World of Darkness-Game Over- Kindred Win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Genghis

Post by Genghis »

I still think it was the right thing at the time to do was to come foward as the priest. It just didn't help that half the people were not paying attention or reading all the posts. I lost count of how many times it was requested by people to have the hunter shoot people after we had proven pretty much that he was dead. Had Austin been able to insert himself as the priest it would have turned out just as bad.

What amazed me is after Smutly was proven to be the mage, and Austin a Vampire, that no one remembered that it was austin and remus begging for the "real mage" to remain hidden.

And Smutly I did not come forward to back you up. A good reason that you were not taken seriously is you kept bring up asking to be shot, when everyone that was paying attention knew that the hunter was dead.

There was 1 or two people that asked while I was still alive who I had protected, first night I didn't protect anyone, and second night I protected myself. Third night I was going to protect Austin to stop the conversion, but the village didn't take me up on the offer.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Grundbegriff wrote: Here's the most important principle I've learned about these games by playing them: reason trumps hunches eight times out of ten.

Sometimes a hunch pays off; more often than not, it has a blinding effect. Identifying evidence and drawing valid inferences from it always pays off, one way or another.
Thanks for the compliment there Grund. Do appreciate it.

Also will agree with Grund on that. And in all honesty, it is really fun to watch Grund in action. I mean this as a compliment, but you can be a bull in a china shop (i know its not as eloquent as any other analogies am sure i can think of). But the compliment is there. It's really amusing to watch him charge in one direction...draw back, then all of a sudden charge down a whole different another path.

And yes I will agree that reason does triumph in these games, you have to kind of figure out where folks are coming from, and what patterns they establish. Hence am sure the reasoning behind Grunds charges. Which they do provide useful information.

I think also though Grund, people take your lists and charges at face value. I honestly think folks have become superbly dependent on you in these games; it's not really a matter of shutting down the frontal lobe, but rather a dependency that has been established.

As far as being overpowered. I think if one thing overpowered it was either the siring ability or the ability to know what the targets true identity was before sending in the kill order. But on the flip side of that, if there had been more people in the game, i dont know if it would have been overpowering. But it does feel good to be on the winning side.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I wanted the Vampires to be powerful, but if I run this game again I see where I will fine tune the rules.

The Humans could have won this game easy. Day two should have been where they won this game
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

tru1cy wrote: The Humans could have won this game easy. Day two should have been where they won this game
They should have, but not because of the game balance. We just got extremely lucky to have correctly scanned two vampires in our first two turns.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Genghis wrote:
What amazed me is after Smutly was proven to be the mage, and Austin a Vampire, that no one remembered that it was austin and remus begging for the "real mage" to remain hidden.
This isn't quite true. I was puffing up my chest claiming the mage would be stepping forward at any time to clear me. I was begging for smut... er the mage to come out and confirm my story. ;) Remus played off me and requested the mage stay put. Krash agreed and Remus attached himself to Krash's apparent innocence.

I tied myself to Grund as best I could. I never claimed to be simply laying out clues, I claimed to be laying them out for Grund. Stupid Grund didn't pick up on them. Thanks a lot Grund for hammering on me, the priest. I can't belive Grund missed this and that. If I had to, I was ready to go back to Grund's list and point out that he even had me separated from you two on his vampires list. (Troublesomely vampy or something)

I did the same thing in the last game as an innocent to prove my innocence. I pointed out where Grund had picked up on and responded to a hint I had left. He didn't and hadn't but it worked anyway. (Although I thought he might have been leaving me a clue on that one.)
Krash

Post by Krash »

Austin wrote: ...and Remus attached himself to Krash's apparent innocence.
For some reason, this threw me. I was about to leave work and I wanted to show some support to Smutly, but I didn't have time to really look into it, so I was going to make a brief post how we should pay more attention to Smutly.

Then Remus attached himself to me and made that long statement about the responsibility of being a known innocent and all that junk and for some reason I held back.

That's when I made the post that "we really need to look at this, but I'm not saying which way I'm leaning in case my innocence incorrectly influences others to vote my way".

Pfft - I went to my kid's t-ball game and by the time I got back that night, Genghis had majority. I was sooooo ticked at myself for listening to Remus and YET, I did not pursue him. I was more focused on McNutt for pushing a charge against Genghis and he didn't even vote for him. Talk about having the blinders on.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis tells me that due to this game I have condemned myself to an early death in future games regardless of guilt or innocence. :(

Will you never trust me again?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:LordMortis tells me that due to this game I have condemned myself to an early death in future games regardless of guilt or innocence. :(

I hear they are hiring spin doctors in Washington DC, might want to apply for a position, Mr. Murky Waters.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:LordMortis tells me that due to this game I have condemned myself to an early death in future games regardless of guilt or innocence. :(

Welcome to the First Day Party, m'lad
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Krash

Post by Krash »

Krash wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:And it's in light of that fact that it makes perfect sense for Grand Master B to withhold his power until the opportune moment.

The fact that nothing dictates otherwise-- including the odds-- is what makes Remus's first early-morning post so odd and uncharacteristic.
Well, there's a good chance that one of you three (CR, RW, Grund) are, in fact, a vampire. (Well, we know it's not Chaos) I would think if one of you were a vampire, you would either 1) sire one of the other two since it seems you guys have the most experience (in the limited games I have followed) and you guys would be able to play off one another OR 2) get rid of the other two as quickly as possible.

Since, no one was sired last night, it is very conceivable that RW or Grund could have killed CR, so if we were to lynch RW and he was found innocent, I think even more suspicions would fall on Grundbegriff.

Then again, they could both be innocent and we could be overthinking this. Plus, someone has to be lynched, right? I just hate to lynch Remus after he died the first night in the BSG game. I can see why you guys play every game because you don't stay long in any of them. :wink:
I made this statement after Grund accused Remus - what was I thinking?
(BTW - RW was Remus when I wrote this)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:He has never been a hard target to get a bandwagon rolling against.
You have, though. Let's see whether we can change that trend.
This was my personal favorite post of this game. Made me laugh and cringe at the same time. :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:He has never been a hard target to get a bandwagon rolling against.
This was my personal favorite post of this game. Made me laugh and cringe at the same time. :lol:
I don't get it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
I don't get it.
Made me laugh because it was a bit of an off hand compliment saying I was difficult to get bandwagons rolling against. Made me cringe because I was quite sure I had given you enough ammo that you would have been able to do it rather easily.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:I don't get it.
Made me laugh because it was a bit of an off hand compliment saying I was difficult to get bandwagons rolling against. Made me cringe because I was quite sure I had given you enough ammo that you would have been able to do it rather easily.
Ah. I thought you were folding a joke into this. Yeah, I guess people take you as trustworthy by default. You're sort of the Anti-Bubbles.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Ah. I thought you were folding a joke into this. Yeah, I guess people take you as trustworthy by default. You're sort of the Anti-Bubbles.
And now it has been replaced. :lol:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Remus West wrote:
And now it has been replaced. :lol:
Pfft.. You have been and always will be untrustworthy. You're no better then Chaosraven!
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Pfft.. You have been and always will be untrustworthy. You're no better then Chaosraven!
Not true, I do not spout endless theories covering every possible combination then point to the correct one at end game and say "if you had only listened to me". :x :lol:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:Not true, I do not spout endless theories covering every possible combination then point to the correct one at end game and say "if you had only listened to me". :x :lol:
*sigh*

That is especially inappropriate in a game where I was murdered most heinously first night. shame on you Mrs. Bubbles.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I play more on hunches and guesses than logic. I think it's a more fun way to play the game. Lynch mobs don't always use logic. :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:Not true, I do not spout endless theories covering every possible combination then point to the correct one at end game and say "if you had only listened to me". :x :lol:
*sigh*

That is especially inappropriate in a game where I was murdered most heinously first night. shame on you Anti-Bubbles.
fixed.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote: *sigh*
That is especially inappropriate in a game where I was murdered most heinously first night. shame on you Auntie-Bubbles.
fixed.
fixed.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Damn it, I refuse to be the mock woman of the werewolf games. :lol:

Kelric is young enough, he might be able to pull off the skirt.of course if he actually pulls if "off" he will want to keep an alert eye on Chaosraven to avoid any "mishaps"
Austin

Post by Austin »

Just FYI, the vamp forums will be removed at some point. Likely when the next game begins. I'll be killing the whole subdomain. For you archivists, you have been warned.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I'm disappointed that you guys are using my name as an insult.. Im shocked and appauled.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Remus West wrote:Damn it, I refuse to be the mock woman of the werewolf games. :lol:

Kelric is young enough, he might be able to pull off the skirt.of course if he actually pulls if "off" he will want to keep an alert eye on Chaosraven to avoid any "mishaps"
We already know you're CR's bitch, so don't bother fighting it. Just go with it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kelric wrote:
Remus West wrote:Damn it, I refuse to be the mock woman of the werewolf games. :lol:

We already know you're CR's bitch, so don't bother fighting it. Just go with it.
LordMortis is Chaosraven's mistress. Just ask Chaosfarie, she'll tell you.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Remus West wrote:
Kelric wrote:

I believe you.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kelric wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Kelric wrote:

I believe you.
And yet somehow he thinks she's cheating on him with me and I am convinced that Dean is the father of his children. I don't think you can trust any of the Chaos family.

I'd also suggest that he is dating you much more often than me and that I'm just an excuse he uses with CF so he can see you.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Don't fight girls, I love both of you.

:twisted:
"Where are you off to?"