[A&A] - OO Game 3

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

[A&A] - OO Game 3

Post by Bakhtosh »

Game 1 is pretty much over. If you're interested in starting another game, sign up. We generally try to get in 1 turn per player per day, but there's no real time limit.

Also, if anyone ever wants to crank up a 1-on-1 game - whether you're new and just want to learn the rules, if you want to try out a new strategy, or if you're just looking for a game, send me a PM and I'll give you my e-mail address so we can get a game going.

In Axis and Allies, two to five players can take control of the Axis (Germany or Japan) or Allied (the U.K., the U.S.S.R., or the U.S.A.) nations. The object of the game is to win the war by capturing enough critical territories.

Axis & Allies is not a strict historical wargame, due to its streamlining for ease of play and balancing so that both sides have a chance. For instance, the economic model is simplistic, with each territory producing a number of "IPCs" (Industrial Production Certificates) good toward the purchase of any unit.

The standard game is 2nd Ed rules with no house rules. The only standard house rule available in the online tool is "No Russia attack 1st turn". There's also an option to disable the Axis economic victory.

The Allies win by occupying both Axis capitols. The Axis win by occupying 2 Allied capitols, or by holding 85 combined IPC's worth of territory. The game is played round-robin always in the same order: USSR, Germany, UK, Japan, USA. The Allied powers are a team, and the Axis powers are a team. Players cannot switch sides or attack a member of their team. Victory and defeat is shared by all members of the team.

The 2nd Edition (1991) rules can be found at http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/axis.pdf
This is a 7 Meg PDF file.

Players:
1) Bakhtosh - Any
2) El Guapo - Not Japan or USA
3) Remus West - Allies (to give him two teammates)
4) Redfive - New Team
5) LordMortis - Not USA

Alternates:

Nations:
USSR - El Guapo
Germany - Lord Mortis
UK - Redfive
Japan - Bakhtosh
USA - Remus West

If you can play, jump IN. Please state your Axis and Allies experience level and what nation you would prefer, if any.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Now that game 2 is all but over, I'm up for another game. Any power other than Japan or the USA is fine (of course, if we play with fewer than 5 people than I'm happy to have either as one of my countries).
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'll try one that gives me a teammate or two to help me through if you don't mind people trying to figure it out as they go.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

I'm always up for more. I'd like to be teamed with someone I haven't been teamed with yet--other than that I don't care what faction I play.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

LM agreed to play along. So our roster is:

USSR - El Guapo
Germany - Lord Mortis
UK - Redfive
Japan - Bakhtosh
USA - Remus West

I think that meets everyone's requests. El Guapo is not Japan or USA; LM is not USA; Redfive hasn't played with EG or Remus; Remus has a couple of Veteran teammates to give advice and is playing a nation that can afford to make a few mistakes.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Works for me. USA! USA!
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

In Soviet Russia, Germany invades YOU!
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:In Soviet Russia, Germany invades YOU!
Uh. El Guapo? I think I would prefer if Soviet Russia were to successfully defend. Thanks. :wink:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Will be ready nightly. Hopefully a bit better this time.

Remus,

You will want help with the US. They are hard to balance and therefore to play effectively in support of your team... Unless your Pacific Navy does an absolutely stunning defense after lost Pearl Harbor bad enough to encourge the Japaness to attack the Pacific coast (grumble grumble grumble ;) ).
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote:Will be ready nightly. Hopefully a bit better this time.

Remus,

You will want help with the US. They are hard to balance and therefore to play effectively in support of your team... Unless your Pacific Navy does an absolutely stunning defense after lost Pearl Harbor bad enough to encourge the Japaness to attack the Pacific coast (grumble grumble grumble ;) ).
Don't worry, we have secretly lined the Hawaiian Islands with mines and built 6 extra anti-aircraft batteries there. Along with the 2 new stealth battleships we should have enough to devestate the Japanese should they be foolish enough to approach.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:In Soviet Russia, Germany invades YOU!
Uh. El Guapo? I think I would prefer if Soviet Russia were to successfully defend. Thanks. :wink:
I still suspect that they will invade. I do plan on defending, however.

Oh, and GAME ON!
Black Lives Matter.