Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Carpet_pissr

Re: Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:49 pm(memories of KOSS haunting me).
LOL
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

DWACW (warrants) up 2200%. Have some friends day-trading those. Absolutely crazy.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

TRUTH social already hacked. Probably won't affect DWAC.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:49 pm
pr0ner wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:24 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:18 pm Halted again up 240% at $33.94.

This is getting into "people may be betting the house" territory which is less comfortable.
The halt didn't last long. Just broke through $37.
Sold 40% at $47, remaining shares are free. Will see where this one goes (memories of KOSS haunting me).
I sooo wanted to join you (or really get in before you. CNBC announced this hours before open so I was watching and sitting there with all the cash just begging me to drop the price of a cheap car to hold those shares through lunch)

Apparently you could have also been +50% if you bought PHUN first thing this morning.
Phunware shares are trading higher, possibly in sympathy with Digital World Acquisition as traders circulate an article from May 2020 highlight a partnership between Phunware and the former Trump campaign.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Anthony Scaramuchi on CNBC giving scathing reviews of the DWAC announcement, Truth social media, and of Trump proper. Now I'm posting about this in three different threads. I want to take a vacation day and just watch this unfold. DWAC up to $90 pre-market. I so should have listened to my gut yesterday. Sadly, my gut is not exactly infallible.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:43 pm

Apparently you could have also been +50% if you bought PHUN first thing this morning.
Phunware shares are trading higher, possibly in sympathy with Digital World Acquisition as traders circulate an article from May 2020 highlight a partnership between Phunware and the former Trump campaign.
My plan yesterday was to buy PTLO but since it didn't start trading until 10 or so, got distracted by DWAC.

Will be looking for PTLO entry.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:55 am
LordMortis wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:43 pm

My plan yesterday was to buy PTLO but since it didn't start trading until 10 or so, got distracted by DWAC.

Will be looking for PTLO entry.
I have no Idea who they are or how investible they are but if I can get a good Itallian Beef sandwich in Michigan then I'ma start looking out for them.

Edit: Sterling Heights. Nope. Too far. :(
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

PHUN now. This is so stupid.

MYT
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

DWAC at $131.90.

Kill meme stocks with fire, please and thank you.
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:35 am PHUN now. This is so stupid.
That's what I was saying yesterday. People are dumb and I sooo should have put $11-12,000 yesterday for DWAC. I was really trying to warrant it and I just couldn't change my "gather cash" for the idea of unemployment mindset. The good news is that I stayed strong. Money had burning a hole in my pocket and going straight to TD ever since April 2020.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:43 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:35 am PHUN now. This is so stupid.
That's what I was saying yesterday. People are dumb and I sooo should have put $11-12,000 yesterday for DWAC. I was really trying to warrant it and I just couldn't change my "gather cash" for the idea of unemployment mindset. The good news is that I stayed strong. Money had burning a hole in my pocket and going straight to TD ever since April 2020.
I need to stop underestimating the stupidity of the masses. Today's jump is pure FOMO.

Still think taking 40% off yesterday was the right call but missed out on about $40K today.

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Is it halted at $131?

I still don’t understand how you’re playing this LB. You bought naked puts? Covered calls? Half-clothed gimmies? Modest pulls? :p
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:03 am Is it halted at $131?

I still don’t understand how you’re playing this LB. You bought naked puts? Covered calls? Half-clothed gimmies? Modest pulls? :p
I bought shares. Traded in and out under $20, current shares are around $19 average.

It's stun-locked right now, halting every time it comes off a halt.

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

80% of the volume is buying by Fed presidents. :p

“Previous close: $46
Open: $119”

Jesus.

Edit: lol, just looked at PHUN. Makes the above look like an index fund. Prev close: $1.5, currently $18.5
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

DWACW $50.22
DWAC $111
PHUN $11.09
PHUNW $11.10 (+2020.39% today after rising yesterday)

I saw it all coming since 06:00 yesterday and I totally missed it. :cry: I just don't have the tolerance for speculation (and loss)
malchior

Post by malchior »

Wait until the gloating about the best IPO (that is not an IPO) ever!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:49 am Wait until the gloating about the best IPO (that is not an IPO) ever!
Yeah, I couldn’t jump on the Trump cult train for even one stop, and this indirectly (though I wouldn’t be shocked to find out he orchestrated this to max out on such a predictable move)

The few comments I’ve read are of the “YES! We are right, (as shown by the share price) and the whole world will know it soon!” variety.

Scary thing is they aren’t wrong. To go a bit meta, even assuming that many or even most of the long buyers are not necessarily Trump supporters, the fact that so many believe that this will be YUGE speaks volumes about the support and power even non-believers think he has.

It’s a feeding frenzy on several levels, and will certainly be used to amp up the base even more than they are now. It’s justification, if you will.
Last edited by Carpet_pissr on Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I have zero regrets missing out on this insanity (or any of the Gamestop/AMC/Koss insanity from earlier in the year).
Hodor.
BrendaNicole

Post by BrendaNicole »

Spam, in its most basic form, refers to processed, canned meat.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:07 am I have zero regrets missing out on this insanity (or any of the Gamestop/AMC/Koss insanity from earlier in the year).
+1
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

TSLA going parabolic again... :horse:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:18 pm TSLA going parabolic again... :horse:
How damn many cars did Hertz order? and are they in line ahead of malchior?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:33 pm and are they in line ahead of malchior?
Don't push that button.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:33 pm
Hodor.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Apparently everyone is ahead of me. 100 days and counting. Lol. FWIW there were a lot of negative reactions from people waiting for Model 3s. As usual with anything Tesla, the information void has been filled with a complex Charlie (from IASIP) conspiracy white board trying to piece together when Hertz ordered and how it shafted a ton of people. Still great news and a shot of real legitimacy for Tesla.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:20 pm
Apparently everyone is ahead of me. 100 days and counting. Lol. FWIW there were a lot of negative reactions from people waiting for Model 3s. As usual with anything Tesla, the information void has been filled with a complex Charlie (from IASIP) conspiracy white board trying to piece together when Hertz ordered and how it shafted a ton of people. Still great news and a shot of real legitimacy for Tesla.
Well, legitimacy for Hertz, at least. :horse:

I haven't yet seen definitive info, but it sounds like it's 100k vehicles over the course of a bit more than a year. I have not seen when the first deliveries will/have happen[ed], nor whether it's a steady stream, a ramp, or what.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

GM down (-3.3%) in pre-market on earnings:

“blew past profit estimates for the third quarter and offered above-consensus guidance for the full year, but suffered a revenue miss.”

I’m holding HARD on any stocks I own suffering primarily from the chip shortage. Whenever that situation starts to correct, the companies are going to break out bigly. Especially ones like this that are firing on all other cylinders.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Meanwhile MSFT is crushing it after reporting earnings today.

My portfolio is a weird mix of two stocks up big, one pretty unchanged, and the rest down 1% or so.
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Looking like pr0ner pulled the trigger on F at the right time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/27/ford-to ... arter.html
The fourth-quarter dividend of 10 cents per share on outstanding common and Class B stock will be paid on Dec. 1 to shareholders of record at the close of business Nov. 19, the company said.
currently $16.89 pre market.

And there is so much pent up demand that this should continue for a while. I still don't get the valuation but I also still won't complain. As long as I have holdings and am not looking to increase them, this can go to the moon.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:44 am Looking like pr0ner pulled the trigger on F at the right time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/27/ford-to ... arter.html
The fourth-quarter dividend of 10 cents per share on outstanding common and Class B stock will be paid on Dec. 1 to shareholders of record at the close of business Nov. 19, the company said.
currently $16.89 pre market.

And there is so much pent up demand that this should continue for a while. I still don't get the valuation but I also still won't complain. As long as I have holdings and am not looking to increase them, this can go to the moon.
I expected the earnings. Divided is a nice surprise.

As for valuation, 20 PE works for me. TSLA is 350 and GM is 7.

Re: Hertz and TSLA, did Hertz say how they intend to pay for the cars? Are they going to finance?

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:28 pmRe: Hertz and TSLA, did Hertz say how they intend to pay for the cars? Are they going to finance?
Details are scant but it does seem to involve some complex deal making that included deals with Uber and Carvana. This is a big strategic play for Hertz and it seems brilliant after some digging in.

As to the financing, my baseline guess is this isn't too different from how the business works otherwise. They'll be expecting ongoing rental income to at some level match or exceed payments due on the cars and would maintain some reserve. It is a cash flow play.

Hertz is going to execute on that cash flow requirement by trying to maximize utilization. One way they'll do this is by making a percentage of those rentals available to ride share drivers on the Uber platform. At the end of a vehicle's fleet life Hertz willl sell them off through Carvana which should maximize price per car versus the mass auction model. It is a bit of a hedge play expecting high demand for used Teslas.

The other 2 players also get strategic benefits. Carvana gets brand awareness and may end up the defacto market leader for used Tesla vehicles possibly (though probably 2nd to Tesla itself). The Uber play is murkier but most likely they want to normalize the cost to drivers. It also greens up their brand.

At a meta level it isn't that shocking that one of these rental companies got the jump on a new business model. All of them essentially turtled up during COVID and it looks at least like Hertz used that time to cobble together a solid go-forward strategy. We will have to see how execution goes but it does seem pretty optimized financially/operationally if everyone delivers.
Hertz on Wednesday also announced a separate partnership with online used-car dealer Carvana Co, whose shares rose 3% in morning trade. Under the agreement, Hertz would reduce its reliance on mass auctions to offload used rental fleet vehicles and instead sell vehicles directly to consumers through Carvana's sales channels.

For Uber drivers, Tesla rentals will start out at $334 a week, including insurance and maintenance, and consist mostly of the company's Model 3 sedan. Uber said the rental cost would drop to $299 per week or lower as the program expands in the coming year.

Wednesday's deal represents Uber's most significant step so far in expanding the use of EVs on its platform. The company has vowed to operate only electric vehicles on its United States, Canadian and European platform by 2030, and worldwide by 2040.

But only a few ride-hail drivers can afford the higher EV sticker prices and in 2019, only 0.15% of all Uber miles in the United States and Canada were driven in electric vehicles, company data showed.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:08 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:28 pmRe: Hertz and TSLA, did Hertz say how they intend to pay for the cars? Are they going to finance?
Details are scant but it does seem to involve some complex deal making that included deals with Uber and Carvana. This is a big strategic play for Hertz and it seems brilliant after some digging in.

As to the financing, my baseline guess is this isn't too different from how the business works otherwise. They'll be expecting ongoing rental income to at some level match or exceed payments due on the cars and would maintain some reserve. It is a cash flow play.

Hertz is going to execute on that cash flow requirement by trying to maximize utilization. One way they'll do this is by making a percentage of those rentals available to ride share drivers on the Uber platform. At the end of a vehicle's fleet life Hertz willl sell them off through Carvana which should maximize price per car versus the mass auction model. It is a bit of a hedge play expecting high demand for used Teslas.

The other 2 players also get strategic benefits. Carvana gets brand awareness and may end up the defacto market leader for used Tesla vehicles possibly (though probably 2nd to Tesla itself). The Uber play is murkier but most likely they want to normalize the cost to drivers. It also greens up their brand.

At a meta level it isn't that shocking that one of these rental companies got the jump on a new business model. All of them essentially turtled up during COVID and it looks at least like Hertz used that time to cobble together a solid go-forward strategy. We will have to see how execution goes but it does seem pretty optimized financially/operationally if everyone delivers.
Hertz on Wednesday also announced a separate partnership with online used-car dealer Carvana Co, whose shares rose 3% in morning trade. Under the agreement, Hertz would reduce its reliance on mass auctions to offload used rental fleet vehicles and instead sell vehicles directly to consumers through Carvana's sales channels.

For Uber drivers, Tesla rentals will start out at $334 a week, including insurance and maintenance, and consist mostly of the company's Model 3 sedan. Uber said the rental cost would drop to $299 per week or lower as the program expands in the coming year.

Wednesday's deal represents Uber's most significant step so far in expanding the use of EVs on its platform. The company has vowed to operate only electric vehicles on its United States, Canadian and European platform by 2030, and worldwide by 2040.

But only a few ride-hail drivers can afford the higher EV sticker prices and in 2019, only 0.15% of all Uber miles in the United States and Canada were driven in electric vehicles, company data showed.
It is truly the golden age of fraud. A recently bankrupt car rental company fueled by a meme stock frenzy is partnering with an online car sales platform that loses money on every car sold and taxi scam that loses money in order to create market monopolies to buy cars from a car company with a 360 PE.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LCID is a few $B below F market cap. Insanity. Do I bet against insanity? Not any more. I'm following in its slipstream.

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Let’s play: Give me your top three (or less) investing ideas TODAY! No need to explain if you don’t want to, just a list is fine.

Got some investing money to play with, and looking for names.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Looking for an entry in PTLO, maybe somewhere around $35. GFS around $48.

I buy bites of GAB and DUK every few weeks.

Quick trades, no idea. I check what's moving AH/PM and make a gut decision. SLGG today. SLGG is garbage.

Edit:
KOPN is interesting and I don't think it is garbage. I have a bit and might add.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:57 pm Let’s play: Give me your top three (or less) investing ideas TODAY!
Buy low, sell high.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:20 am
malchior wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:08 am

It is truly the golden age of fraud. A recently bankrupt car rental company fueled by a meme stock frenzy is partnering with an online car sales platform that loses money on every car sold and taxi scam that loses money in order to create market monopolies to buy cars from a car company with a 360 PE.
Musk urged that valuation should not be based on Hertz, that Tesla has signed not commitments with Hertz, and that they already cannot ramp up to demand so Hertz would be getting no preferential treatment. One of the rare moments where he made the right public face call, IMO. Hertz already have ads with Teslas and Tom Brady on TV. Crazy of them, IMO.
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:58 am LCID is a few $B below F market cap. Insanity. Do I bet against insanity? Not any more. I'm following in its slipstream.
Saw that. The sector is nucking futz. I mean, I want in on the Rivian thing but not a 54 Billion estimated valuation. Even as Ford, T Rowe, and Amazon have all dropped 5 Billion plus on the company already.
Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:57 pm Let’s play: Give me your top three (or less) investing ideas TODAY! No need to explain if you don’t want to, just a list is fine.

Got some investing money to play with, and looking for names.
For me?

1) Build cash... That is all.
2) I get tempted by meme pre momentum but I don't bite.
3) If I were to buy anything, I'd look for valuation I am comfortable with before earnings, buy in lots of 100 and then sell covered calls to get a discount. If the call makes, I take profit. If not, I take the discount. Example if I weren't building cash:

HBI... 17.47... DivEx $.15 11/8 earnings 11/4/ Current valuation 6.1 billion. They have a debt issue which cuts in to their profits but they aren't going anywhere and their dividends are stable. So I'd pick them up and treat them as a 3% income and then turn around sell a covered call at $18 for this Friday at $18 for $.50. If they earnings are good, they break $18 easy and I make $100 for every $1750 I put down. If they don't I weather the drop in price and take the income over time, continuing to put out the calls.

I'm actually considering increasing my HBI using this tactic but thing is... 1) Build cash... That is all. I'm trying to exit from my job so playing games is not in the cards, even when temptation hits.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

SF writer Charlie Stross has an interesting vision/hypothesis of what Tesla + SpaceX + Starlink may have in store:
This we know: Musk has goals (some of them risible, some of them much more pragmatic), and within the limits of his world-view—I'm pretty sure he grew up reading the same right-wing near-future American SF yarns as me—he's fairly predictable. Reportedly he sat down some time around 2000 and made a list of the challenges facing humanity within his anticipated lifetime: roll out solar power, get cars off gasoline, colonize Mars, it's all there. Emperor of Mars is merely his most-publicized, most outrageous end goal. Everything then feeds into achieving the means to get there. But there are lots of sunk costs to pay for: getting to Mars ain't cheap, and he can't count on a government paying his bills (well, not every time). So each step needs to cover its costs...

...Musk has trailed using early Starship flights to lift Starlink clusters—upgrading from the 60 satellites a Falcon 9 can deliver to something over 200 in one shot. But that's a very limited market.

So what could pay for Starship, and furthermore require a launch vehicle on that scale, and demand as many flights as Falcon 9 got from Starlink?

Well, let's look at the way Starlink synergizes with Musk's other businesses. (Bear in mind it's still in the beta-test stage of roll-out.) Obviously cheap wireless internet with low latency everywhere is a desirable goal: people will pay for it. But it's not obvious that enough people can afford a Starlink terminal for themselves. What's paying for Starlink? As Robert X. Cringely points out, Starlink is subsidized by the FCC—cablecos like Comcast can hand Starlink terminals to customers in remote areas in order to meet rural broadband service obligations that enable them to claim huge subsidies from the FCC: in return they get to milk the wallets of their much easier-to-reach urban/suburban customers. This covers the roll-out cost of Starlink, before Musk starts marketing it outside the USA.

So. What kind of vertically integrated business synergy could Musk be planning to exploit to cover the roll-out costs of Starship?

Musk owns Tesla Energy. And I think he's going to turn a profit on Starship by using it to launch Space based solar power satellites.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:09 pm
HBI... 17.47... DivEx $.15 11/8 earnings 11/4/ Current valuation 6.1 billion. They have a debt issue which cuts in to their profits but they aren't going anywhere and their dividends are stable. So I'd pick them up and treat them as a 3% income and then turn around sell a covered call at $18 for this Friday at $18 for $.50. If they earnings are good, they break $18 easy and I make $100 for every $1750 I put down. If they don't I weather the drop in price and take the income over time, continuing to put out the calls.

I'm actually considering increasing my HBI using this tactic but thing is... 1) Build cash... That is all. I'm trying to exit from my job so playing games is not in the cards, even when temptation hits.
And it currently looks like I'd be looking at getting my $100 per $17.47 this Friday. HBI is at $18.42 this morning. There's still room to fall based on earnings tomorrow but it looks like enough people have a feeling about earnings... $19 option for Friday is now going for $.45. That has now moved into the territory where I would get excited and buy too high, only to have an "earnings surprise" drop the stock back down to $17 tomorrow.

And that closed window puts me back to 1) Build cash... That is all.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Played CWH earnings. $38.5 to $42. I had a position already and kept it but sold what I added yesterday.

KOPN having a good couple of days.

ATVI getting destroyed but not buying yet.

MYT