful in their own right. They should both be tweaked. I think the day kill power for the Hunter useful but think you either need to make him leave after killing so he essentially advances the game a day OR make him unable to take one with him in the night. The Ventriloquist losing his ability if outed could be good as well since hinting to much will get him eaten.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:oh remus, you had stated earlier in the post mortem you and genghis had suspected me...why might i ask?
I'll have to get back to you on the specific post but when we were PMing we both thought you might be a risky contact. It was not so much that we felt you were a Vampire just that you were a much higher risk to be one than other choices. For me it had to do with the voting patterns of the first day.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Newcastle wrote:oh remus, you had stated earlier in the post mortem you and genghis had suspected me...why might i ask?
That was an intresting game. When I contacted Grund night 1 I was really hoping that he would be protected. When I also hit Chaosraven I figured it would be really funniy if night 1 the vamps got 3 kills if we weren't protected.

The main thing about the PV in this game is there were alot of people acting very vampy. It is much easier to die as the PV than a normal villager.

The reason we thought Newcastle might be a vamp is we figured 1 vamp would be vocal, one silent, and one in the middle. You were being rather silent. The first contact for that night was going to be Baron of Hell, so when you killed him I chose you.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle, the thing that made you look Vampy to me was that everytime your name was called you were right there to answer and then you staked Kraegor who I had been working hard to prove was being railroaded (he was :lol: ). Combine that with the Vamp pattern that Genghis and I talked about that he just mentioned and you looked questionable.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Genghis - yeah yours was a suicide mission. And to be honest we were tryin to figure out who the PRV was and also the seer. But the PRV foremost.

I was just curious more than anything else. I tried to participate when i thought best to do such. Interesting though, interesting.

And remus, man, i hated all that jerking you gave me to get me to participate. It worked for you though.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

tru1cy wrote:Grund when are you running another Cassandra's Crossing? :D
Soon!
Think I might have to run a game myself. I've been thinking of a few themes and I think I have one narrowed down
That'd be cool.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

The other problem I had was attempting to get information to Grund chaosraven and remus after meeting with them. I didn't want to be too obvious, and some of the posts felt like I was pointing a big glowing neon sign over my head.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Genghis wrote:The other problem I had was attempting to get information to Grund chaosraven and remus after meeting with them. I didn't want to be too obvious, and some of the posts felt like I was pointing a big glowing neon sign over my head.
Part of the problem there was that Chaos didn't know you had replied already, and I couldn't tell him during the day. As a result, he was trying to goad you into responding, which prompted you to be more obvious.

Night-PMs only can be tricky for coordination.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Genghis wrote:The other problem I had was attempting to get information to Grund chaosraven and remus after meeting with them. I didn't want to be too obvious, and some of the posts felt like I was pointing a big glowing neon sign over my head.
Part of the problem there was that Chaos didn't know you had replied already, and I couldn't tell him during the day. As a result, he was trying to goad you into responding, which prompted you to be more obvious.

Night-PMs only can be tricky for coordination.
I think that aspect is very fair though since the Bad guys have to do the same thing.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:And remus, man, i hated all that jerking you gave me to get me to participate. It worked for you though.
Speak or be killed. :D Its my new motto for these games. I do not expect everyone to post as much as I do in these things but you have to make sure you have something to make judgements about people later.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Yeah honestly I felt the same way. But sure enough the posts where I laid hints seemed to go unnoticed. So you'll be suprised what you can get across.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Oh i agree remus, i do agree you need something to make judgments, even if the person was not saying much. Ah well, was fun, and in all honesty it was quite amusing to watch the days develop and the accusations fly back and forth. And also coupled in with the fact that I was a vampire, and as I said that was a whole new role to me and also in terms of mentality as well.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Mr Bubbles wrote:But sure enough the posts where I laid hints seemed to go unnoticed.
Not so. See above, Mr. Spew-mouth.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:Speak or be killed. :D Its my new motto for these games.
So what are the time-tested tactics that have been proven worthy over all these games?

Certainly Press, and if necessary kill, the unproductive, quiet players is one.

Perhaps Seers should scan people who are likely to survive and likely to be obscure deserves note.

What else?
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

Grundbegriff wrote:Perhaps Seers should lynch people who are likely to survive and likely to be obscure deserves note.
Quoted for posterity.
:lol:
"There is a reason people around the world eat bugs. That reason is lack of choice." - Remus West
Got a Logitech G15 or G13? Check out my plugin: http://linkdata.se/lcdsirreal.html" target="_blank
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

SirReal wrote:Quoted for posterity. :lol:
Whatever do you mean? :oops:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:Press, and if necessary kill, the unproductive, quiet players is one.

Perhaps Seers should scan people who are likely to survive and likely to be obscure deserves note.

What else?
Much as I like both, only the first can be a true plan. For the second to work it means the bad guys can not subscribe to the same idea. If you are the Seer and I am a bad guy (well, aside from killing you asap) if we are targeting the same type of players I am also negating you. Who the Seer targets needs to be done on a game by game basis. He needs to decide during the day who he thinks is unlikely to draw the attention of the Mob in the near future as well as who will not be drawing the attention of the Bad guys. I like the starategy but it is easy to counter. Lynching the quiet, while usually not netting a bad guy, removes the "what about this guy" confusion at the end game in which the bad guys tend to hide.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I have been thinking up a Battlestar galactica WW game.

I hadn't had time to come up with much today but what I want to do is post a few characters and let everyone add or edit the characters and then we can think of rules.

I'll start a thread shortly.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Additonal Note: Final Guesses on Last Vampire by Soon to be Dead Brothers- Grund : pr0ner, Chaosraven : Lars (due to requests for PrV)

Man you have no idea how much it hurt for me to keep acting like that in public and NOT post actual strategy stuff

(btw RW - screw the both of you)

Someone asked about my fixation with EDITS...

...no, not all Editing is suspicious. Grund usually puts together charts. Remus and Mortis usually fix spelling errors (often, actually), and others have their reasons.

But the GuapoDC post with the "confused about the rules" in this game could have disappeared.

As everyone reads the posts, the Bad Guys (in games where they are allowed to during all 24hrs) may see something their partner said and go, Whoa, WTF are you thinking?

Many players *will* and *should* examine what they are about to post with preview and think as an innocent... "does any of this look suspicious"

So by editing, sometimes the Bad Guys are hiding their fuckup.

And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Is we dones? Can I goes backs to the caves?

Yes, thank you for your help, Chaosfeld-Gollum
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:El Guapo ? Seems trustworthy and rational and human
awwwww, shucks, man. That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me.

edit #2: in fact...