Name the Game from the Screenshot, Part 4

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

AWS260

Re: Name the Game from the Screenshot, Part 4

Post by AWS260 »

It's the only Anno game I've ever played. I played the board game a couple of times and wanted to see how the video game version compared (I was meh on both).
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:34 am I was pretty sure I new the series, but not the version, so I didn't say anything. I did check, though - and I wasn't even close.
Now that it's solved, my guess (having played neither series) was Tropico.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Now that one looks familiar. But not enough for me to "know". Though I think I've played it.

I'll hold off for a bit before I start just naming 4X Space games. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

It isn’t a 4X, although that screenshot looks like it. I’ll hold off on the answer to let others guess, but suffice to say you think about how hot things are a lot in this game.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Oh. :doh:

Yeah. I know now. Or, at least, I've played a recent incarnation. I don't know if I have played this version. I haven't checked the first post, but isn't the basic idea to post older games?

Edit:
Spoiler:
I was checking the name of the current game (which I played on GamePass but have in my Steam wishlist), and I noticed that's where you got the screenshot from. :)

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I googled Ur Cruinne; self-disqualifying. :oops:
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Battletech

I gave it a bit of time since I did look up the game on Steam out of curiosity to see what other iterations there were. Apparently I was wrong. That's the only game in the series. The older games had different titles, I guess. Anyway, I didn't get it initially from the screenshot, but did once the hint was added. And since no one else is grabbing it...

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I went back and read the first post. Last night I had a game in mind, but I forgot it. :( It was probably obscure anyway.

So here's one that may be too obscure. I don't know. Steam says a number of folks played it. So I guess we'll see.

Black Lives Matter

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I wouldn’t call that one obscure. Got stellar reviews IIRC.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

If you are referring to my post, you are likely correct. However, it isn't really a mainstream type of game. I suspect that a lot of people skipped over it. So I didn't want to assume and get accused of being a liar. :)

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter? If so, I have it installed and on my short list, but haven't tried it yet.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Here is one to test age and obscurity. I was obsessed with this one, when I was 11.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:39 pm The Vanishing of Ethan Carter? If so, I have it installed and on my short list, but haven't tried it yet.
Tried it multiple different times, never hooked me. It WAS pretty, though!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:36 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:39 pm The Vanishing of Ethan Carter? If so, I have it installed and on my short list, but haven't tried it yet.
Tried it multiple different times, never hooked me. It WAS pretty, though!
I finished it. I enjoyed it. But it's really more of an Adventure/Puzzle game. It only took ~6 hours (as I recall). Beautiful, but really left me wanting more. I would have liked a few more puzzles/areas.

But the story that unfolds is pretty intense.

Also, in case it wasn't clear, that is correct.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ok, here's one. It's a little obscure, but should be obvious to those who've played it.

I won't be posting VR exclusives as regular shots (not enough saturation, even here), but here's a bonus image from a VR game, just for fun. I did a minor edit to avoid giving it away.
Spoiler:
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I don't know the first one, but for the VR one, is that the zombie one? I haven't gotten it, but I did watch a video or two. I was tempted.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It is. It was a pretty good game. It had that 'early VR awkwardness', but was a lot fun.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

baelthazar, do you still have this game? Do you think it would be possible for three players to play your game by email if they passed along the hotseat saves? I never got far with it solo when it originally came out.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Dave Allen wrote:baelthazar, do you still have this game? Do you think it would be possible for three players to play your game by email if they passed along the hotseat saves? I never got far with it solo when it originally came out.
Unfortunately, I do not. I think I sold it in a yard sale decades ago. To give people a hint, I don’t think I got far either, because I was more interested in brewing potions and burning towns than actually winning.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:57 pm Ok, here's one. It's a little obscure, but should be obvious to those who've played it.

First hint: Despite the title, I finished the game.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:59 am
Blackhawk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:57 pm Ok, here's one. It's a little obscure, but should be obvious to those who've played it.

First hint: Despite the title, I finished the game.
The NeverEnding Story?

baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I have never heard of it, but from your clue I am inferring "Endless Becoming?"

My game was called Dragon Lord (or Dragon's Breath, depending on region). It was a 1990 game about hatching dragons, casting spells and making potions, and wreaking havoc across the land.

Enlarge Image
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Dave Allen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:52 am First hint: Despite the title, I finished the game.
The NeverEnding Story?
[/quote]

Nope.
baelthazar wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:21 pm I have never heard of it, but from your clue I am inferring "Endless Becoming?"
Also nope. But I did finish it.

There are a few people here that I know have played it. I'll post a couple more shots as a clue, and I'll give it away later if nobody figures it out. The first shot was mine, these are 'net sourced.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

What do you call a blind doe?
Spoiler:
No-eye-deer

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

What do get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?
Spoiler:
Eliphino
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Also acceptable. :D

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ok, ok. I didn't think that one was that obscure. I guess they need to be more mainstream given that we have much less traffic than before. I know we have people here who have played it, but they haven't wandered in.

It's a great game, a light adventure/puzzle game. It is one of the most aesthetically satisfying games I've played. It really is beautiful.
Spoiler:
The Unfinished Swan
Next screenshot slot is up for grabs, first come, first serve!
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Here's a fairly easy one for any that have played it (and perhaps also those who haven't, as its artwork is fairly distinctive):

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That one I recognize, just from the trailers. I'm giving someone else a shot, though.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Return of the Obra Dinn. I've had it in my library for quite a while but still haven't gotten around to playing it.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Let's see... Here's one.

Anonymous Bosch

AWS260 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 am Return of the Obra Dinn. I've had it in my library for quite a while but still haven't gotten around to playing it.
Yep, absolutely correct.

BTW, you really ought to give it a shot. It's hands down one of the best 'detective' games I can recall playing, and thoroughly engrossing if you happen to enjoy solving logical deduction puzzles.

PS. I'm fairly certain I recognise the game AWS260 has posted above, but I shall defer from answering so others have the opportunity to get it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

AWS260 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 am Return of the Obra Dinn. I've had it in my library for quite a while but still haven't gotten around to playing it.
Ahhh, crap. Yeah, not many games look like that. That game's been on my wishlist for MANY years.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:24 pm That one I recognize, just from the trailers. I'm giving someone else a shot, though.
FWIW, I remembered the game, but I couldn't remember the title. I thought I remembered part of it, and promptly searched for 'Gunga Din game.' :doh: :oops:
Anonymous Bosch

AWS260 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:37 am Let's see... Here's one.
Well, since no one else has chimed in, I believe what AWS260 posted above was the challenge map from Hand of Fate 2. If I'm correct, please do give Return of the Obra Dinn a whirl, because it's well worth your time.

With that, I'll leave the spot open for anyone else who'd like to post…
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Correct! I am now obligated to play Obra Dinn.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

That just reminded me of another game, so I'll give this a shot as well. Curious how many / who will recognize this:

Enlarge Image
Black Lives Matter.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Oh gosh that's so familiar. What is the name...
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I don't remember the exact name, but I think I played it. Or one of the games in the series. On a friend's macintosh.
Spoiler:
I want to say it had "Three" in the title. Maybe more than once. Though I could be deluded.

Black Lives Matter