Please Ignore the Remodelling (WW Fallen 3)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Austin

Post by Austin »

Chaosraven wrote:
Austin wrote:I agree on the witch though.
I think I want to use the above at this point.

Allows for the Witch to become Light (reverse Elder)
Limits both Silence and Witch no NonConsecutive.

What do you guys think?
Looks good to me.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

revised
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:1 Dark Traitor Witch - may choose a player and negate their power for the duration of that phase.
SPECIAL NOTE: IF THE WITCH CURSES A LIGHT PLAYER, SHE WILL BE ADDED TO THE LIGHT TEAM, INCLUDING PM ABILITY
If the Witch curses a light player and thereby enters into communication and conspiracy with the Lights, is the Light target of the Witch nonetheless cursed for that cycle? Or does the Witch remove the curse when an ally is discovered? Or does the curse simply not affect allies of the Witch?
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I haven't read the rules and won't until the game starts, but I saw that signups had started.

So....

In
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:1 Dark Traitor Witch - may choose a player and negate their power for the duration of that phase.
SPECIAL NOTE: IF THE WITCH CURSES A LIGHT PLAYER, SHE WILL BE ADDED TO THE LIGHT TEAM, INCLUDING PM ABILITY
If the Witch curses a light player and thereby enters into communication and conspiracy with the Lights, is the Light target of the Witch nonetheless cursed for that cycle? Or does the Witch remove the curse when an ally is discovered? Or does the curse simply not affect allies of the Witch?
Also, if the Witch become a full on Light player like that will they then scan as Light rather than as Dark?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kelric wrote:I haven't read the rules and won't until the game starts, but I saw that signups had started.

So....

In
You shuld have. Rule number 1 reads "Kelric dies first."
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

revised
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I probably won't play but I have to say that I really like your variant on the witch. It totally kills not only the witch coming out and taunting the villagers but it also kills also the outing of specials which means the intrigue (which is really the purpose of the game IMO) is kept up longer as opposed to trying to force the game into end game ASAP. A game chauked full roles it generally ends up either with the bad guys waiting to spring an end game trap or with the village collectively solving a puzzle of proper moves. Either way the game moves in the direction of solitaire. One side often becomes a non entity.

I am not sure if I like the witch joining "the light" but that actually would depend on how many players you get. The proper balancce seems to be one per 7-9. Four out of 15-17 seems strong to me. But then, I believe the game should generally favor the villagers at least in feeling.

I didn't read the whole thread but how does the witch kill the siblings power? Is the kill held for the next night? Can the witch prephone in his choice?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

revised
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
LordMortis wrote:The proper balancce seems to be one per 7-9. Four out of 15-17 seems strong to me. But then, I believe the game should generally favor the villagers at least in feeling.

I didn't read the whole thread but how does the witch kill the siblings power? Is the kill held for the next night? Can the witch prephone in his choice?
Basic Game starts as 9 with 2 bad guys, doesn't it? It's always a question of How Much Power Gets Added to either side. I thought More Bad Guys was usually the Answer but the Powered Bad Guys seems to aid the Balance.

I don't understand your batch o' questions re: the Witch.
Let me take them for you then.

If either sibling is cursed by the Witch they will lose the ability to PM each other for the Night/Day of the curse.

The Curse last one Day/Night cycle. It does not continue into an extra time period.

Why would the Witch want to "prephone in" a curse when events might change the players mind about who needs to be cursed?
Austin

Post by Austin »

In if signups are going. It seems to be coming together. (training 3 today/tues so I'm not around much for suggestions)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In against my better judgement.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:Basic Game starts as 9 with 2 bad guys, doesn't it? It's always a question of How Much Power Gets Added to either side. I thought More Bad Guys was usually the Answer but the Powered Bad Guys seems to aid the Balance.
My bad. Though I will generally say that adding more power is what makes the games less competitive but more an excercize of setting up solitaire games. More and more power doesn't balance the game. It just changes the dynamics and makes the game more puzzley. Making the game puzzley is anything but balancing. That's what I like about the witch. The witch takes huge amounts of power away from both sides. While at the same time allowing him to collect information. He potentially finds a master if they don't make a kill that night. That's is an insteresting dynamic to me.
I don't understand your batch o' questions re: the Witch.
Remus West wrote:Why would the Witch want to "prephone in" a curse when events might change the players mind about who needs to be cursed?
Specifically because of the siblings. The Witch stopping their power 3/4 of the way through the night makes the witch stopping the siblings silly. The stopage also relies on Raven getting the message and then forwarding it, which takes even more time.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I will volunteer myself if you can't find enough. If you get enough I'll sit this one out due to crazies.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

revised
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

*nudge*
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Could this be it, has the WW variant game jumped the shark?

I'm thinking of joining, just not sure of how much time I'd have right now to put into the game.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lassr wrote:Could this be it, has the WW variant game jumped the shark?

I'm thinking of joining, just not sure of how much time I'd have right now to put into the game.
The Angel of Cool: Wears a leather jacket and can eliminate one player by declaring him Aaaaaaaaaay Not Cool.
Potsie Weber: Rich! Rich!
Ralph Malph: Come quick!
Richie Cunningham: What? Is there something wrong?
Potsie Weber: It's a shark!
Ralph Malph: The Fonz...
Richie Cunningham: Fonz got eaten by a shark?
Potsie Weber: He did? Who said that?
Ralph Malph: Not me! What're you talking about?
Richie Cunningham: Well, you just said "The shark..."!
Ralph Malph: Nooo! Listen! The Fonz is gonna jump *over* a shark!
Richie Cunningham: A shark? That is the *stupidest* thing I have ever heard!
Fonzie: Stupid, yes. Also dumb. But it is something I've gotta do.
Richie Cunningham: Fonz, you're not jumping over garbage cans on a bike. You're jumping over a shark. On nothing! On a couple of little skis! One little slip and chomp! Chomp! Chomp!
Fonzie: Thanks a lot for your support. Look, I was challenged. I gotta jump.
"Where are you off to?"

Krash

Post by Krash »

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

well, am sad to say this..but am no longer in, but out.

Obviously its no longer the cool thing to do, and quite passe. And in all honesty i cant be associated with things that are just plainly out of fashion.

/puts on his yellow jumpsuit

All seriousness, i do have to withdraw my name from this, since I am going to be moving here shortly, and doubt if i will be able to give this appropriate attention. Sorry CR.

/puts on his purple, star shaped sunglasses, and walks out.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

project is winding down. should have some spare time now.

I'll play.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

revised
"Where are you off to?"

Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Lassr wrote:Could this be it, has the WW variant game jumped the shark?

nah, Not a jump the shark issue.

I'd simply say not everyone has a "play every single game" kinda schedule is all. and I'm sure others simply have to take a break every once and again.

I was buried under a major project the past 3 weeks.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

revised
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:I think it'd be cool if some ran a 10 player, 2 normal bad guy, 1 normal seer, 1 killed first night, no variant stuff.
I have been thinking about doing that. Help bring the newbies in a little.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:I think it'd be cool if some ran a 10 player, 2 normal bad guy, 1 normal seer, 1 killed first night, no variant stuff.
I also had started working on a smaller game based on Invasion of the Body Snatchers but stopped when I saw Chaos had started a game. It had 10 or 12 players, 2 bad guys and 2 specials.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I also had started working on a smaller game based on Invasion of the Body Snatchers but stopped when I saw Chaos had started a game. It had 10 or 12 players, 2 bad guys and 2 specials.
I'm not working on a game, I was going to rip off the original. 11 players: 2 werewolves, 1 seer, 8 villagers. PMing allowed. No rules about what you can say when. Full on back to basics.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

revised
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:Well hell, go ahead and start one.

It'll probably be over by the time the signup finishes for this one :wink:
We shall see. Let the race begin. :lol:
Austin

Post by Austin »

Yeah, I've been holding off my game for a while. I figure there will be a nice lull at some point in the summer. I'm in no rush.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

If you need someone to play, I will. However, during the week I will likely be unable to participate during work hours... If you get someone else who wants to play before the game starts, bump me.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

*ahem*
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Ok count me in for this one.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Austin

Post by Austin »

withdraw Grundbegriff

Ralph Wiggum
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Play the game, play the game! Men of OO, of EBG, my brothers! I see in your posts the same fear that would lynch the best of us. A day may come when the courage of Innocents fails, when we forsake our forum games and delete all posts of Werewolf Variants, but it is not this day. A game of loss and spurious accusations, when the age of WW tumbles off the first page! But it is not this day! This day we play! By all those you wish to hang in this good Game, I bid you *play, Men of OO!*
"Where are you off to?"

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:Play the game, play the game! Men of OO, of EBG, my brothers! I see in your posts the same fear that would lynch the best of us. A day may come when the courage of Innocents fails, when we forsake our forum games and delete all posts of Werewolf Variants, but it is not this day. A game of loss and spurious accusations, when the age of WW tumbles off the first page! But it is not this day! This day we play! By all those you wish to hang in this good Game, I bid you *play, Men of OO!*
Watched LotR on TNT last night, did you?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

revised
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

revised
"Where are you off to?"

Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Revised wrote: Revised
Revised.

what the hell have i signed up for?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

No body is currently signed up.

Aw crap.

I could have just started a New Thread with New Rules, couldn't I?

Dang.

:oops:
"Where are you off to?"