[sports] Tonight, Mr. YellowKing, we throwdown.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

YellowKing wrote:
P.S. We did shoot 74% from the free throw line. That's pretty good, I think.
Not when your team leads the league in free throw shooting (at least that's what I thought I heard Billy Packer claim last night.)
We do lead the league in free throw shooting - at 73%. :wink:
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

By the way, I was extremely pissed. Our local channel got exclusive rights to the broadcast, so I had to listen to Billy Packer's inane ramblings rather than Dick Vitale. As annoying and crazy as Vitale is, he's fun to listen to. Billy Packer is an ass. Though I'll have to say he kept his rampant pro-UNC bias in check last night, which I found utterly amazing
Count me pissed too! I had my DVR set to record the game and also to watch it on ESPN-HD, and it was frickin' blacked out, nothing but a big 36" screen of pitch black nothing. When the game was over and Sports Center kicked in, it was back on. I still get CBS-HD, so I too was watching the Billy Packer version.

Does anybody in NC listen to AM sports radio?

Billy Packer's son, Mark Packer has a show on AM radio here in Charlotte, "Prime-Time with the Packman".

That show really heats up when it comes to fans calling in on the Duke-Carolina rivalry, and any other ACC related topics. I'm a regular listener, especially at 525p/625p when they play the "whiner-line". People call in and record sports trash talk nonsense, some pretty funny stuff there on a daily basis at those times.

I know that outside of Charlotte they have radio affiliates that carry Prime-Time w/the Packman. If you've never listened to it you should check it out. Sometimes I have to turn it off when it starts rambling on, but for the most part it's good sports talk coversations.