Octopus Overlords 2004 Community Awards {Racing Game}

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

What was 2004's best Racing Game (not strictly sims)

Poll ended at Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:08 am

Colin McRae 2004
3%
Colin McRae Rally 2005
13%
Need for Speed Underground 2
32%
Richard Burns Rally
39%
TOCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Simulator
13%

Total votes: 31

naednek

Octopus Overlords 2004 Community Awards {Racing Game}

Post by naednek »

RULESOnly vote once. If you do not see a game you thought deserves the award please write it in. Only list 1 game, anyone who lists multiple games, I will pick the first one listed as your choice

This is for PC games released in 2004. After the 10 days of polling is up, I'll tally up the votes and announce the winner.
Please keep comments or concerns in this thread, that way it's easier for me to sort out the votes. http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/ ... 7536#97536

Colin Mcrae Rally 2004
The gear grinding action is more intense than ever! Instinctive car handling combined with championships, custom rallies, single and multiplayer gaming modes, and unique car part testing deliver the perfect rally gaming experience.

Colin McRae Ralley 2005
The steering wheel-gripping heart of Colin McRae Rally 2005 is the all-new Career Challenge, which takes players through a full professional rally career, driving the most diverse selection of rally cars. An incredible 23 individual rally events provide a personal challenge with real progression and rewards through a non-linear series of Challenges, Cups, SuperCups, Shields and Championships as you earn the right to complete with the very best. Launch your career as a privateer but take the lead and progress onto more powerful cars, taking part tests to win further upgrades. Through the 23 events, drivers will be pummelled through a staggering 300+ stages driving cars from 4-wheel drive, 2-wheel drive, 4-wheel Classics, Super 2-wheel, Rear Wheel, Distinctive and 4x4 classics. Beyond the Career Challenge, there's a toy box of rally-fuelled adrenaline racing gaming with its 4WD Championship, Rally, Stages and Online gaming modes. And just when you thought a McRae game couldn't offer more detail or visual splendour, the game's development team is cramming it in: the new bonnet-cam and an improved chase cam gives a real sensation of speed and undulation. Enhanced damage and scenery visuals include new individual damage models for each car and should you crash into a tree, it'll shudder and even drop leaves!

Need for Speed Underground 2
Discover the living, breathing world of tuner culture in Need for Speed™ Underground 2, the sequel to the best-selling racing game of 2003, and the latest blockbuster installment in the legendary Need for Speed franchise.

Taking place in a massive, free-roaming city featuring five distinct interconnected neighborhoods, Need for Speed Underground 2 delivers an immersive game world where the streets are your menus. As players explore the city, they’ll encounter rival racers who will school them in the ways of the underground and tip them off to the hottest racing spots in town.

Deep new performance tuning allows gamers to fine-tune every aspect of their ride’s handling and performance, while hundreds of new visual customizations guarantee players can create their own personalized, totally unique car.

All-new game modes join Circuit, Drift, and Drag events to add depth and variety, pushing car and driver to the limit, while more than a dozen new cars and hundreds of aftermarket parts from the biggest names in the business make Need for Speed Underground 2 the deepest, most authentic tuner experience ever

Richard Burns Rally
Richard Burns Rally is a rally simulation game and it is the most accurate recreation of real life rallying seen to date. Every aspect of modern rallying has been precisely modelled to allow the player to experience life as a top-class rally driver. Richard Burns Rally surpasses its rivals in every area -graphical quality, technical accuracy, car physics, gameplay and unique features. Marking a significant move forward for the rally genre, Richard Burns Rally pushes the limits of technological capability whilst revising gameplay conventions. Richard Burns Rally is a game that will both challenge and astound any fan of motorsport video games

ToCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator
ToCA Race Driver 2: The Ultimate Racing Simulator is a massive step forward from Race Driver. It offers a great selection of aspirational cars to be driven through 31 championships that cover a huge variety of motor racing styles.
magic

Post by magic »

you missed out a box cover for RBR. :)

far and away the best racing sim of the year. incredible racing dynamics, beautiful graphics, great force feedback.... this one had it all. a great single player racing sim.
naednek

Post by naednek »

there you go. I forgot to put the link. I saw that I missed it this morning, but didn't have time. Thanks for reminding me