Crap.... [PSP]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

DiscoJason

Crap.... [PSP]

Post by DiscoJason »

Man, I told myself I didn't want one. I TOLD myself. Here we are getting closer to launch and suddenly my lovely DS isn't going to be enough for me. I will have to own both. The problem is I don't have the money for a PSP and so my mind is trying frantically to come up with ways to come up with the cash. You know, kidney selling and the like. Maybe I will get a decent tax return and can use that to pre-order....
Larraque

Post by Larraque »

Why justify?

DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

I am currently paying off a huge amount of debt which I accumulated through carelessly buying things and then being laid off for 15 months. I won't touch another credit card as long as I live. So, I only buy things I actually have the money for.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Keep the DS and apply the $ for your PSP to your debt. :P (Killjoy post)
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

Austin wrote:Keep the DS and apply the $ for your PSP to your debt. :P (Killjoy post)
Ha! Yes, that would be the smart thing to do. I actually traded in my XBox to get the DS. However, I have nothing left to trade that would equal to the high price tag of the PSP. Luckily, the debt should be paid off finally within about a year, so I can have a little fun, I think. Though again, only if I actually have the money and the only way I will be getting that kind of money together is from my tax return.
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Wait until the next revision of the PSP, with the square button placed better, and without the disc popping out issue. Sony hardware, especially first-generation, is crap.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Orpheo wrote:Wait until the next revision of the PSP, with the square button placed better, and without the disc popping out issue. Sony hardware, especially first-generation, is crap.
It's a work of art damnit! :wink:
jblank

Post by jblank »

DiscoJason wrote:
Austin wrote:Keep the DS and apply the $ for your PSP to your debt. :P (Killjoy post)
Ha! Yes, that would be the smart thing to do. I actually traded in my XBox to get the DS. However, I have nothing left to trade that would equal to the high price tag of the PSP. Luckily, the debt should be paid off finally within about a year, so I can have a little fun, I think. Though again, only if I actually have the money and the only way I will be getting that kind of money together is from my tax return.
:shock: You traded an XBOX for a DS? Wow, not sure what to say about that.
"Ju tell yo fren ah keel a communiss foh fuhn...buh foh a green cahd, ah cahrv heem up reel nass"
DiscoJason

Post by DiscoJason »

jblank wrote:
DiscoJason wrote:
:shock: You traded an XBOX for a DS? Wow, not sure what to say about that.
Let me explain. I have played more games and gotten way more enjoyment out of my handhelds than any other console I have owned. I tend to play them more because they are portable and so I can play them out and about, on the throne, and just sitting on the couch. No console has seen me buy and beat more games than the Gameboy and its evolutions (I have owned every Gameboy since the original). The XBox (as well as the other consoles) takes up the TV and so I tend not to play it too much so that the wife and kids can watch TV. The only console I have now (after having owned all three of the last generation of consoles) is the Gamecube and that is because it is the best one for me and my 6-year-old to play games together on. So, yeah, I traded my XBox for a DS and it was a great trade for me, especially since I originally got the XBox for free. So, now that this new handheld is out and looks pretty darn good graphics-wise, I am all excited. I just wish I had a few more free XBox consoles to trade away.
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

DiscoJason wrote:I am currently paying off a huge amount of debt which I accumulated through carelessly buying things and then being laid off for 15 months. I won't touch another credit card as long as I live. So, I only buy things I actually have the money for.
<<<<<

Excellent lesson learned. Too bad you had to learn the hard way. :lol:
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

You know, kidney selling and the like. Maybe I will get a decent tax return and can use that to pre-order.... <<<<<

How about selling plasma? Can make a load of quick cash doing medical research too if you are healthy. I got like 750 bucks for staying overnight twice. :lol:
Hetz

Post by Hetz »

I know, I swore up and down that I wasn't going to get the PSP, but damnit....this thing looks freaking amazing. Just the look of it makes me want to shell out $250 for it! :)

Can't wait for the 24th! I'm very happy I preordered when I did, as now people are talking about not being able to get it until the second shipment...even if you preorder now.