Link to Desktop???

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

D.A.Lewis

Link to Desktop???

Post by D.A.Lewis »

For the past couple of months I've been having this problem but its getting worse lately. When I try to link to some web pages all my web pages disappear and I am on the desktop with all (ALL) my web pages closed.

Anyone ever encounter this problem?

NOTE: my virus checkers did not solve the problem.
egrudzin

Post by egrudzin »

I'm not entirely sure I understand the problem. Are you saying that all of your browser windows close when you click some links? What browser are you using, Internet Explorer or something else? It sounds like something is crashing the browser. In IE when this happens, usually all of the open browser windows will close.

If IE has the problem there isn't any way to really fix it. You might try using a spyware scanner like Adaware or Spybot SD, as some malware hooks into the browser and screws it up. You could also try using a different browser like Firefox or Mozilla.
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

Thanks EG for the response.

yes it is IE. As far as spyware and what nots. I'm running a slew of them. I have Yahoo Anit-Spy, Adware and Spybot.

And yes all the browser windows will close but this only happens with a few sites and not all everytime.

This is my guess on what the problem is. I have a couple of anti pop programs running and I'm thinking that on some sites (and on some days) they collide and crash all the browser windows. Since it's not happening all the time (although the day I initially posted this message I was linking to the desktop a lot) I can live with it if there is no fix. I love not having to deal with pop-ups so if no fix is found, I'll deal.