Need opinions on PC Computer Game "World of Formula One

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple

Need opinions on PC Computer Game "World of Formula One

Post by jztemple »

I just stumbled across this game, link here: http://www.roogames.co.uk/F1R.html

I posted this question over on the Speed.com F1 forum but I figure someone here might have some information as well.

Does anyone have experience with this game and with the publisher? I live in the US so I have to order overseas and before I plunk down my credit card I'd like to have some independent opinions about the value of the game.

I'm an old F1 fan from back in the late 1960's so a game covering that period sounds interesting. I've owned various versions of F1 manager games but was never satified with them, as I didn't really want to dicker around with sponser contracts and the like. I realize this is just a replay game, but I'm wondering if there's enough to it to make it worth while ordering.

Any thoughts or inputs would be most welcome. Thanks!
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Don't know.

But if you find out more, or order it, be sure to post back.
Name the 3 branches of the US Government: "Judicial, legislative....I can twerk"
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

Dude, get Grand Prix Legends - not only is it exactly the time period you are looking for, but it's been pretty much ground up rebuilt by the community. You can probably trade for a copy in the trading forum here, or maybe find one ebay or in a store for super cheap. Then you can actually drive something. :)
jztemple

Post by jztemple »

Kratz wrote:Dude, get Grand Prix Legends - not only is it exactly the time period you are looking for, but it's been pretty much ground up rebuilt by the community. You can probably trade for a copy in the trading forum here, or maybe find one ebay or in a store for super cheap. Then you can actually drive something. :)
Dude :wink:, I've owned GPL since the first day it went on sale, as well as the EA F1 series and all the Grand Prix series, back to the original World Circuit from the early nineties (wonder how much that's worth now?). Mmm... racing in the streets of Phoenix. My track count for GPL is in the hundreds, although heaven knows when I'll get time to race them all...

I'm just always on the lookout for an F1 game that I can enjoy without having my wheel and pedals to set up. I have a couple of the manager games but I *hate* dealing with the money end of it. World of Formula One looks to be interesting, but I'd like to find out more about it.
Byrns

Post by Byrns »

I miss Grand Prix Manager by Microprose. Too bad nobody has come around to update that.