[WW] Wolves of the Crimson Moon

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Unagi wrote:
Kraegor wanted Kelric dead, now he is dead.

Frankly, I am suspicious of everyone now.
did I? did I indeed? I seem to recall a series of jokes and jabs to assist Grund in his little ploy. Read thru previous games, Grund never stays with his first target.

I left my vote on Kelric for a time. Wouldn't want to appear as if I'm some sorta Grundophile.

Yes supposed to be suspicious of everyone! What did you wanna do? Sit around a camp fire? Sing some songs?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Chaosraven wrote: When the Morning Came the Village of Ten was now Nine... resting slightly askew on a fencepost was the Bloody Head of MR BUBBLES...[/i]
What the hell!! I finally decide to check out this thread and Im already dead. I demand satisfaction
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Chaosraven wrote: When the Morning Came the Village of Ten was now Nine... resting slightly askew on a fencepost was the Bloody Head of MR BUBBLES...[/i]
What the hell!! I finally decide to check out this thread and Im already dead. I demand satisfaction
:binky: Classic :binky:
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Gentlemen, sorry for being quiet the last 36 hours, I left my old airline after 17 years and started with the best damn airline in the world. So I'm kinda busy during the day in class on a new airplane, new procredures..blah, blah, blah.

I didn't mean to leave Grunds vote out there, just trying to jab him a little after he laid waste to my country.

So I have spent a fair amount of time looking over the last few pages of posts. While I don't know at this point who I am suspicious of I really wish I wouldnt have put the finger on Grund and left it there. I've many a WW game with most of you, and while grund is vocal, he tends to be a little more vociferous and malicious when he is a bad guy. As I read through the pages he didnt seem on point as much as he usually does, although it was fun watching he and austin throw Jarts at oneanother.

not sure where to go from here but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Ideas?
The Saint
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Getting ready to go out for my Wednesday night viewing of the Tigers.

We've all checked in. No priest steps up. Irrespective of the fact that Grund has convinced me that trial by fire is a good thing. I actually think this is the better play. Lynch Remus

If anyone wants to hold my vote for whatever reason then I ought to check in four hoursish.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well, now that everyone has been here (although I would still like more from pr0ner than what he has given us) it is clear to me that the Priest must have been Kelric. A silent Priest aids the Village in no way what so ever. A Priest that speaks up gives you some facts to go on that can be proven.

Should the Priest come forward and declare Grund a wolf. The Masons then come forward. That creates a block of 5 as I believe Austin's claim of powerlessness (Unagi's claim aside, although that is an interesting theory and would still be a block of 4 out of 7). 5 of 7, not hard to spot the wolf when we have 3 misses before game end and only 2 targets.

Should the "Priest" come forward and declare Grund the Seer. We lynch him and the game ends. Even if it doesn't end the Village would then know where it stands without a doubt. Leaving and creating doubt is the job of the Wolf.

If no Priest comes forward then the Village likely lynches the Seer this game, goodbye. :( Again though it does nothing to clear up the issue at hand, namely that I am the Seer and Grund was a wolf. Again, doubt is the end result, which is what the wolf wants.

Obviously the "Priest" is not going to come forward and endorse Grund as that ends the game. Just as obviously, a live Priest would come forward and endorse me because that would give us a lock.

Kelric must have been the Priest.

So, Remus, you say. What happens if you are a liar and the Priest knows you are going to the noose today? To which I reply: It does nothing for the village in the long term to play that. Even if that were the case, the "Priest" would have no way of proving himself except with the noose. Knowledge is power in these games. A silent Priest denies the Village knowledge and thus keeps it relatively powerless. This can only aid the remaining wolf.

So, Remus, you say. What happens if you are a liar and the other Wolf comes forward as the Priest? To which I reply: I'm not a liar but it wouldn't matter anyway, for that to happen would mean that BOTH wolves were out in the open and the lock I mentioned above still happens. Remember, we have 3 misses. The lock above leaves two targets I clear one and we lynch the other. That's only the second miss as Grund would have been the first. With both of us still standing there and no place to hide the Village lynches us both and wins.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:Getting ready to go out for my Wednesday night viewing of the Tigers.

We've all checked in. No priest steps up. Irrespective of the fact that Grund has convinced me that trial by fire is a good thing. I actually think this is the better play. Lynch Remus

If anyone wants to hold my vote for whatever reason then I ought to check in four hoursish.
Eager to end the discussion?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Austin

Post by Austin »

I'm going away tomorrow and while I'm sure I'll be on and off I might be away for a good chunk at a time.

first off I'll vote Remus before I go to bed.

Second I believe Unagi is an unpowered innocent and if the other unpowered innocent is paying attention he should understand why. That's all I'll say about that matter as I'm not sure the tells I'm picking up were intended by Chaos to work this way. (But hey, I'll take it)

If the other unpowered figures it out (and Unagi :P) we have a block right there. The masons must be out there still so there are two more potential knowns who can prove themselves. At this point it doesn't matter to me which one was a wolf as we know we are killing/have killed one wolf. Too bad the priest thing didn't materialize.
Your ad here.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Remus West

Good night.
Your ad here.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Austin wrote:Remus West

Good night.
Halfway there. Priest, you really need to come forward.

Somehow I expect he is dead at this point. :(
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

If only for the guarantee to make this a "1 wolf and 3 villagers dead" game tomorrow morning, I feel I need to select you Remus today.
When you and Grund both claimed Seer on day 1, your fates were bound.

I'm still open to the thought that you are the Seer, it's as simple as this.

We have a choice.
1) Guarantee that 1 wolf is down
2) Hope to get lucky figuring out who Grundbegriff's litter mate is.
I think #1 is the best choice.

p.s.
Is Austin's vote valid above without being bolded?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

oops, never mind - by the time I submited this, he posted a bolded vote.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Since I am now at 3 of 4 I would make a request. I am on the way to bed so please do not cast that final vote until tomorrow so that I can tell you all something after I'm voted down but before the actual lynch goes through. Its not a big thing so if you ignore it thats o.k. but it may be helpful given some of the posts.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:oops, never mind - by the time I submited this, he posted a bolded vote.
He he, yep, just about an hour and a half ago. :P :lol:
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Remus just because I totally disagree with the priest coming forward this early in the game. If the priest does come forward, he can only tell us about Grund, then opens himself to the wolves, and since are advocating the priest so strongly, i think that is a bad move. I believe whomever is the priest should use thier power a few more turns then step out.

Just my thinking
The Saint
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

st_dysan wrote:Remus just because I totally disagree with the priest coming forward this early in the game. If the priest does come forward, he can only tell us about Grund, then opens himself to the wolves, and since are advocating the priest so strongly, i think that is a bad move. I believe whomever is the priest should use thier power a few more turns then step out.

Just my thinking
That makes no sense at all. The Priest coming forward could have prevented the Seer from dying and let the Village know we had gotten a wolf. Now the Priest is useless as anything other than a cover for the wolf to pretend to be. Remember, the wolves get to know the role of the night kills so they will know there is no one to contest them as to being the Priest.

Now then, as to what I wanted to say when I was on the way to dying. I lied about PMing Kelric. I did not even see Austin's request until well after the fact. I knew though that without the Priest coming forward it would not matter so I wanted to wait so I couldn't be accused of trying to pull someone to my side by saying they were innocent since, obviously, the wolf knows who is innocent. I also hoped that if the Priest did come forward and the Masons then I could hopefully add in the scanned's name and finish the block. Aw well, anyway, pr0ner is not a wolf. As I said, its not a big thing because I have no way to know if pr0ner has a role or not but he is likely to be killed now since the wolf won't risk leaving a known. If pr0ner has no role then this is a good thing. If he does have a role well, I tried anyway. Good luck.

I'm off to see Grund and Kelric. Hmmm....I wonder if wolves play cards. I bet Grund would be a great poker player. Maybe the three of us can get a game of hold-em going. Should we include a buy-in for the next ones to come along?
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

aww missed another vote.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:aww missed another vote.
I'm sure you are just torn up about that. Go ahead and throw another vote at me if you want, the more the merrier. :lol:
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

nah, token votes are so tacky. It's like bringing a can of bean dip to a party.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

OK. Trying to think strategery before raven comes on.

1) We will be at 5 people in the morning.
2) One wolf and One seer will be dead. It's still just an assumption but I think it's as safe as one can make without having all of the facts.
3) Two unknowns will be dead.

That says to me a few things:

1) The priest, if alive, should scan kelric rather than remus to arm himself with as much infomation as what we assume the lone wolf will have short of the wolf's current kill.
2) The priest, if alive, should stay hidden anyway. Aside from his actual knowledge, he'll be unncessary. The assumption at this point is that we have killed a wolf. His diagnosis is unnecessary. (This may be subject to change, where maybe he can be trusted by the mason(s) based on his diagnoses of a lynching or some such thing)
3) The mason(s) I haven't figure out yet. I'm putting my thoughts into him/them coming out tomorrow as a means of limiting the field, but then why should they? Wouldn't it be better to let a vote push to him/them and then push it off and then see how the vote got to where it is.
4) I don't see the wolf hiding behind a role. But precisely because it makes no sense for him to do, he might. He'll be armed with more information than we know.

Anyone else have any thoughts before morning comes?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kraegor wrote:nah, token votes are so tacky. It's like bringing a can of bean dip to a party.
What if its a high quality bean dip?
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

think I'll wait to discuss strategy after I've eaten. :ninja:
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Remus West wrote:
Kraegor wrote:nah, token votes are so tacky. It's like bringing a can of bean dip to a party.
please...as if anyone would bring anything other than frito's bean dip from a gas station.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:
Unagi wrote:oops, never mind - by the time I submited this, he posted a bolded vote.
He he, yep, just about an hour and a half ago. :P :lol:
LOL - I know, I sat on my post's composition for a long time. It's not easy lynching people.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraegor wrote:
Remus West wrote:
please...as if anyone would bring anything other than frito's bean dip from a gas station.
I've known some people to make a bean dip so good that I actually eat the guac that they bury in it... bastards. But the suffering through eating the guac is worth the rest of the effort they put into it.

Also a good hell fire bean dip on a soft tortilla shell is the shit. I could eat it all night.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:I lied about PMing Kelric. I did not even see Austin's request until well after the fact. I knew though that without the Priest coming forward it would not matter so I wanted to wait so I couldn't be accused of trying to pull someone to my side by saying they were innocent since, obviously, the wolf knows who is innocent. I also hoped that if the Priest did come forward and the Masons then I could hopefully add in the scanned's name and finish the block. Aw well, anyway, pr0ner is not a wolf.
Yeah, I think we all knew you were lying about that. :lol:
Your "new and improved" explanation isn't so hot either, seems like an odd choice of scanning targets given the lead-up.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

LordMortis wrote:
Kraegor wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I've known some people to make a bean dip so good that I actually eat the guac that they bury in it... bastards. But the suffering through eating the guac is worth the rest of the effort they put into it.

Also a good hell fire bean dip on a soft tortilla shell is the shit. I could eat it all night.
interesting. Never had a homemade bean dip, myself. guess I only know lazy people.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Sorry I've been so quiet. Getting over a concussion, and all I want to do is lay around, mope, and sleep. And hope my head stops hurting.

I will add that I am not the priest, though. I really think that was Kelric.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
Remus West wrote:I lied about PMing Kelric. I did not even see Austin's request until well after the fact. I knew though that without the Priest coming forward it would not matter so I wanted to wait so I couldn't be accused of trying to pull someone to my side by saying they were innocent since, obviously, the wolf knows who is innocent. I also hoped that if the Priest did come forward and the Masons then I could hopefully add in the scanned's name and finish the block. Aw well, anyway, pr0ner is not a wolf.
Yeah, I think we all knew you were lying about that. :lol:
Your "new and improved" explanation isn't so hot either, seems like an odd choice of scanning targets given the lead-up.
I chose pr0ner because I figured he was likely to live a long time with little suspicion thrown his direction. Its a sound strategy for building a block, when the Seer is going to be around to be part of the block, sadly I did not think about it enough to adjust my strategy for the fact that I was going to be dead or I would have targeted a more high profile player.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Counting the Votes
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The Village cast suspicious eyes on one in particular. They discussed it and decided that Remus West would need to answer for the demise of poor Kelric. With Remus twisting in the wind, the Village grew silent. One by one, they headed off to bed, questions unanswered.

It is Night
Werewolves must choose a victim
Seer must choose to ID or PM
Priest may choose to ID
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:...sadly I did not think about it enough to adjust my strategy for the fact that I was going to be dead or I would have targeted a more high profile player.
No offense but, I think you are smarter than that.

"to adjust my strategy for the fact that I was going to be dead..."

It was basically a given or at least fairly well forecasted that you were going to be the next to go. I'm not sure when you would have made your strategic decision to target pr0ner, but it would seem like you had a lot of time to know that would have been a less than optimal target.

Your eagerness for the Priest to come forward to make our wolf-hunt more straight forward comes across as insincere since you don't seem as eager for us to get this (Grund + Remus = 1 Wolf) kill under our belts.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

:binky: Damn, a week late :binky:
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote::binky: Damn, a week late :binky:
:binky: could be worse, you coulda been poor Bubbles. :lol: :binky:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The Night held terror for at least one who would not see the morning sun... pr0ner was found shredded and gnawed... his remains were scattered throughout the Village

It is Day
5 Players Remain
Majority is 3
"Where are you off to?"

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

This morning when I stepped outside
my stride did land in goo.
I scrapped it off and was on my way
admiring the morning's dew.
Soon it was clear from the smell in the air
this wasn't just doggy poo poo.
From all the flesh and the hair, and the screams of dispair
I just new it was pr0ner on my shoe.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK so, what do we have...

Unagi
Austin
Kraegor
LordMortis
st_dysan

most likely we have:
Priest dead
Seer dead
Wolf-1 dead
'human' dead

So, the remaining humans are either:
a) 2-normal,2-masons or
b) 3-normal,1-mason.

The remaining mason(s), I think - should chime in and tell us if we are looking at a) or b).

If we are looking at b), pr0ner wasn't a normal villager as Remus argued - and hence, Remus was our wolf.
If we are looking at a), pr0ner was indeed normal - and perhaps Remus was telling the truth.

I'd like to hear from our mason(s).
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
tru1cy wrote::binky: Damn, a week late :binky:
:binky: could be worse, you coulda been poor Bubbles. :lol: :binky:
:binky: Shaddup you.. Im not even sure how I died :shock: :lol: :binky:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote:OK so, what do we have...

Unagi
Austin
Kraegor
LordMortis
st_dysan

most likely we have:
Priest dead
Seer dead
Wolf-1 dead
'human' dead

So, the remaining humans are either:
a) 2-normal,2-masons or
b) 3-normal,1-mason.

The remaining mason(s), I think - should chime in and tell us if we are looking at a) or b).

If we are looking at b), pr0ner wasn't a normal villager as Remus argued - and hence, Remus was our wolf.
If we are looking at a), pr0ner was indeed normal - and perhaps Remus was telling the truth.

I'd like to hear from our mason(s).
I understand what is most likely but not discount:

1 priest and 2 masons
1 priest and no masons
The priest could still be alive. I know if I were the priest and both Grund and Remus were going to lynched anyway that I'd not come out. If they priest didn't get lynched then there is a possiblity that masons got lynched on both nights.

I go back and forth about people coming forward. If the priest is alive and stays hidden and we go to lynch him today he can point us in another direction and give us another chance. But the flip side of that is that if we do not find a wolf then we'd have to lynch the claimed priest tomorrow to make sure he's not a wolf. A single mason would yeild the same result. However if there are two masons then we are in great shape. We can still go about bringing one close to lynching by accident and then we can go in a different direction. If we go after the other mason then we go yet a third direction and we get to at least see action on the table. The masons get to vouch for each other and are in the clear. If we don't go after the second mason, they can still vouch for each other going into the night cycle thereby gaurunteeing one of the final three is known not to be a wolf. Or alternatively they can roll the dice keepng the second mason hidden and hope that the wolf won't hit hidden mason by chance. If the wolf does not then we have a guarunteed win. Either/or puts the village in much better shape for a win than the wolves would be.
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

odd post considering pr0ner was dead when you made it.

spend a lot of time thinking over how to phrase it and did not notice that chaos had already posted the update?

how in ANY scenario could pr0ner not be a villager?