Divine Relics - Stessier has the clap - Day 7

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Austin

Divine Relics - Stessier has the clap - Day 7

Post by Austin »

Back Story:
It is the end of an age. Legion swept in with his armies converting the good, killing those who resisted and gathering relics of power. With Balaam, his devious advisor at his side, the balance of power between good and evil was tipping heavily toward a grim future. Legion has discovered and harnessed control of the dark redden, the essence of evil power, and uses it to convert the good and thus, as he fights, his armies grow stronger. Now he has set his sights on taking his war to the divine. All he needs to ready his army to cross into the divine, is to find the last of the relics.

Courier’s Scepter
Bracers of Endor
Ring of Gad
Sword of Ehud
Staff of the Wise
Writ of Twofold

These have been gathered in Temple Green Waters. The temple is surrounded for miles by a river that flows with a green water. There is nothing obviously special about the water aside from its color. The water is blessed by the divine and Dark Redden cannot cross over it. Legion and those in his army are filled with Dark Redden and so the temple is protected.

… …

Judas crossed over the green water and became a student-priest in the order of the divine. It wasn’t until late in his studies that the spark of dark redden manifest itself in him. He began to dream of the warrior king who he later pieced together was Legion, the one who was ravaging the lands and headed toward Temple Green Waters. At least they were safe behind the Green Moat.

Legion’s instructions were simple enough, and before long Judas was able to speak the words by the Eastern Bridge. For a brief moment the waters parted at the Western Gate. There was not enough of an interruption for anyone to notice, but it was enough time for Legion and Balaam to pass over. They were free to continue their search for the relics inside the temple.

Legion did not imagine simply crossing the gap in the waters would have such an affect on them. Their control over the Dark Redden loosened and as he grasped for control, it slipped away. All but a small spark of the power was gone. Still it was enough to create an illusion to protect his and Balaam’s identity. It was also enough he figured to win over 1 convert. He knew he had Judas’ loyalty but had no way to detect him and under the illusion he knew Judas would not recognize him either. He made sure that he passed on enough Redden to Balaam that he would be able to use his seer powers and learn who had possession of the relics, if only once each night. Time was on their side though as nobody knew of their presence and they could blend in with the ten thousand residents of the temple.

After some time Balaam discovered that the relics were all being housed in the inner sanctum of the temple. Legion and Balaam used glimpses of power to deceive their way into the inner sanctum. Only 14 priests resided in these parts and 6 of them would each have a relic in their possession. The priests resided in small apartments, in a life of solitude, each not knowing the other, knowing only that they must protect their relic until they were relieved. Legion grinned as he pondered how easy this would be; only 2 weeks and he’d have what he needed for his war.

The ground shook and a ring in the center of the temple began to glow.
Dark Redden in the inner sanctum, a voice came violently from the glow. Dispense the vile darkness into the ring, purge this place and make it clean or all will perish.

All exits are blocked off, as is the access to the apartments. Still the space is abundant and there is plenty of room for each to find their own area for sleeping, and for trembling.

THE ROLES

Evil
Legion: The man in charge of the baddies. He has the final say on the night’s victim. He also may chose to convert one priest rather than kill a priest, looking for a relic.
- If he chooses a protected priest, the conversion is unsuccessful, power is retained.
- If the bearer of the Staff of the Wise, protects an evil player that priest will become the night’s target and will die. (any other kill or recruit order fails)
- If the bearer of the Staff of the Wise protects an evil member the same night he is targeted for conversion, the conversion will be successful.
- If Judas is targeted for conversion, none will take place and Legion retains his conversion power. (The evil players will not know why the conversion failed)

Balaam: Legion’s trusted advisor and soothsayer. Each night Balaam may chose to scan 1 priest to see which relic he posses, if any. He will be told which relic that priest possesses and if it’s one I’ve been vague on, he’ll be told that the relic does. If Balaam is alive the role of the Night Kill is revealed.

Judas: Sorcerer Role. Judas scans Good. Judas wins with evil. Judas has another ability. Judas is unknown to the other evil players and they are unknown to him.

Cretan: When Legion converts a divine priest he becomes the Cretan. He has a single use ability which will be revealed to him when he’s converted. (And he can tell his new friends about it)

Good
Relics: (Relic possessors will get a more detailed description of their relic)

Courier’s Scepter: This relic is more of a container for the true power. It contains a parchment which will allow a priest to communicate at night.

Bracers of Endor: These bracers allow the wearer to commune with the dead at night. The power is weak and the wearer will only be able to determine which (if any) relic the deceased possessed.

Ring of Gad – Each night the wearer of the ring will be able to focus on one player. It will be revealed to them the role of the player. Judas will scan as a simple priest.

Sword of Ehud – Oddly enough this is just a hilt. Still the possessor can use this one time to attempt to slay someone, hopefully evil this time. The bearer of the sword is protected on the first night. This protection is divine and in addition to whomever the staff of wisdom holder protects.

Staff of the WiseFor wisdom is protection just as money is protection,
But the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the lives of its possessors.

Each night the bearer may chose one person to bless with protection. If a kill order is ordered on that receiver, he will not be killed that night and no kill will occur on that night. If the user is unwise and protects an evil team member, they will sense its use and devour the bearer.

Writ of Twofold: ???

THE RULES
The game will start at night. (night 0 for Unagi, you guys can call it what you want) Each night the specials will send in their orders.
  • Courier's Scepter becomes available for use.
  • Staff of Wisdon protects.
  • Bracers of Endor scans.
  • Ring of Gad scans
  • Legion converts or kills. (Hierarchy for who PM's the kill - Legion -> Balaam -> Cretan -> Judas)
  • Balaam scans.
No Discussion of the actual PM's I send out. I will vary the PM's in length, some will include campy back story, some will be straightforward, some longer, some shorter. All PM's will be different, but in any case, using that particular info is tainto.

Formatting Edits are Okay. Please don't edit content out side of spelling or fixing an incomplete post etc... No flashing messages to whomever might be on at the time only to edit it later.

PM's. Legion, Balaam & Cretan may all PM each other at any time, or make use of a forum I will setup. Judas does not get to participate in these communications.

Other's who are allowed to PM will receive instructions. If you do not receive instructions, don't PM. ;)

Each Day players should indicate their votes by bolding the names. If you don't want to vote for someone, but want their name to stand out, please use color or size or or . Bold is for votes only. There are a couple voting trigger situations where I'll notify of the new circumstances and who/what is allowed with regard to voting. These will be listed on a Spoiler forum and are static, not up to my whims or any such thing. Other than that, Majority Rules. (I'll post the number of votes needed each day)

In a nut shell this is a typical WW game. There are a few powers, which are unannounced and some mild triggers in the voting which may help speed up certain situations. I'm not suggesting you over-think your voting as there is a solid chance that nothing will trigger - they are very situational.

THE PLAYERS
1. Grundbegriff
2. Remus West
3. Stessier
4. Tru1cy
5. Chaosraven
6. Lassr
7. Triggercut
8. Kraegor
9. Sean, Minister of KtSP
10. Revhempus71
11. Pr0ner
12. Zurai
13. Scoop
14. Newcastle
15. Unagi
16. Bakhtosh
Your ad here.
Grundbegriff

Re: Devine Relics - Sign ups - WW Game

Post by Grundbegriff »

What is it?
Austin

Post by Austin »

Grundbegriff wrote:What is it?
It's a WW game. ;) More details to come. I'll have the back story up... shortly. Rules will be very general but this one will have a few hitches and specificities not revealed in the rules.
Your ad here.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Is this the "surprise events" game you were contemplating a while back?

In
Austin

Post by Austin »

Grundbegriff wrote:Is this the "surprise events" game you were contemplating a while back?

In
Yeah. I have backed off on some of my ideas though as to test the waters a bit. Still it should be interesting IF NOT GROUND BREAKINGLY NEW! :P
Your ad here.
Remus West

lets test this method of passing notes right now though

Post by Remus West »

what the heck. I can't pass up a chance to lynch Grund. In :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm intrigued.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

If pr0ner doesn't post in a sign-up thread, does that mean that he has signed up xor that he hasn't?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grundbegriff wrote:If pr0ner doesn't post in a sign-up thread, does that mean that he has signed up xor that he hasn't?
:lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Austin knows what this response means
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Aust who?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

IN
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:1155353

Oh great googly-moogly. Not that again.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

I'll play. presuming this doesn't have "thing" type mechanics.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kraegor wrote:I'll play. presuming this doesn't have "thing" type mechanics.
:twisted:
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Chaosraven wrote:
lol, don't go givin yerself too much credit, mofo!

shifting allegiance games as a whole I just haven't enjoyed. I didn't like that one where there were 3 sides much either.

ironically, I did enjoy roleplaying in the thing game. Nice timing that I was playing "The Thing" video game at around the same time. (or had I just seen the movie (Kurt russell) for the first time? bah...whatever...) But the complete shifting sands nature made it difficult to enjoy any sorta tactical analysis. every day...start over....fawk....
Austin

Post by Austin »

I was not a WW convert during the Thing game. I have heard tale but I never bothered to read it. This is not a Thing game, nor a 3 factions type. Details and lore, etc... coming. Working on cleaning it all up and deciding what to reveal and what to keep cloaked.
Your ad here.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kraegor wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
lol, don't go givin yerself too much credit, mofo!
Hey it was all Remus' Idea
"Where are you off to?"

Austin

Post by Austin »

Added some back story. Rules and Roles coming - to a degree. :P
Your ad here.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

So, my bro Chaosraven has been pimping this WW thing to me for a while, and I'm itching to try. If you'll have me, I'm in.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Austin

Post by Austin »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:So, my bro Chaosraven has been pimping this WW thing to me for a while, and I'm itching to try. If you'll have me, I'm in.
Sure but if you go around killing the stupid it could get quiet around here.
Your ad here.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Austin wrote:Sure but if you go around killing the stupid it could get quiet around here.
Here at the Ministry, we like the quiet.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Austin wrote:[
I'll reveal rules and roles as I see fit within the game. Some can obviously be gleaned from the story. This will not be as open as most previous games though.
Will we at least be told our own roles in some form of PM, or are we starting blind?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Will the game system be objective, even if we don't have access to the objective info? Or will you be making stuff up as you go along?
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I am in
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Austin

Post by Austin »

Yeah you'll know your own roles and loosely what's out there. Probably a couple hidden roles though. Nothing chance based, just the game. A few hitches with vote counts that might speed things up on the first couple days... Like I said, I'm working the ideas in slowly so it doesn't become a mess of a game. Should be fun.
Your ad here.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

We trust you.

:ninja:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

It's WW Fluxx.

If I mysteriously die for no reason with your mystery rules...I'll...I'll...make you be Baltar again!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Oh thats just friggin great. Now who do I kill on the first night if I am evil? I could go with tradition and kill Chaosraven because thats always fun. I could kill RevHempus71 but that would only really be fun if I can weasel a promise from Austin not to give him any spoiler information when he dies. Or, and here is the kicker, I could prevemptive strike against Sean cause he is certainly going to be coming after me. Him and his damned prejudice ministry. Plus, I think I'd enjoy sending him PMs that say "Hey it was fun playing with you. Been forever since we had a chance to game. To bad you are dead now." :twisted:

What to do? What to do?
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Remus West wrote:Oh thats just friggin great. Now who do I kill on the first night if I am evil? I could go with tradition and kill Chaosraven because thats always fun. I could kill RevHempus71 but that would only really be fun if I can weasel a promise from Austin not to give him any spoiler information when he dies. Or, and here is the kicker, I could prevemptive strike against Sean cause he is certainly going to be coming after me. Him and his damned prejudice ministry. Plus, I think I'd enjoy sending him PMs that say "Hey it was fun playing with you. Been forever since we had a chance to game. To bad you are dead now." :twisted:

What to do? What to do?
Oh I see how it is........ Death to Remus......
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I have to go into this thread all the time, since you put my last name in the title.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Remus West wrote:Or, and here is the kicker, I could prevemptive strike against Sean cause he is certainly going to be coming after me. Him and his damned prejudice ministry. Plus, I think I'd enjoy sending him PMs that say "Hey it was fun playing with you. Been forever since we had a chance to game. To bad you are dead now."
Prejudice ministry!!?? I'll have you know, we have exacting standards here at the Ministry. We don't just go killing people willy nilly.

Besides, we've got enough history that I have lots of resons to kill you first saved up. Don't need to be diverting badly needed Ministry resources just to kill an old friend. :twisted:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

hentzau wrote:I have to go into this thread all the time, since you put my last name in the title.
Your last name is "ups"?

this is why the ministry wants to kill me.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Hmmmm.

My PM says I am "Xykon" whatever that means.
"Where are you off to?"

Sean, Minister of KtSP

Chaosraven wrote:Hmmmm.

My PM says I am "Xykon" whatever that means.
Aw! I wanna be Redcloak.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

dibs on Mr. Scruffy. However, given first choice, I get to be Richard. :twisted:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In!
Hodor.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

I'm intrigued. I'll go in on this. No, really, I am the coroner!

... I swear, if I'm a werewolf again ...