(NRA) More Kerry "flip-flopping"

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Yankeeman84

(NRA) More Kerry "flip-flopping"

Post by Yankeeman84 »

If you subscribe to American Rifleman, I hope to read a great article by the President of the NRA. Yes, I am pro-gun. :)

This year Kerry has,

Voted to use millions of taxpayers dollars to buy back legally owned firearms and destroy them.

Voted to ban gun shows.

Voted for the Durbin-Chafee Amendment to impose severe criminal penalties on a lawful citizen whose gun was stolen and used in a crime.

Voted to kill the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Is currently the Co-Sponsor of a bill to ban millions of semi-automatic shotguns and rifles. (It would also ban that Remington 11-87 that he was out hunting with in that picture of him last year

http://www.firefightersforkerry.com/cam ... _page1.php

and that Browning Citori that he was shooting sheet with too

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?
tmpl=story&u=/041014/photos_pl/mdf779914

But, John Kerry tells us that he will not tamper with the 2nd Amendment! :roll:

Goof!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Oh. Yankeeman. I am soooooo incrediably happy you managed to follow us to our new forum.
I'm special!
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

:idea:
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

I like this place too much :)

We have many good people here!

I never hear anything about the pro or anti gun in this forum and honestly I want to hear something.

Talking about the WOT, OBL, and other foreign crap gets old.

Lets talk domestic! :P
hodge313

Re: (NRA) More Kerry "flip-flopping"

Post by hodge313 »

Yankeeman84 wrote:

Voted for the Durbin-Chafee Amendment to impose severe criminal penalties on a lawful citizen whose gun was stolen and used in a crime.
I did a quick google, and it looks like the amendment came up in 1998, not this year. Also it appears that your summation of the bill is a little misleading, according to, http://www.senate.gov/~durbin/PressReleases/980708.htm

Under the Durbin-Chafee legislation, adults who fail to lock up a loaded firearm or an unloaded firearm with ammunition would be held liable if the weapon is taken by a child and used to kill or injure another person. The law would not apply if the gunowner uses a secure gun storage or trigger lock for the firearm, if the gunowner has no reason to believe children will be on the premises or if the firearm is stolen in a burglary.
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

The stuf I posted is from the NRA's new magazine. You know they are probably gonna put some spin on the facts just like any other lobby group. :)

Please, point out any "mistakes", I am not saying that I believe them 100%, I am just stating what they said.

Most of what they say is not in the current year. I think they are trying to summarize his voting record on gun issues.

Thanks though Hodge!

(Just because I am pro gun, doesn't mean I believe everything they say.)
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

Ah, we get to be astroturfed at our new home. Wonderful.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Yankeeman84 wrote:The stuf I posted is from the NRA's new magazine. You know they are probably gonna put some spin on the facts just like any other lobby group. :)

Please, point out any "mistakes", I am not saying that I believe them 100%, I am just stating what they said.

Most of what they say is not in the current year. I think they are trying to summarize his voting record on gun issues.

Thanks though Hodge!

(Just because I am pro gun, doesn't mean I believe everything they say.)
Wouldn't it behoove you to do a bit of research on your own rather than being the NRA's monkey? (Thank you John Stewart for that one :) )

Grifman
jblank

Post by jblank »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Oh. Yankeeman. I am soooooo incrediably happy you managed to follow us to our new forum.
Is that really necessary? You might disagree with him, but sarcasm about him being a contributing member here, makes you look alot worse than him. We might disagree with his assumptions about Kerry, but to wish Yankeeman wasnt here, and commenting like you did, is bad taste
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

Grif, I am not the NRA's monkey. I mainly just want to see what peoples views are on the 2nd Amendment....thats all!

I just want to get this section of the forum off the friggin middle east. It gets so boring hearing about the new fuck up's in Iraq every damn day.

Cmon people, lets talk about domestic issues (Something that actually effects EVERY American!).

BTW, jblank is correct. At times I tend to be outspoken on some issues (the ones that I take personal) but cmon, this is a new forum and lets actually try to discuss things civilized instead of branding people before they get a chance to defend their view and practically saying that they are not welcome! Everyone is welcome here equally no matter how crazy your views or how sensible your views. We are all contributing members here no matter how long we have been members.
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

Yankeeman84 wrote: I just want to get this section of the forum off the friggin middle east. It gets so boring hearing about the new fuck up's in Iraq every damn day.
Maybe if there wasnt a daily reminder of how badly Bush fucked us in Iraq and Afghanisan we wouldnt be talking about it so much; I can only imagine how boring an ACTUAL war would be for you.
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

Unbreakable, what I am trying to say, again, is that domestic issues affect us MORE than the WOT unless you have someone fighting the war or in the Armed Forces.

Reality Unbreakable, this is an actual war. Just because war has not be declared it doesn't mean that it is not a war unless you want to get politically correct on me.

The WOT does not affect me. I am more concerned with Domestic issues but I also like to know what is going on in the M.E.

I never said that war is boring. I said talking everyday about it gets boring and old. It's just fuck up after fuck up and it is getting OLD! It's just the same old crap everyday. More of our valued troops getting killed (which pisses me off), more car bombings, more suicide bombers, civil unrest, decapitations.....and what the hell is going on in the good ole USA?????? Nobody ever talks about it.

Are you saying that hearing about more fuck up's in the M.E. is more important than shitty heath care, social security, education, high gas prices, stem-cell research, and a decent economy at best?
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Is that the REAL Chris Grenard, or a fake one?

:wink:
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I am teh real. Anyway, it is actually good to see you msd. I like you quite a bit. And to be honest, Yankeeman has been... a lot more tolerable so far on this new forum. Sorry for the sarcasm, but on the old board he struck me as "WOW extreme" but he is being much nicier here. However, I am concerned with his flip flopping on whether or not he cares about Kerry's flip flopping ;)
I'm special!
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

Chris, I admit, I have cooled off since the old forum. I know I came off as too psycho but I am toning down.

I care about how Kerry changes his mind so often. He needs to settle down and listen to himself. I critize Bush alot and Kerry alot. Both are poor candidates and this election is gonna be tight. Even today, Kerry went hunting. But he votes to limit or destroy the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution everytime he gets a chance....I don't know how to take this man. Bush's foreign whatever.................SUCKS!

I support Bush but I really dont like him if that makes any sense. He is the lesser of the 2 evils...I guess. Also, if Kerry gets elected, his first 2 years will be under a Republican ruled Congress and I just question what he will actually get done.

I appreciate the kind words Chris and I am getting better. I still can go off the deep end but I am controlling myself. :P
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

I think Kerry's positions have been quite consistent as long as you hear them from what Kerry said, rather than what BushCo said.

Second hand information is like that, ya know.

Anyway, Im going to second the fact that it seems we have been handed a kinder, gentler Yankeeman. BTW, it just occurred to me how sissy the "kinder, gentler" line was; GWB is obviously far more manly than his father ever was.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Indeed, now that you have cooled off a lot you are doing FAR better. And the fact that you didn't get pissed when I got snide up above speaks well of you.

For my snide comments, I'd like to apologize. I try not to be rude, but sometimes I am anyway, against my better judgement. My apologies directly to you for that.

Anyway, after looking into Kerry, I honestly believe he "flipflops" no more than any other major politician. I honestly think that you should not base your decisions on things like that, and rather on what issues the candidates have recently said they support/favor.
I'm special!
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

ChrisGrenard wrote:I am teh real. Anyway, it is actually good to see you msd. I like you quite a bit. And to be honest, Yankeeman has been... a lot more tolerable so far on this new forum. Sorry for the sarcasm, but on the old board he struck me as "WOW extreme" but he is being much nicier here. However, I am concerned with his flip flopping on whether or not he cares about Kerry's flip flopping ;)
Good to see you too Chris! I know all those things... I was just taking a moment to pick on ya a bit.

:)
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

I understand Chris. I do not accept what the NRA says as the ultimate gospel but I listen to all no matter how leftist or righty.

I am trying to be more calm about things. I am not trying to be a sissy but I am being more logical about things instead of pig headed.

Kerry does flip-flop often. He mainlty does it where you can catch him the best. Politicians are the dumpiest of the dumpy. Honestly I dont trust Bush or Kerry. You just gotta vote for the lesser of the 2 evils and in my opinion its Bush.

Again Chris, thanks for the apology and I apologize for the "old" Yankeeman in the old GG forum!

:)
Yankeeman