[WW] Crimson Moon III - Game ends in a Draw?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Austin

Post by Austin »

Remus West wrote::binky: Finally, sheesh. :binky: :wink:
:binky: I feel your pain. :binky:
Your ad here.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Austin wrote:
:binky: Front of the line for quick service! :binky:
Austin

Post by Austin »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Austin wrote:
:binky: Front of the line for quick service! :binky:
:binky: :lol: :binky:
Your ad here.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I see dead people.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

triggercut wrote:I see dead people.

:binky: Boo! :binky:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Well, I was hoping the wolves would have figured out their feast by now, but looks like no such luck.

I will be away from my computer until late tonight - quite possibly after midnight EST.

I would request that no one place a vote until I am able to return and tell everyone the result of my autopsy of Remus. Basically, don't make any stupid mistakes. Just be patient. The game's lasted this long and we're in the final stages; an extra few hours shouldn't hurt anyone, except maybe the wolves.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Agreed
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The calm of the Village was interrupted as the moon bathed the streets in crimson... the chilling howls returned and the screams of Silky were cut short as the end came upon him.

It is Day.
5 Players remain.
Majority is 3
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The double post was edited in the early morning.

It is still Day.
5 Players still remain.
Majority is still 3
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/walks to the center of the village, inhaling briskly the morning air.

Might I make a suggestion? Perhaps the two coroners reveal the results of their scan simultaneously? So that way neither of them can spoof the other? I would like to see whatever discrepancies occur naturally.

It is just a suggestion.

/sits back down and patiently awaits a response.

/ooc i know simulataneously can be hard for the villagers to coordinate due to real life commitments; however if its a possibility. i would like it to happen.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I'm here.

I have a scan result.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

BTW, Zurai, don't just post your scan result.

Post a note that you're here, and maybe we can try to post these simultaneously.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Basically, the appropriate villagers know that everything should ride on this next vote.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

As it stands, I'll patiently wait for Zurai.

I want to share with the village what I know, but I won't give in to that temptation.

I'm just getting some busywork done here at work, but will head home to check back here soon.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

I'm here. D&D session ran a little late. Will abide by the desire to simulpost as best I can.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Well, sorry for missing trig I guess - but it's 2:30 AM here and I have to get up for work in less than 4 hours. I'm going to bed.

We can try to coordinate again tomorrow.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Bingo!

Bah. I thought maybe I'd catch Zurai still on, etc.

This is tougher than I thought, coordinating a time.

It could be a while before I'm on again...

When should we try to be on again next?
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I wanted to stay on to finish what I started here, but I had an internet outage at home which seems to be corrected now. Sorry to all for not being able to continue what was started above this in the thread as well as I'd have liked to.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Ah well, definitely looks like we missed each other. We'll try again tomorrow.
Austin

Post by Austin »

:binky: ImageImage :binky:
Your ad here.
Silky

Post by Silky »

:binky:
Hello
I am the ghost of troubled Austin
Hung by his pretty white neck
Some fourty eight hours ago
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
And I soon came home
:binky:
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

I knew I should have waited.

I'm back again, but I dunno if trig has steady access to a computer. I'll keep checking back.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I'm here, heading to work in a few, but here now!
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

I'm still here as well.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

:binky: If you guys are really determined to do the simul thing maybe one of you should post a schedule of availability? :binky:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Let's post!
Austin

Post by Austin »

:pop:

F5 F5 F5
Your ad here.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Remus was an innocent candlestick maker.

This means there are two wolves in the set of:

Zurai
triggercut
Newcastle
Mr. Bubbles

and 0 misses left to the village. We MUST kill a wolf today AND tomorrow or they win.

One of the wolves is gauranteed to be in the set of:

Zurai
triggercut

While the other is in the set of:

Newcastle
Mr. Bubbles

I would, again, implore the innocents of the village not to vote for anyone until there has been thorough discussion of this revelation. We're on a razor-thin margin for error.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

FWIW, Remus West was a wolf.

The village is in good shape. Zurai is our last wolf, but I hope we proceed with caution today, especially since I'll be out of communication for nearly 10 hours from now.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

If nothing else, that was a great simulpost! Woot us Coroners!

I'm off to work.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

triggercut wrote:FWIW, Remus West was a wolf.
Then what was his profession?
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Out of respect for trig's 10 hour absence - because he gave me respect for my absence, though he's given me little respect otherwise - I'll not hound him with questions now. Suffice to say that he's lieing out his ass.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Zurai wrote:Out of respect for trig's 10 hour absence - because he gave me respect for my absence, though he's given me little respect otherwise - I'll not hound him with questions now. Suffice to say that he's lieing out his ass.
Hound away! That way I can at least address them when I get back on.

I was just saying, let's not put anyone's head in the noose 'til then, please.

Oh, and you did get the profession right. Remus was knocking out villagers with candlesticks before wolfing them down.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

I will say this though:

We now have two different scenarios.

In my scenario, there are 2 wolves and 3 villagers. Lynching a villager loses the game.

In trig's scenario, there are 1 wolf and 4 villagers. Lynching a villager does not lose the game.

No matter which scenario you believe in, lynching triggercut today will not lose the game for the village.

In my scenario, he's one of the wolves, and that brings us one step closer to victory. After lynching him, we would still need to determine between Newcastle and Mr. Bubbles.

In his scenario, I'm the last wolf and there's a "spare" villager. Even if you lynch him today, you still get another shot tomorrow - and you "know" I'm a wolf.

On the flip side:

Under my scenario, the village immediately loses the game by lynching me.

Under trig's scenario, the village immediately wins the game by lynching me.

Again, PLEASE do not vote for anyone yet. I want to give triggercut a chance to explain away his lies, and for all the villagers to check in and analyze both scenarios for themselves.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I still don't buy Zurai as coroner.

I'm far more trusting of Triggercut.

That said, I don't have a clue as to what to do next.
Hodor.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/takes the news from each of the "coroners" and nods his head

ok, i am tired, been working on a paper all day here. So my analysis is not exactly too sharp..however will try to hit some highlights...

First of all do not vote; do not vote yet. We do not know how many are left. Due to the uncertainty of the numbers there is a chance we have 1-2 wolves left. If there are two, then a quick bandwagon can emerge. If there is one, let's aim to kill and take this sucker out and win this game for the village. In other words, lets be sure of what we are doing before we do anything.

Thanks to both of the coroners for indulging in my simple request to simulpost.

That is quite interesting the results that they posted. One posts that we are close to winning this thing (triggercut) the other posts that we still have to find two wolves (zurai). One provides a profession (zurai) the other provides it after the fact (triggercut). They both name the same profession. Question being is why did triggercut wait to give remus profession? I thought the whole point of this was not to be able to spoof each other.

Scenarios.

Villagers left - triggercut, zurai, bubbles, proner (innocent), and Newcastle

Lets drink triggercuts kool aid for a moment -
There is one wolf left. If triggercut is indeed the coroner, that means we have to hit 1 wolf in the next two days. That is damned good odds, and odds am very keen on. What is also implies is that Zurai has to be the final wolf. It implies that Remus, Austin and Zurai were the wolves. It also means that we kill zurai tonight, the game is over and done with.

Let's drink Zurai's koolaid for a moment -
There are two wolves left. If Zurai is indeed the coroner that means we have two wolves we have to out. What this means is that Austin was a wolf, and he had two conspirators, one of them being Triggecut. That means the wolves are Austin, Triggercut and one other person. If we lynch trigger we move to tomorrow and find the last wolf. If we miss on this and lynch the wrong person, game over.

This is what we know -
1. Proner is an innocent. This is certifiable 100%. There is no denying it.

Now what that means is that out of the four remaining villagers we have at least one wolf, with two being a distinct possibility – Newcastle, bubbles, zurai, and Triggercut. If we have one wolf, that is a great position. If we have two that is a problem. We have to be SUPER careful with how we proceed.

Who do I trust? I don’t know.

My faith had been placed in triggercut, but over the last day (game terms), my faith has slipped some. 2 things notably 1. His countercoroner claim; 2. His waiting to include remus’ profession until after Zurai had posted his has got my head scratching. Wasn’t that the whole point of the exercise? His taking out Austin (wolf 100%) was boon to the village. His actions earlier on in the game gave me great confidence in his humanity (the breaking a deadlock talk). He has been very aggressive this whole game andd has made his presence felt. I think he has tried his best to explain his actions and tried to lead the village in the best way that he can. He’s been in the middle of the fracas and pushiing and pulling any which way he can. He has not shied away from his actions. Was it because ge was the coroner doing his best to hide in plain sight? Would a wolf act that aggressive in a game? Would a wolf be that far into the spotlight? If we do indeed trust him, he has nabbed us two wolves and is about to deliver us a third. Damn well done.

Do I trust Zurai? To be honest he has not done much to enable my trust of him. I guess coming out yesterday was a good thing… If he is the coroner that is. But why not earlier? Or today? His vote moves with Lassr didn’t strike me as suspicious, others have viewed it that way. I could buy that argument. But I honestly haven’t gotten a good feel for him this whole game. His day agitation of “stringing” someone up is odd, was it a villagers impatience with the game? Or was a wolfish nature? Then his coroner dealio…would wolves come out like that? Would they even name the seer being eaten? If his number is to be trusted…why would he state 2 wolves? He has tried hard to not cause waves. Was that because he was the coroner who had to try his best to hide?

please don’t read this as a defense or accusation toward either party. I am mulling these things over in my brain, and I think I ought to share with the villagers the things I am mulling over.

You see there are positives for each of them, and negatives for both. Neither of them died last night, so that doesn’t prove the other. Though does this have to be an either or situation? What if they are both wolves? What if they are both faking it, and one of their victims was indeed the coroner? Is that feasible? (I need to go back and check what they said lassr’s profession was) Oh god, if that is the case guys…hats off to the wolf team for roles brilliantly played.

My brain hurts right now, and I think this is the extent of my analysis at the moment.

Remember slow guys, slow. There are only 2 days left, and we are damned close. Remus nature is still mruky.

/sits back down
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Newcastle--Thanks again for your analysis. I think you bring up many good pionts.

And yeah, my bad on not listing the profession right away. I got so busy with hitting refresh that I actually forgot it and had to go back and read my PM with it. In any event, I didn't need to fudge the profession--we're down to the wire enough that the "wolf coroner" would be able to figure out Remus' profession by elimination--Candlestick Maker was the last one not spoken for (if it isn't, just keep your profession to yourself for now!). I'm not smart enough to do that, I just went by what I was told on my scan.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

triggercut wrote:In any event, I didn't need to fudge the profession--we're down to the wire enough that the "wolf coroner" would be able to figure out Remus' profession by elimination--Candlestick Maker was the last one not spoken for (if it isn't, just keep your profession to yourself for now!).
Uhhhh.... no.

There are 9 professions in the village.

2 were revealed by the Priest. 1 was revealed with Lassr's scan. 1 was revealed with Austin's scan (if you accept that triggercut is the Coroner). 1 was revealed with Remus's scan.

That leaves 4 unknown professions. Mr. Bubbles' profession isn't known, Newcastle's profession isn't known, Grundbegriff's profession isn't known, and the fake Coroner's profession isn't known.

... Unless, of course, you happen to be a wolf. Then all the professions will be known by process of elimination.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Zurai wrote:
triggercut wrote:In any event, I didn't need to fudge the profession--we're down to the wire enough that the "wolf coroner" would be able to figure out Remus' profession by elimination--Candlestick Maker was the last one not spoken for (if it isn't, just keep your profession to yourself for now!).
Uhhhh.... no.

There are 9 professions in the village.

2 were revealed by the Priest. 1 was revealed with Lassr's scan. 1 was revealed with Austin's scan (if you accept that triggercut is the Coroner). 1 was revealed with Remus's scan.

That leaves 4 unknown professions. Mr. Bubbles' profession isn't known, Newcastle's profession isn't known, Grundbegriff's profession isn't known, and the fake Coroner's profession isn't known.

... Unless, of course, you happen to be a wolf. Then all the professions will be known by process of elimination.
Which is what I just said, was it not?

If it was unclear, what I meant was that both the Wolf Coroner and the Real Coroner would be able to give the correct profession of Remus West. The Wolf Coroner by process of elimination, the real coroner because he scanned him.

I'm saying that you were able to figure out he was the Candlestick Maker because you were a wolf. I *knew* he was, because I'm the coroner.

I think we can find the clues we need by looking at Remus.

Look for: cunning dissembling, superior math, maybe misdirection besides.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Yeah, as I read back, it's pretty easy to prove that Remus is what I said he is.

You'll have to be slippery to get outta the noose here, laddie.