Chaos Theory soundtrack - will you buy?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

\/\/olverine

Chaos Theory soundtrack - will you buy?

Post by \/\/olverine »

There's been a lot of praise for the soundtrack to the upcoming Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory because supposedly it ranks up there with some of the best music in films. I've noticed the soundtrack floating around my iTunes new releases so I'm deciding on whether I want to buy it or not. If anything, I would like to support it to encourage this type of quality of music for more games. I do find it ironic that I want to buy the soundtrack though, as I have no intentions of buying the game.

"Tobin, who is known throughout the world for his dense electronic compositions, approached this, his first bona fide soundtrack endeavor, just as he would if it had been for a major motion picture. Taking his cues from the likes of John Barry (the man responsible for the enduring James Bond theme) and Goblin (the Italian group who scored many of Dario Argento's classic horror films), Tobin has crafted a completely immersive aural environment that works as a separate entity from the game."

Read IGN's full review.